Monday, June 17

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Mike, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    I will probably listen til the first commercial break and then bailout for the podcast

2. jgard

jgard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I typically do the same lol

3. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    where is everyone

4. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    This show is starting off pretty horrible.

The only funny thing that happened was in my own head:
    Bocchetti was talking to the camera about eating healthier during the Live Look-In, I saw the tattoo on his arm and remembered an old Nick joke where he said that it was a tattoo of a salt-shaker.

5. jgard

jgard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah I was attempting to multitask while listening, from what I could tell it seemed to get a bit ponderous; will catch up and listen while I run in the rain it looks like

6. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Shoot, sounds like a dip in The Artie Lange Show Quality Rollercoaster... and I've only got 6 minutes left of the 6/14 show. :( I hope 6/17 gets better than it sounds for you so far.

7. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Quick! What's wrong with this photo of Mike Bocchetti?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  8. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The live look ins with Bocchetti are so painful to watch. That idiot trying to vamp and kill time is so fucking awful. "Artie really inspires me, hello America, hello countries that love us. Hope you love us as much as we love you. Can't wait to be part of the Hollywood machine, go to the La Brea tar pits, Hollywood walk of fame."

9. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Good analysis.

Opening, which is usually the best part of the show, was terrible. No one wants to hear how great it is to go to Chicago with Falato. I don't care that they first started producing slinkies in Chicago.

Ritchie's stupidity seemed to be more pronounced last night and really bothered me. He couldn't even understand a simple fat joke that Artie made. How fucking stupid is he really?

Bocchetti's live look-ins are the worst. Nick and Artie used to try to do something, or at least be on camera, for the live look-ins. Now it's just Bocchetti floundering around, looking nervous, saying "we love you."

10. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Do they post the "live look-ins"? The produced bit/commercial videos they've put out are great but I rarely see them.

11. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    You're not missing much. Jazz music in background while Bocchetti fiddles with his t-shirt and fidgets around waving his finger at the camera saying, "America, we love you. All the countries that love us we love you. Canada, we love you." He then pauses, trying to name another country but can't think of one. " Artie's the best, I love Artie. Thank you to the fans in every country around the world. We love you"

That's basically every live look-in now.

Once in a while, it'll be like Shane and the twins doing some awful rehearsed bit.

Sometimes, they'll show Artie, Ritchie, and the guest at the table. Artie's usually staring at his phone, bored out of his mind. Ritchie's usually unsuccessfully attempting to make small talk with the guest. Sometimes the guest pitches things to talk about in the upcoming segment.

12. Peau de Soie

Reputations:

Thanks! I probably smiled more reading your description than I would watching the spots. :)

By the way, I've been meaning to say this, but we had some fairly harsh words over Nick, and I want to apologize. You have your preferences but you've continued to be a fan (or at least listener) of the show, and I appreciate your input here... :)

13. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And lemme guess lots of chair adjusting and finger pointing. :facepalm: Thanks for the amusing description but I don't know how much more of this people can take. It's fine that he is awkward on camera, most people would be. But when you couple that with the attitude that he actually belongs in show business, I mean who can tolerate that, especially from a Staten Islander.

14. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Thanks buddy, same here. You seem like a good guy.

15. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Octex- Nice prediction about the Miss America/Bocchetti clips.

16. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks. I actually tweeted that to Artie and the show so maybe that's how they thought of it. I was busting Bocchetti's balls the other day on twitter and he blocked me. Not sure how my life can go on now.

17. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Does that schmoe REALLY get enough action that he can afford to BLOCK people? :) He's like a dim wackpacker who already has a job on the show.

18. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It was awesome. He told me to "go suck my mother's cock." I replied "Impossible. She doesn't live here." Then he blocked me and some of his jerkoff followers started in on me. Classic.

19. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Damn, Octex!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    wtf. I listened to the 1st hour, half the 2nd hour right before the guest was coming on.

I fucking loved the first hour, liked the second hour too. Not sure why the hate on this episode. Artie seemed to be engaged and kept my attention during the Chicago story....which i enjoyed.

Whatever.

EDIT: No, I can't stop writing on this one.

-The live look-ins that MattZane gave us were awesome... I can only guess why MattZane dosn't post here recently...
    -The Chicago story was interesting to me. Artie was very complimentary to Dan, and Dan didn't say much during his story.
    -Mikes intro's were hurried along b/c of time issues, didn't dwell on that very long ( I was dissappointed, lots here probably loved it)
    -The Miss USA clips... They riffed on em great. (compared to O&A who seemed to tease me throughout my 3hr listen... never got to it! I had to find that clip on my own.)
    -Artie seems to think playing 2 clips on top of each other is funny... I'm not getting the humor on that.
    -More Mike.. shaming.. about his mom and such.. I like the gentle/not so gentle hints to take some responsibility for his life.
    -JR not getting the joke about Artie crushing a girls ribs was dumb,yes... but Arties responce to it was great.
    -Artie seemed to encourage "yelling out things' at his live shows. If anyone has seen a live artie show (ive seen 3)... yelling out shit SUCKS. Way to yell over Arties punch line asshole. He said people were yelling out things from the show... thats really not cool. i dont get it.

nevermind, my whatever stands.