Mondee June 3rd 2013 - Kevin Smith / NHL Analyst Chris Therien / Sue Costello

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by cwok, Jun 3, 2013.

1. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Just caught up with the last few episodes I thought Wednesday was a good show, Brian Jones (and sports talk in general) is growing on me, kept me interested.

Mike saying "reprimanded" instead of "reparations" was a good bit.

/ Fridays show was exceedingly excellent, tons of Fan call ins, ARM, Amazing as always. Its not just that arm says 'dawgs'... and holy shit those shout outs were awesome, when i heard "telegram sam" i had to rewind that so many times! -- anyways, ARM is so quick with what hes saying, Artie seems to love 'sparing' with him, ARtie knows he can't actually 'engage' Arm b/c the subjects are likely hot/controversial but Artie loves his calls, I'd like to think that Artie finds those calls "prankish" and he loves it he just knows he cant dwell on any of the subjects and lets Arm glide thru his topics nicely. loved that artie said 'great reference'

/ back to Today/ KEVIN SMITH!!! Woo. I'm a huge fan of his films/podcasts/tons more shit. I'd be awesome if Artie asks Kevin why Kevin will never do Stern again (well. why KEvin probably dosn't care anymore, its obvious stern dosnt WANT him on the show) - but its just another feud in the stern universe that would be neat to bring up. Kevin should be IN STUDIO as he was on O&A this morning.

Loved Arties joke about "ive had a few relationships recently, and ive blown every one of them.... I think I misspoke".. (completely misquoted)

/edit/I haven't bought chocolate covered pretzels in like 10 years.. .today i feel like some mfin chocolate covered pretzels... now i find out kevin smith is on Artie..Mallrats coincidence!?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Sue Costello? Oh no. Isn't that the one who spent 20 years and an hour of Artie's airtime to drum up $5,000 for her 1 woman show, and very barely met her lousy Kickstarter? Oh No.

3. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Awww Christ. Not again.

4. Kobrakai NYC 3

Kobrakai NYC 3 Active Member

Reputations:
    Kevin Smith is a good get. I'm pumped. I heard him on O&A this morning and even went back to Smodcast this weekend. They will get along great. :rah:

5. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Ritchie and the twins will be crying over last night's Game of Thrones. Boy oh boy...

6. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree BUT they've met...a FEW times I think. One I'm positive about is when they both attended Wigward's anal retentive New Years party in like 2001 or 2002 where Wigward kicked everyone out at like 12:30am.

Artie and Kevin I think hung out the entire party and may have smoked pot outside on the terrace. I'm SURE that will come up in addition to all the Red Bank NJ circle-jerking.

7. cwok

Reputations:
    PreShow Silence - Tuned IN!

24oz BL Lime-A-Rita... interesting, 8.0% justifies consumption

"Artie and Kevin I think hung out the entire party"
    Yes, I remember Artie talking about hanging with Kevin during A party, likely that one your talking about... Stern never took the bait and acknowledged Smith :/ I never knew about the feud until years later

"I'm SURE that will come up in addition to all the Red Bank NJ circle-jerking."
    Holy shit your right, both are total Jersey fans.(born there and all) We're lucky Artie isnt a huge fan of Canada

8. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks brother, you got a pretty good take on what that call was overall. It's not as much real estate as I sometimes get but he was plowing through relationship advice calls like I haven't seen him do in a long time, maybe since Nick Dipaolo.

It wasn't my ideal topic or it caught me off guard but I couldn't help joining in when I read this board on dawgs before I even considered calling in.

9. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gay bachelor party? "I'mmmm the duuude!"

10. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's true Cwok, and in addition they BOTH had very blue collar Jersey fathers they were close with that died too early as well as fat-guy empathy.

Kevin is actually a big hockey fan, I BET he sticks (har har har npi) around and interviews the NHL dude Artie's supposed to interview??

11. cwok

Reputations:
    Arties dad installed antennas on roofs? Kevins dad worked at the post office (Went to work at like 10pm or so? just recently told a story about how he would go to bed and say goodnight and his dad goes to work) I never realized how similar Kev and Artie are when it comes down to the weight issue, these guys could talk for hours

holy shit your right! KEVIN MUST SIT-IN

12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I totally agree, they would potentially be an UNSTOPPABLE radio/TV team if they were both available at the same time in a perfect world.

13. cwok

Reputations:
    wow ARM DEAD ON with the NYE party reference at sterns!

14. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Haha "Money thanks to me" Is that bitch back on the show to get money for her electric bill?

15. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I predict Kevin immediately makes a "Too Fat To Fish" comment and or joke.

16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thank you sir, and like I said below, expect a "Too Fat to Fish" praising of some kind because no doubt Kevin loves that title. I think he even "borrowed" it on a tour he did in some variation.

17. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Twenty-eight stations? Was he joking?

18. cwok

Reputations:
    "Too Fat to Fly", haha, I own arts book and the audiobook (must own both for the photos in the book / audio for the crazy cast) and i NEVER really got the link.

Why is smith promoting Comic book men?! It was renewed yes... he should be promoting j&sb super groovy cartoon movie tour.. oh well. TALK!!!

19. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    YESSS...thank you...that SOUTHWEST AIRLINES fiasco he used "To Fat To FLy"...good catch!!

And your also right about what he's promoting is ill-timed or this is just an excuse to do this show.

Does Kevin sound tired and/or sick to you?

20. cwok

Reputations:
    nice.. subtle lovitz bashing

"Does Kevin sound tired and/or sick to you?"

No.. but if he is NOT HIGH.(weed) it is surprising, and sad for him.

On hollywood babble on, ralph garmins new question is "what strain tonight?"