Monday 2/24/14

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by octex, Feb 24, 2014.

1. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Back from vacation tonight! Artie welcomes in comedians Sam Morril & Joe Machi, Casey Stern from MLB Network Radio, and film critic Richard Roeper

Plus we get to hear about the exciting vacation days of Mike Bocchetti!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Roeper as a guest but they just had him on. Stern segment will turn into a Bocchetti fest, especially if he is in studio.

2. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Stern is so terrible.I dont mind, but definitely dont like, Roeper.Joe Machi looks and sounds like an unfunny girl.Sam Morril is moderately funny.I dont want to hear the same arod conversation again and again. I wish theyd stop the sports; artie knows nothing about sports so the only useful info gained from sports interviews would be for totally sports-ignorant girls.Cant wait to hear the endless jason collins talk, again. Wonder if artie will call him a hero

3. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure they will book that gay guy that played in the NFL for his take on the Jason Collins 10 day contract.

4. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Casey.

Fucking.

Stern.

Again.

I swear he's had more airtime than Ritchie, at least by spoken words.

Roeper's not bad, and with another two never-heard-of comedians and some post-vacation energy maybe it will be a good show?

Wait, that person on the right is "Joe"? You're right, I knew a girl who looked EXACTLY like that. Are they some kind of couple?

[​IMG]

Apparently, Artie's top-notch webmasters haven't figured out how to scale multiple image sizes for web presentation.

5. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;RRgk0NelPGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRgk0NelPGs[/video]

6. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Uh, wow. I got a couple of smiles in the first minute, and it went quickly downhill after that. By the end I viscerally hated the guy for wasting my time. What did you think, ltd?

7. ronaldjacobs123

ronaldjacobs123 Member

Reputations:
    Casey Stern : What's up boys?

8. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Same thing, actually.First minute or two had a chuckle, then the laughter diappeared hes got a strange deep voice and other "comedian" has straange high-pitched voice

9. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    The fact that in this promo reel one of the customer ups and leaves, blocking the comedian completely, should have told us something. :) Coincidence or not, it was shortly after the set turned.

I expected his voice to match his Jerry Lewis look, so it was a surprise.

So it's the usual then, younger comics without much material who'll talk aimlessly about themselves. Standard night on TALS. Let's just hope Artie's on fi-ya.

10. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I really hope artie is bitter or depressed and goes into who cares mode.I also hope that ritchie crashes into another parked car at a drive-thru on his way in to the studio

11. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    So you're just in this for the lulz. I misunderstood. :)

12. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love who cares mode Artie. Remember when Adrian broke up with him back in the N & A days, he kept singing that stupid KC & the Sunshine band song, that was the tits.

13. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    That Joe comic was fucking weird. Very weird presence, very weird face, very weird voice. He looks absolutely terrified of everything in the world. Either that or he is deathly afraid of performing/being on tv. The jokes Art made about him being raped by Sandusky or setting fires really make sense if you can see his face.

I was interested that when they went to Tim/Jim? on the phone, you could hear the first hour of the show playing because Mondays and Fridays are on a 1 hour delay now. I don't understand why they are keeping the 1 hour delay for mondays and fridays, but showing the show tuesdays through thursdays on a 4 hour delay. The live superbowl shows week was moderately successful. I don't understand why they don't just stick with it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  14. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    When they first talk to Tim, the Audience network mid-season promo is playing, which for some reason, no one on the show can identify (they air it about every other "commercial" break).
    It transitions to their show and they think it's live.
    No one in the studio knows that the tv show is on a 1 hour delay as opposed to being live.
    Shane reveals that he thought the show is live on tv.

When Art jokes about hanging up on Tyson and James actually does it was the best part of the show.

15. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Hmm, apparently Artie has developed a raging hard-on (like sexually, for real) for the young Ronan Farrow. But he wants him in a wig first. He is going on and on.

16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    "Gotta come out swingin' with this scoundrel."

Scoundrel. Yeah this guy's straight.

Artie: "Maybe you're allergic to dead silence."

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  17. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Artie was funnier than he's been lately last night.

The gay ass-kissing was predictable and cringe-worthy. How does someone sell out so totally and shamelessly (and yet frequently make gay jokes, then turn around and talk about the train leaving the station or whatever he said?)

Worse yet, retarded Ritchie stepping all over the show last night (seemed even worse than usual)

18. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Well, he's in "transition" from goomba to modern intellectual, or something, but why can't he make gay jokes and still want gay rights? People still make black/woman/religious/etc. jokes; they just don't cross certain lines. That said, there is a yin/yang thing between civil rights progress / "political correctness" and much of comedy.

I'm a half hour in and haven't really heard a peep from Ritchie...

19. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm (unbelievably) with Casey Stern on this. The overblown nature of the coverage of two scrub players is ridiculous. I can't wait until straight players start declaring themselves to be homosexual just to get all the press, endorsements, invites to the State of the Union, etc.

Also, I don't really believe that Artie has come to this new "enlightenment." I think it's more of a way of playing nice with the execs so, despite all his absences and relapses, he doesn't end up the way Nick did.

20. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Damn that Joe Machi was freaking brutal to watch.