Mike Francesa show in 1776

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    [video=youtube;ptPBCSsPJR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptPBCSsPJR4[/video]

:facepalm:
    [video=youtube;5P3XzgRNwAQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P3XzgRNwAQ[/video]
    [video=youtube;kKt2HwNQtEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kKt2HwNQtEE[/video]

2. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    mike n the mad dog was best sports show ever

3. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    paging ARM

4. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    just proves what a dead medium radio is that this bore gets any kind of fame. he is a zero.

5. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Leave Howard alone!
    :bigcry:

6. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just looked at my pager. Francesa BAFFLES the fuck out of me for years he can command ANY kind of audience with that arrogance, and general lack of charisma.

He's also SUPER uptight which is the ultimate radio turn-off. And he's like living in the 60's with this total lack of rolling with the new. WHO the fuck is STILL listening to this Long Island accented cocky carcass with ALL the other options out there??? This ESPECIALLY after his better half in Chris Russo bolted.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  7. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Imus told him he was horrible back when he still did sports on his show. :dontknow:

8. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Listen to these, ARM. :hhh:

[video=youtube;VyvbKmg50y8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvbKmg50y8[/video]
    [video=youtube;5HeufL5os_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HeufL5os_4[/video]
    [video=youtube;-qADhpt8SCk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qADhpt8SCk[/video]

9. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You LOVE Imus!!!! Holy shit, you MAY be his biggest fan that I know of!! Wasn't HIS idea to team "Fatso and the Fruit-Loop" up anyway way back in 89?

My father who recently passed away used to love Imus.

10. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Check out Craig Carton's book, he KILLS Francesa in it in this behind-the-scenes anecdote.

11. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Yeah, it was, actually. Depending on how you look at it, Imus is either a very good or very horrible judge of radio talent. :jj:

12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do you of anyone else he cultivated? Mike Breen sort of hatched as his brain-child, did he not? When I was a kid Mike Breen called my parents in the hopes I would stop breaking his balls on the air.

13. Bourbonlike

Bourbonlike New Member

Reputations:
    Couldn't agree more. No clue how he's still considered the Pope of NY sports radio. Perhaps it's just a habitual thing. I still tune in, but just shake my head at how bad a broadcaster he really is. The constant repetitiveness is excruciating.

Thanks Nemo for the 1776 clip. Dude nailed it.

14. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There just has to be that "love to hate him" factor with -- I'd say 1/2 his audience??? They pay him a shitload of $ now that he's solo, and it actually works for them ratings wise. This is a deal with the devil that even Adam Sandler could jealous of.

15. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    That's great ARM, Breen took himself a little too seriously for my tastes, glad to know someone busted his balls. Anyway, you have the story exactly right, here's what happened: Breen started filling in on Sports Night, Imus heard him, and picked him to do the sports on his show and recommended him for his own show. Then based on his WFAN appearances on Imus, he was able to get his national NBA and MSG gigs. One thing I find interesting about Imus is that none of the guys who he gave their start seem to like him, though it was probably due to the way Imus chewed them out and goofed on them while they were on his show.

16. Bourbonlike

Bourbonlike New Member

Reputations:
    Yep. Ratings are still there, although I don't know anyone who likes the guy anymore. Doesn't hurt that nobody can find ESPN radio on the dial anymore.

BTW, Kudos to your calls to him. He gives you more time than any other caller I've heard. Only time I've seen him laugh lately as well. He caught onto you yet?

17. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    OH...you don't know the half of it!! That "takes himself too serious" weenie attitude is EXACTLY what made me and my friends go after him the hardest. Just TERRORIZE him on air with fake names and ball breakages. It ALL started back when he would fill in for Dave Sims on WNBC Sportsnight Radio show. We had to have been like 13 or 14 years old??

I actually take a retroactive shot at Breen's PC horseshit on a recent call to Francesa I made to Zoo Za Zoo.

[video=youtube;QzIxK7ZhPgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzIxK7ZhPgc[/video]

18. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Soooo true!!! ESPN switches stations more than Bryant Gumbel.

19. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    By the way ARM, I forgot earlier, but condolences on your Dad's passing. Any fan of classic Imus had to be a good guy in my book, anyway.

20. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks TS, it was THE most brutal chapter of my life, that's sure for. He used to listen to Imus fairly regularly on his commute to IBM in Jericho LI from WNBC to his days on WFAN. Pretty conversative guy, and Imus was about as edgy as he'd get.