Missed this at the time..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by noname2, Jan 5, 2014.

1. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Does anyone remember this? Of course I watched the appearance. It was what finally turned my husband from a diehard Howard supporter to one of us. I missed the Leno info and wonder exactly what he said to ask the Letterman show to cut the comments from broadcast? Howard is not one to take his words back.

http://www.examiner.com/article/howard-stern-s-jay-leno-comments-cut-from-letterman-appearance

Howard Stern admitted Monday that he told producers at "Late Show with David Letterman" to cut his comments about Jay Leno from his appearance on the show Thursday night.
    Stern returned to the radio live Monday, and spoke with a caller who attended the Letterman taping in person. When the caller asked why an apparent rant about Leno ws cut from the broadcast, Stern had this to say:
    “They called and said the show was long. Is there something that I could take out. And I said: ‘Well, I thought my Leno stuff fell flat’ and I’ve done that like 20 times on Letterman where I bash Jay…I said: ‘I don’t think the Jay stuff came off all that well. If you’re going to cut something cut that'.’â€
    Stern has been ripping on Jay Leno for years, but he made headlines recently after calling Leno a "spineless maggot" during a recent Howard Stern Show broadcast. Stern, who is now Leno's NBC co-worker thanks to his gig on "America's Got Talent," revealed that he got a "nasty note" from an NBC executive for after his comments about "The Tonight Show" host.
    Stern said Monday that he told "Late Show" producers to cut his latest rant about Leno because
    "I really didn't say anything but the same thing

2. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just remember laughing at the notion that the Letterman people called Howard to ask what they should edit out. I'm sure they've been editing his appearances for years (without asking him) because most of what he says is boring and not funny. Clearly they're not that impressed with him, as they proved recently by bumping him for Jennifer Lawrence.

3. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    he musta kicked bianca's urn over when that happened.

4. blottomsup

blottomsup Well-Known Member

Reputations:

It seemed inevitable that a day would come when Howard would need to shut up about Leno.

It's a bit surprising that Howard didn't realize that both Leno and AGT are on NBC. Then again, maybe Howard realized it but believed he was powerful enough to get away with it.

I guess he got his answer.

5. noname2

Reputations:
    Combing through old Letterman performances, I came across a show from 1994 and the intro song was Mississippi Queen, lol. Howard commented that he did not know why they played that song for him. There is some bad blood between Howard and Paul Shaffer, and studio musicians as a whole. Who can forget Get Off The Stage by Questlove?

6. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    howard is the real spineless maggot.

7. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just for the record, this was re Howard's appearance in September 2012 - not the most recent one when he was bumped by Jennifer Lawrence to Friday night.

8. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;nRz-NTlda_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRz-NTlda_A[/video][video=youtube;P0Pwr5mnqhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Pwr5mnqhA[/video]

9. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    you misspelled a word there.

10. noname2

Reputations:
    I see what you did thar..

I thought this was recent..my bad for not checking the date.

11. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    :console:

there is after all, lots of Wiggy stoopid to goof on.

12. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    ..with envy

13. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Its telling that Howard models his appearances after Don Rickles but does such a shitty job of imitating him that he just comes off like an unfunny, scarf-wearing fruit.

Then when he actually admitted that he showed hurt to Don when Rickles goofed on him. Uber-pussy.

14. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Off topic for a second, Kelly I am sure you saw a mod finally closed the "Who is Scott Ostrosky" thread. Given the ton of work you did in that thread, are you glad or sad to see it finally go? Personally I think that Winst could have given you some actual info for all the digging you did. The reality is there was probably never any real info to give and this was more or less an excercise in someone who took a creative writing class once and has endless knowledge of shitty 80s Eurotrash Youtube videos.

Thanks again for all the work you did when that thread was entertaining for a week or two back in early 2012.

15. noname2

Reputations:
    You are welcome..the thread was actually kept going by many dedicated posters hoping for a shred of truth. I was not aware it was closed but I am sad. I don't know why it had to be ended or why certain people were so annoyed by it. It was just a fun and frustrating ride.

16. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...well said my friend, kelly was amazing time and again in that thread. i didnt know it had been closed or can think of a reason why it needed to be, like the 100's of thousands of threads at the shed nobody is forcing anyone to click on any one of them. farewell scott ostrosky, take care of that hammertoe.

17. noname2

Reputations:
    Thread is back open again thanks to Dawg.

RP, you were just as instrumental in that thread..now we get to play a bit more.

18. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    When I got here, The Scott Ostrosky was hundreds of pages long....Can someone give me a synopsis of it?

19. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I spoke too soon. About an hour ago it was locked. It looks like Dawg just unlocked it. I guess in a few months when the thread hits its 2 year anniversary Winst may give us some real inside info.

20. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If he wanted to cut out the part that fell flat he should've asked that they not air the entire interview.

[​IMG]