Amazon Prime

Mitt Romney Campaign Aides Had Credit Cards Canceled Late On Election Night

Discussion in 'Politics' started by R.P. McMurphy, Nov 9, 2012.

1. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    ...mitts the kindest most upright person youll ever know. im grateful to the hierarchy of kolab for keeping an eye on that creep.

Mitt Romney delayed conceding the 2012 election to President Barack Obama, even with the writing on the wall. Once he admitted defeat, however, his campaign went into shutdown mode, quickly dismantling and even canceling the credit cards of campaign aides late on election night.
    NBC's Garrett Haake described the abrupt transition of the Romney campaign after the GOP nominee gave his brief concession speech:
    From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.
    "Fiscally conservative," one Romney campaign staffer told NBC.
    Although Romney's staffers' credit cards were canceled, there are still loose ends to tie up. Papers need to be filed with federal commissions and bills need to be paid, Forbes' Helaine Olen notes.
    That staff also has to deal with the wrath of Romney donors, who allege they were disillusioned by the chances the Republican party had to win.
    On Wednesday, Romney had a post-defeat breakfast with some of his wealthiest and most loyal donors. At the private gathering, the donors allegedly unloaded on Romney staff for its failed "junior varsity operation."
    “Everybody feels like they were a bunch of well-meaning folks who were, to use a phrase that Governor Romney coined to describe his opponent, way in over their heads,†one member of the campaign’s national finance committee told the Washington Post's Philip Rucker. “Romney World will fade into the obscurity of a lot of losing campaigns.â€
    Republican pundits also answered to those donors.
    Karl Rove's Crossroads allegedly called the campaign's biggest donors to explain the loss on Thursday, according to Politico. “Obviously, somebody made a mistake and didn’t do things right. There’s no question about that,†Stan Hubbard, a Minnesota media mogul and mega-donor, told Politico's Ken Vogel.
    On Tuesday night, Romney thanked his staff in his concession speech.
    "To the team across the country -- the volunteers, the fundraisers, the donors, the surrogates -- I don’t believe that there’s ever been an effort in our party that can compare with what you have done over these past years," he said. "Thank you so very much."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...s-staffers-aids-election-night_n_2099916.html

2. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    That staff also has to deal with the wrath of Romney donors, who allege they were disillusioned by the chances the Republican party had to win.

If anyone allowed themselves to be deluded on Romney's chances of winning, they should blame themselves for falling into the right wing media's fact free bubble. The writing was on the wall that Mitts chances of winning were possible but improbable. Don't be mad when you throw your money at loosing odds, that's called taking a risk.

3. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...liberal media polls were all lies, romney had internal polls. i guess being a romney staffer isnt much different than being a displaced worker due to bain offshoring, when mitts done with you he airbrushes you away.

4. Gusbuss

Gusbuss Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I liked that he had all those fireworks ready to go off in Boston and the company had to pack them up and ship back.

5. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    Well if Romney believed that hype then that is really pathetic. If I were in a situation like that, sure I'd have a positive attitude, but with scientific reality staring me in the face I'd surely question why my polls were so much different than national polls. That sucks for his staffers though, no reimbursement for the cab ride home--that's one cold sum'bitch.

6. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    the all mighty whitey took a shit on his own .......i am suprised

7. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...if he did that to his staffers what would have have done to us? he thought his version of god was going to over rule the data im glad he looks like a bafoon and feels like one too.

8. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :giggle:

[​IMG]