Monday, May 20th listening thread

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Artiessobriety, May 21, 2013.

1. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    pretty good show last night, sherrod small was pretty cool and the band they had in was awesome. those last 10 minutes were weird as fuck though, I had doubts about Artie being on pills after that infamous youtube video but after tonight there in no doubt in my mind he's on something.

right before the second last break where Artie was silent for like a whole minute it was pretty funny just listening to the awkward silence and Ritchie trying to segue into break.

2. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    yeah....its almost like he was having a mini stroke......then he just rambled on incoherently.....you could tell the staff was thrown off with their nervous laughter.

....fucking artie.:facepalm:

3. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Did we take a break yet?" :facepalm:

Weird, he was fine one minute, fucked up the next.

4. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    It's hard to tell what was going on just with the podcast. One of the weirdest shows in awhile, I'd be curious to know what DirecTV people thought.

5. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah it was strange how sudden it was. I didn't notice anything earlier in either the radio show or youtube clips. Management couldn't have been happy about him playing the knife game with Mike in the state he was in.

6. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    yea listening back to it now, it WAS all of a sudden. he went from being completely normal to wasted in a matter of seconds. what could he have possibly taken to work so quickly? unless he just became fully brain dead from Bocchetti's ridiculous rambling. anyone else love the way he says "because"

"you know I love Dan becuss he's a great guy becuss yeah" [​IMG]

7. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    I'm listening to that now... and you're right he sounded absolutely high...however, when Ritchie was trying to go to break, right before commercial he sounds 100% back to normal saying "Did we go to break yet?"

I'm not one for theory's...but, I wonder if he was putting the show in Ritchie's hands for that few minutes to see what he could do with it.

And he sounds fine after the commercial...

8. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    I'm not up to this show yet but seriously that sounds like a mini-stroke?

9. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    artie back on the pom-pom bit :jj:

10. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    big bad voodoo daddy :dancin:

11. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It seems like it happens this way alot the times hes been high, he'll be fine the first half and then later on in the second he gets all raspy and noddy and mumbling and shit. The only thing I can think of is hes doing heroin or another short acting opiate in the bathroom during break which would explain the instant change in his demeanor. He says he didnt/doesnt shoot but I dk about that, I mean I doubt he's smoking heroin in the bathroom and snorting it would most likely not cause him to be wasted instantly like that unless he took way more than he intended too. I fell asleep before all this happened, im interested to see how he looked.

12. Kobrakai NYC 3

Kobrakai NYC 3 Active Member

Reputations:
    i just started the show and he sounds zooted. I came here to see if it got worse, I guess it does. :umm:

13. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    need to see the video of what was going on when mike was reading this prayer

asbestos wings?

14. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:
    I watch on Dtv and I think they cut out the parts yall are talking about. I've never seen a show end with twenty minutes left before. It went from Mike reading the stupid prayer bit to Artie ending the show shooting Mike with darts and thanking the guests. It must have been really bad with what has made it to air previously. :(

15. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:

I was browsing on the computer and wasn't really paying attention but I think he was eating leftovers from Friday.

16. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just finished watching. You're right, it must have been bad to be cut out like that. Hell, they didn't even cut the joke Liz got all upset about a couple weeks back.

17. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Damn they cut it out? that sucks. artie really went nuts at the end with the knife thing and other stuff. sounded crazy

18. Brew

Brew Member

Reputations:
    He was eating the left-over mac and cheese the whole time. I think that's one reason he wanted Mike to read it so many times.

Definitely the first time I've seen them cut 15-20 minutes out of the DirecTV show. As far as I know, it's the first time they've cut anything out of the TV show. It's always been 3 hrs. This is the first time I feel the need to listen to the radio broadcast.

19. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm surprised they didn't cut it out of the podcast since they cut it from TV. To the Directv watchers: did it seem to happen as suddenly as it did on the radio? I know they cut out the good stuff, but was he okay before that?

Mike is nuts for letting Artie play the knife game while he was in that state.

20. Brew

Brew Member

Reputations:
    I just listened to the radio version. Man, he sounded pretty fucked up.

On DirecTV, right after Mike finished reading the poem in the English accent, the camera went from Mike to a wide shot and you heard what sounded like a older recording of Artie saying that they'll be back for the last few minutes of the show. It was very abrupt. It was before Mike started talking about Dan.

He looked fine when he was eating and making Mike read the poem.