Mike B posts on Twitter about Nick being fired.....

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Mugsysam, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    MIKE BOCCHETTI ‏@MIKEBOCCHETTI
    Hi everyone i feel bad what happened to nick i have no control over it please my dad is still dying im stessed enough love you all mike

https://twitter.com/MIKEBOCCHETTI?tw_i=289842473763745793&tw_e=screenname&tw_p=tweetembed

2. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    His dad's been dying for a good long while now. And I thought he hates his dad anyway? He seemed to always refer to him as a scumbag... :dontknow:

3. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    But are the bees in trouble?? :bee:

4. ilovebacon

Reputations:
  5. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His dad is dying slowly.....

6. ilovebacon

Reputations:
    Aren't we all? #deepthoughts

7. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    Oh my God that's right! I completely forgot about the fact that he hates his father! You think this is really a step-dad that he considers a father given his Dad left when he was a kid?

8. ilovebacon

Reputations:
    I don't think so... I may be remembering wrong, but I thought he said his dad skipped out on the family, but his parents never officially divorced.... :dontknow:

9. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sorry to hear that his father is still dying. Sometimes dying takes a long time if you're dying slowly in a hospital. Mike's father is in a hospital and he's slowly dying a slow death. I hope Mike's father, who is slowly dying in a hospital isn't suffering, especially since he's slowly dying in a hospital.

10. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just want to know WHY he got fired? Did he have a fight with Artie? WTF happened? I found it odd that he was out one that one day.

11. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    I think that Nick and Artie were not getting along anymore behind the scenes and it ultimately boiled over to the show on 12/21/12. Remember during the Bonnie Bernstein segment where they were going to go through their weekly football picks and Artie started to trail off to tell Bonnie about the Fantasy Football League they were in and Nick flipped out? I remember Nick saying something like-"Can we just for once go through something" and "Can I ever get a word in edge wise?". Now while I don't think Nick was let go over that one argument, I think, like I said, that there had been problems for sometime, and it got to the point that Nick and Artie just could not work together anymore, and well, the execs at Direct TV chose Artie to stay over Nick because let's face it, Artie is better known of the two. I am sure that Nick will get paid the remainder of his contract, and he more than likely signed something so he couldn't talk about what happened.

12. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It was another "test" show. They sent Nick home so they could see how many people downloaded the no-Nick show versus the No-Artie shows.

13. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We won't know till Nick is on Opie and Anthony to talk about this I guess. Really sad though. Nick was a good guy in the end. He was right to try to move things along. Artie would get obsessed with some boring schtick and not let it go. I never understood his obsession with the boring twins, meshing up audio of Ozzie Guillen etc etc.

14. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    I am willing to bet Nick had to sign some sort of no talk clause about what happened.

15. Wigster

Wigster Member

Reputations:

Let's not forget the hilarious, professional editing of 'Boomer and Cartman'. What a classic bit.

16. nfender23

nfender23 New Member

Reputations:
    Man. And Nick is the one who came up with the idea to have Artie co-host with him. Artie is the bigger draw. We all know that. I would hope that Nick knew that. But, maybe not. Good luck to Nick, either way.

17. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure he can't talk about it - especially if they're paying him out.
    Even in Corporate Severance agreements, there is always a note that says you can't talk about the details of the contract - once you sign it & get the money.

18. IHateHoward2

IHateHoward2 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Random thoughts (since I don't have a theory):

- Artie initial sick days could have been a catalyst of some sort (with respect to maybe Nick going to mgmt complaining that this was starting to become an addiction issue playing out much in the same way it did on HSS

- Nick called in sick AFTER Artie had called in sick, and AFTER <a week after> Nick said he was sick. To me when you have something like that (a person calling in sick a few days after their co-worker does....for the first time ever), it comes off as passive aggressive and/or an act of protest or defiance

- In terms of their attitude toward each other on air lately N&A seemed overly deferential, especially when they were talking about illnesses. For guys who spent the entire show busting each other's chops, when it came to illness, it was treated in an overly sober, well meaning and serious nature. (being out with a cold is perfect fodder for guys to call each other pussies, instead they played at annoyingly straight)

- I can't say enough how aggravated Nick ALWAYS seemed to be with EVERYTHING....not just Artie

19. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    Nick is so full of hate and is so miserable, he is going to seriously give himself a heart attack. That is not a joke, I am not trying to sarcastic or wish it on him, I am just saying that carrying all that hate and anger will take a toll on his health as well.

And yes, just like the apparent drug use/smoking/and being overweight will kill Artie sooner than later too.

20. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The guy works out like crazy, and knows how to stay healthy. Not really a cantidate for a heart attack.