money maker mike!

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by jaw_belize, Oct 2, 2012.

1. jaw_belize

jaw_belize Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  2. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    Money Maker Mike
    Krispy Kreme is joined by Money Maker Mike in the viral videos.[51] Money Maker Mike has been met with criticism[52] for doing very little in the viral videos, having never actually rapped alongside Krispy Kreme. However, he has also received many positive comments on Krispy Kreme's videos. Famous rapper, Mac Miller, gave a shout out to Money Maker Mike, saying ""That type of shit is cool to me because I'm like, 'Man I'm really makin' it when random big videos on YouTube, they're wearing my clothes, that's hella promotion for my clothes." The statement by Mac Miller was in response to Money Maker Mike wearing a Mac Miller t-shirt in the viral videos released by the duo.[53] Money Maker Mike has been documented wearing this shirt in all of the viral videos to date,[54] including Stolen Bikes where he is wearing it underneath his suit.

3. BearShit

BearShit BearShit + Tom Hardy = BFF

Reputations:
    i don't get it

4. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Shit Mult Hunter

Reputations:
    Stop starting so many threads, 3rd world redneck!

5. jaw_belize

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;na-e9br49-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-e9br49-o&feature=BFa&list=UL7sgDeB7MNQg[/video]

6. ChuckZ

ChuckZ You're so pusillanimous, oh yea.

Reputations:
    I have to agree with schmoopy for once :uscratch:

7. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    :lol:

3rdall

8. jaw_belize

Reputations:
  9. jaw_belize

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;gVj25-8m7nI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVj25-8m7nI&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

10. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    i love the song and video where Money Maker Mike gets kidnapped

11. Capn Crud

Capn Crud The Pride of Cucamonga VIP Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;UaJcmDIfcyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaJcmDIfcyM&feature=related[/video]

:nooo:

12. Schmoopy

Reputations:
    3rd off:rolleyes:

13. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    is this the web redemption guy?? I have the episode on my dvr

14. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    ya.

15. jaw_belize

Reputations:
    bra shiv

that shit is fucking funny as fuck

i've watched all his videos

16. Schmoopy

Reputations:
    Is that R. Lee Ermey's retarded son?

17. jaw_belize

Reputations:
  18. jaw_belize

Reputations:
    Famously bad YouTube rapper Krispy Kreme has a new video out, “Stolen Bikes” . It’s slick, but still adorably homemade, and it builds on the narrative of James (who kidnapped Money Mike in “Best Friends”). And it’s probably the moment the media discovers what hip-hop fans have known for weeks now: Krispy Kreme is a hoax.

How believable was it that Krispy Kreme was really a semi-illiterate hick? How could lyrics like “Even if you had infinity knives, I would punch you up into the air like a kite” not be intentionally goofy, the work of a comedian doing a rap joke?

I always assumed so, but intelligent internet-appreciators like writer Greg Rutter took Krispy Kreme as legit, and Know Your Meme , Wikipedia and Best Week Ever never suggested a hoax. (Though the Huffington Post’s Andres Juaregui suspected something .)

So I started to believe there really was a mouth-breathing rural rapper who was just accidentally entertaining. Stupidity was a magical power superior to talent, and some day the only working comedians would be unintentional ones.

Meanwhile a collection of, uh, rap detectives discovered Krispy’s real name, Tyler Cassidy. They found a newsletter from The Flint Journal listing Tyler (under a picture of a guy who’s clearly Krispy Kreme) as the valedictorian of his high school class, with a 3.95 grade average. So he’s not from Alabama, and he’s not dumb enough to think “You smell like a fart” is the best possible insult in a rap song.

I don’t know who first discovered Tyler, but the news spread around the bowels of the internet, like obscure spam blogs , the Odd Future message board , hot-babe-pics blog The Dirty , a Tyler Cassidy Facebook group , and an actually quite popular YouTube video . Someone even tracked down his Michigan home address and (disconnected) phone number.

Tyler may also have made non-joke rap songs under his own name. A commenter on Krispy’s “Fight for your dreams” video caught him saying “you fight and you crawl”. A rap song allegedly by Tyler includes the lyrics “I scrape, I crawl, I bleed for this / I fight, I brawl, I feed on this”:

There are two more Tyler Cassidy tracks on the same YouTube account. They’re all far more eloquent than Krispy Kreme. And I can’t tell if that voice could come from the same person. If it did, this kid’s a fucking master.

Here’s Krispy’s newest video, “Stolen Bikes”:

The top comment on the new song:

This guy is such a genius. I mean, think about it. At first, everyone thinks it’s this redneck kid who makes bad raps. But as most people know now, Krispy Kreme (Tyler Cassidy) is actually a ridiculously talented rapper (His old songs can support that) that has been playing us from the beginning. Notice how the quality of his videos improve significantly each time? He’s been planning to build up to his real talent. He took the smart route, the comedic route. I seriously give this guy props.

Damn right! If Krispy is actually a rap genius who’s been playing an act and raking in millions of views for it, then he can keep building the Krispy story, maybe Hannah-Montana this thing and do dual concerts, forever hoping his actual talent can one day outgrow the shadow of his fake lack of talent. A hard life for him! More entertainment for us!

19. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    da fuck? :dontknow:

20. jaw_belize

Reputations: