Sports Mike Piazza Goes Full Gay

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by wife is a whore, Jun 8, 2016.

1. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
  2. Bobby Axelrod

Bobby Axelrod Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Haha. I opened this thread assuming the title was a misrepresentation but honestly would not have been the least bit surprised if it was about Piazza actually coming out of the closet.

wife is a whore and Slow like this.
  3. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
    OMG. I clutched my pearls to dust, tbh. Those rumors will live another day as just rumors.

4. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Its not just gay its a bad investment.

BrerJimmy and wife is a whore like this.
  5. Princess Kitty

Princess Kitty You Knew VIP

Reputations:
  6. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

Is he rumored to be gay?

I don't follow the gossip.

wife is a whore likes this.
  7. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
    Yessssssss. For years.

Mike Piazza Discusses Gay Rumors in New Memoir
    By Elliott Moore, Sports Intern at GLAAD |
    February 14, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Former Major League Baseball player (and probable future Hall-Of-Famer) Mike Piazza's new memoir discusses noteworthy events in his life, including the decade-old rumor that he is gay. The book discusses how Piazza felt offended – not that people thought he was gay, but that people thought he would go so far as to create an elaborate and phony life in order to hide his sexual orientation. In the new memoir Piazza states that if, "I was gay, I'd be gay all the way".

[​IMG]The allegations stem from all the way back in 2002. At that time a rumor was circulated that there was a gay player on the New York Mets, the team for which Piazza played. It was obvious to many that the rumors were about Piazza himself, and he actually went so far as to host an impromptu press conference to publically affirm his heterosexuality, in which he stated, "I can only say what I know and what the truth is and that’s I’m heterosexual and I date women. That’s it. End of story". After the press conference there was a fair amount of backlash against Piazza for how he chose to handle the situation. Some sports writers even at the time commented on how Piazza should have used the situation to instead comment on how being gay should be a non-issue as a professional baseball player. This instance was one of the first times that sports media and fans alike talked about how the world of sports would react to an openly gay athlete, and even though the press conference held by Piazza was probably unnecessary, it did help to create a discussion about having LGBT-identifying people within professional sports.

Piazza doesn’t shy away from controversy in the book, also discussing his feud with pitcher Roger Clemens and his alleged use of performance enhancing drugs. But with the positive environment that is currently being created by professional athletes for the LGBT community, maybe he felt it was necessary to add in his book that his hastily convened 'I'm not gay' press conference was not because he didn't want to be known as gay, but because he didn't want people thinking that he was leading an elaborate, phony lifestyle. If so, this reflects a shift in mood that comes in response to over a decade worth of examples that prove athletes would be accepting of an openly gay teammate. Like when, after his divorce in 2006, NFL player Michael Strahan was similarly confronted with rumors of him being gay. Unlike Piazza, Strahan did not hold a press conference to affirm his sexuality but rathercommented on how he had friends that were gay and that he was okay with that. The sports world has come a long way in the decade-plus since the Piazza rumor began spreading, and the way he handled it in his memoir shows the progress that has been made in creating an LGBT inclusive environment among current and former professional athletes.

8. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  9. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

K

10. hidden dragon

hidden dragon the princess of darkness Staff Member

Reputations:
    Damn it wifey, I thought this was going to be about him running out of the closet. He's just throwing money away? Fuck.

11. wife is a whore

Reputations:
    When he buys a team or signs w/ the Cowgirls, I'll make a Full Gay thread for Luck.

12. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Hahahaha

That's only fair. It is the Cowboys after all

13. wife is a whore

Reputations:
    They have a history of gay QBs. Aikman, Tony Homo...Don Meredith was prolly a 3 beer queer and Bernie Kosar so broke he'd likely go gay4pay.

14. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  15. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I thought he was going to change his name to Michelle piazza.