News More college PC nuttiness

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jesus Christ.....:facepalm:

College students are told they can't say 'you guys' because it might be sexist and they can't ask Asian strangers for help with math

Freshmen at a college orientation event have been told not to address other students with the phrase 'you guys' because it could be interpreted as excluding women.
    Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, has hired a chief diversity officer, Sheree Marlowe, who has directed students on how to avoid subtle insults known as 'microaggressions'.
    The trained lawyer who is 'committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in higher education' recently told freshmen at Clark they should avoid asking a black student if he plays basketball.
    [​IMG]
    +3
    Freshmen at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, have been given advice on how to avoid 'microaggressions'
    They should also not badger an Asian student they don't know for help with their math homework, The New York Times reports.
    The term 'microaggression', coined by Columbia professor Derald Sue, refers to the 'brief and commonplace daily verbal, behavioral, or environmental indignities' that 'communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative racial slights and insults toward people of color'.

One example of a 'microaggression', that Marlow presented to an audience of around 525 first-year students at Clark, was to imagine what it feels like to see their race or gender not represented on a 'wall of fame'.
    'On your first day of class, you enter the chemistry building and all of the pictures on the wall are scientists who are white and male. If you're a female, or you just don't identify as a white male, that space automatically shows that you're not represented,' she said.
    [​IMG]
    +3
    First-year students are being given talks on how to avoid causing offense on campus (file photo)
    However, not everyone thinks training students in watching out for 'microaggression' is a good idea.
    Conservative commentator John Podhoretz said on Twitter: 'Sheree Marlowe, the voice of the new totalitarianism.'
    Clark University one of many colleges trying to clamp down on racial tensions and sexism on campus.
    The University of Wisconsin-Madison has put together a programme to tackle such incidents after a racist letter was slipped under a black student's door last year.
    Earlier this month it emerged students at Rutgers University have been advised to use language that is 'kind' and 'necessary' and avoid offensive terms such as 'retarded' and 'that's so ghetto' so that they don't commit 'microaggressions'.
    A bulletin board, titled 'Language Matters: Think', has been put on display in at least one hall of residence on the campus, in New Brunswick, New Jersey, telling them to question whether their choice of words is 'true' and 'helpful'.
    [​IMG]
    +3
    A bulletin board, titled 'Language Matters: Think', has been put on display in at least one hall of residence on Rutgers campus, in New Brunswick, New Jersey, telling students to question whether their choice of words is 'true', 'kind', 'helpful' and 'necessary'
    Last year Professors at the University of California were urged not to use a number of 'offensive' phrases, such as describing America as a 'melting pot' or the 'land of opportunity'.
    The phrases were included on a list of 'microaggressions' faculty members have been advised not to use, fearing they could be deemed sexist or racist.
    'There is only one race, the human race' and 'I believe the most qualified person should get the job,' are also soundbites academics are not allowed to say, in the eyes of administrators.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-sexist-t-ask-Asian-strangers-help-math.html

2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    Fucking Millennials!!!

[​IMG]

3. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
  4. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
  6. JackofallTirades

JackofallTirades Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I live in a bordering town of Worcester. The last thing on these kids minds should be microagressions. Clark is located in the center of the second worst place in the city. Hookers on piedmont street on one side, hookers and drugs in the park across the street. Hookers and drugs on the backside at park ave. There's a McDonald's on main south that is frequented by hookers and drugs. I'm amazed that the school is still there. It is 100% enclosed by rotten pussy and bad heroin. Worry about offending one of the Asian students though. They might not defend you with their backspin heel kicks when your mugged by a drugged up hooker.

BrerJimmy likes this.
  7. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    We can still ask the attractive asians for help with the pressure building in our scrotums though?

[​IMG]

8. bennymuso

bennymuso Italian by name, British by nature

Reputations:
    Black people can't swim.

9. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Why are so many Colleges in the middle of bad neighborhoods - I've noticed this. Thankfully mine was in a very isolated small town.

10. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    :jj:

11. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    can I still ask random black people if they can sell me some crack?

kingship and Stag like this.
  12. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

13. JackofallTirades

Reputations:
    I think when Clark first started it was in a nice neighborhood. Then main south turned into a lower class hell hole. 1 hot dog vendor use to sell Crack right on main st just outside clark. Here would be my introductory speech. "Welcome to Clark University. Travel in groups until your transfer goes through. Stay away from McDonald's and don't walk down main st. To the liquor store. You won't make it back with the goods."

14. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Funny, at my Freshman Orientation in 1998 they told us about what to expect now that we were in college and how to properly divide our time so we could concentrate on our classes to get A's.

18 years later, they're telling incoming Freshman that not offending someone, even on a "micro" level, is more important than getting A's in their classes...

15. Cash Is King

Cash Is King Active Member

Reputations:
    I love how they tell these kids not to stereotype...and than list the black hoops player and Asian math whiz. Lol.

Here is some more advice...keep an eye on those Muslims too.

kingship likes this.
  16. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I guess having minorities on your basketball team will be addressed next.

You think if you are paying $60,000 per year they would spend your money on better professors or food.

17. nun puncher

nun puncher Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Are these hookers anywhere near the ups hub in Worcester..I'm asking for a friend

JackofallTirades likes this.
  18. JackofallTirades

Reputations:
    What's the location of the ups hub? I know about the big Shrewsbury one but the only ups thing in the woo that I'm aware of is the employment center near mechanics hall

19. JackofallTirades

Reputations:
    Why yes it is. Head south on 12 (park ave). Left on may st. Right on main. You're in hookerville, MA from may st to the McDonald's on main. Look to the right and left.

20. bobblebooey

bobblebooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations: