Minimum wage increase discussion

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by NyMarkNy, Jun 20, 2014.

1. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/20/opinion/offenheiser-minimum-wage/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

This guy is full of shit. As a small business owner I am making no where near 200 to 1 or even 15 to 1 as what my lowest level employee is making. If they raise minimum wage then my entry level guys that I could replace with a machine, but merely kept on the job because I genuinely felt bad for them and wanted to give them a chance to make a living would be gone.

Couple this with Obamacare and the massive hit I took in terms of providing health care without cutting employees or their hours and it would be bad news for a huge percentage of people working for me.

I do not understand why these very liberal people cant grasp that 1. If we raised minimum wage based upon inflation rates it would be exactly where it is now unless we used some arbitrary starting point other than the inception of the minimum wage. 2. If you raise minimum wage then every other employee will want their wages raised so that they are not suddenly making what a guy is making his first day on the job when they have been working for a couple of years. 3. If you raise wages, costs go up. Even for owners such as myself that are not greedy by any means, that means either you cut jobs or raise prices -> this leads to less purchasing power so now your 10 per hour buys the same shit that your 8 per hour did.

Minimum wage is bs, the market determines your pay. This is not 1920 where labor was nearly enslaved by a handful of people. America, yes is made up of large corporations, but small businesses are the ones that would get fucked by something like this. If you raise the minimum wage it will lead directly to job loss. I, as an owner making less than 8 times what my lowest level guy is making and risking millions of my own in my business, not some greedy fuck that fires 10 people to pay for his vacation home, is who would get the brunt of it. Myself and every other employee in America.

2. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I do not understand why these very conservative people cant grasp that either.
    Who are these great conservatives that republicans vote for that are ever against it?
    None in my lifetime. You hating liberals is BS, unless by liberals you mean everyone, including you.

3. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Gee, what a shock that an Oxfam "study" shows that "Everybody Wins!!!" with a hike to $10.25.

4. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    I call bullshit! You are very rich!(at least according to the conservatives).
    Remember the rally cry "Nobody's ever worked for a poor person".
    Right wingers LOVE to say that.

5. NyMarkNy

Reputations:
    Anyone who is voting for minimum wage increases is a liberal cunt. However true liberals encompass those that want to spend other people's money, give unlimited funds to social programs, and are generally a bunch of pussies in every facet of life i.e., you.

6. scoobyla

Reputations:
    I'm against it on principle, but I realize there are some benefits.

7. HORSETOOTHED

HORSETOOTHED Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sorry it's illegal for you to do your job now... before you go can you help us unload your replacement?

[​IMG]

8. scoobyla

Reputations:
    Who did you vote for in the last 3 elections?
    What spending programs or social programs were cut or decreased when the "conservatives" had total control of gov?

I don't disagree with you on the issue, but I don't see it ever changing because no one stands on principle.

9. scoobyla

Reputations:
    Although, if 10 is good why not make it 50, then the economy will really be great. :rolleye:

10. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "my pooosies like an matchiiine,"
    [​IMG]

11. AndyRotten

AndyRotten Active Member

Reputations:
    Little guy gets fucked, corporations and politicians get richer. Same thing thats been happening for years.

Scoresman got a tattoo.

12. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

The douchbag who brags about his Porsche, million dollar condo, and going out for $200 steaks is now crying poor mouth. :backlol2:

13. NyMarkNy

Reputations:
    Yes I do enjoy all that. I also keep employees with jobs when I dont actually have to, I pay for all of their health care above the minimum, and I keep my prices reasonable so I can serve rich and not rich customers a like.

I also donate to a variety of charities. But yes I also have an expensive condo, car, and enjoy lavish dinners and vacations.

How about next time you work 6 days a week as a typical work week with not a single day being less than 10 hours unless I have a doctor's appointment of some kind. Then work 7 days when people go on vacation or call in sick so you can fill in for them, and then take the time to handle payroll, scheduling, etc. on your one off day. Do all of this while investing upt o this point a couple million dollars of your own money and then say something.

I work hard, I play hard, and all the while I am probably the most considerate boss on the planet. I literally keep people in jobs I could replace because I feel for them and their families. So suck a dick bitch.

14. NyMarkNy

Reputations:
    Oh I also just recently allowed a woman who's husband has progressively destructive cancer to forgo paying rent for the next 2 months while she gets back on her feet because her bills are adding up. What have you done for anyone lately? Typical jealous cunt. I earned every cent that went towards my car, my home, and everything I have ever spent money on. You sit in your basement taking government hand outs crying because the closest youll ever come to eating at an expensive restaurant is digging through their trash for left overs.

I also took 0 days off this year thus far for vacation and it doesnt look like I will get the chance at all. Enjoy your left over Stover's mac and cheese off the floor you lazy bastard. Ill let you know how my next dinner at Del Posto goes.

Every lazy fuck thinks being boss = making millions while not doing shit. Most small business owners work every bit as hard as the next hardest working employee, usually harder with longer hours and more pressure, but also invest their own money into it. Every employee should know what its like to invest potentially life destroying money into a business, then work all day, followed by agonizing at night over what the profits are and how much you need to go into your pocket to pay your employees so they dont suffer. Growing a successful business from scratch is something less than .005% of people have the balls or dedication to do.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  15. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:
    Del Posto was my original username at SFN

16. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i'm in favor of lowering the minimum wage, and taxing the poor at a higher rate...it is an incentive to work harder

17. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pillar spelt Stoffers wrong.

18. MFnAntiChrist

MFnAntiChrist Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This. A business owners day doesn't end. There are no vacations or time off. There is no "ah fuck it, let someone else figure it out". I try time and time again to explain this to guys like Ving and my employees. It falls on deaf ears. All they want to know is when the work day is over and if they are getting a paycheck on the 1st and 15th.
    Half my day is spent running around from one meeting to the other and the other half is spent in front of this fucking computer writing estimates, paying bills and looking for work. Ving is probably the same little cocksucker that told me I need to be on the job more often. Fuck him. Without guys like me, there is no job.
    Fortunately I work in a field where starting pay is way above minimum wage and I can pass that expense on to my clients. But I'll be motherfucked if some little asshole is gonna sit around and tell me I need to work harder.

19. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It isn't about minimum wage increases. It isn't about your business succeeding.. It's about buying votes so that people remain asleep and don't open their eyes to see the politicians raping them.

its all about getting people on their side so that they'll overlook their shortcomings and excuse their failures.

20. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I know for sure I'm 50 billion times better off than you. Enjoy that solid gold coffin you stressed out cheap miserable fuck. He's bragging about his generosity while paying minimum wage and spending $200 on a steak. He once said he spends more on a Friday night than I make all year. Lets assume I'm at minimum wage, that means his discretionary income is 52 times the minimum wage which he readily admits to paying his employees. Sounds like you're up to your ears in your own horseshit. Cheap bastard paying people minimum wage in NY, you should be gassed.