More helicopters

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...port-more-helicopters-touching-down-1.8981067
    More helicopters touching down at E. Hampton Airport

Traffic is up 20 percent this year at East Hampton Airport, the transportation hub primarily serving helicopters and private jets carrying wealthy summer residents to the Hamptons.......................

[​IMG]

http://shelterislandreporter.timesr...rty-david-vs-goliath-battle-on-chopper-noise/
    ‘David vs. Goliath’ battle on chopper noise

There are different opinions about summer helicopter traffic over the Island and other East End communities, but almost everyone is in agreement on one point — they’re all hopping mad.

Everyone, that is, except those who charter the helicopters to take them from New York City and Westchester County to the East Hampton Airport at the beginning of summer weekends and buzz them home on Sunday evenings, nights and Monday mornings.

Aircraft noise has been a problem for the last several years, but this summer has been different. “It’s off the charts,” said Kathleen Cunningham, chairwoman of the Quiet Skies Coalition, an East Hampton advocacy organization. “Everyone’s hair is on fire.”

Peter Boody, noise abatement officer at the East Hampton Airport, has said the number of complaints fielded by his office this summer is “through the roof.”

Those numbers are sobering, with 810 complaints logged from Shelter Island residents this month compared to 54 in July 2013, and more than 4,000 complaints last month from all East End communities................

2. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Good!

3. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If he couldn't fly, Howard would have to limo to and from the Hampton's like the other rich folk. That would be haaarible.

4. rhoads80

rhoads80 EVangeLIst

Reputations:
    Someone needs to pull a helicopter/private jet crash prank on Wiggy. Id be literally crying watching a hidden cam inside the chopper of Wiggy and Beef spinning around upside down. I would pay big bucks for 10 seconds of extreme wig panic.

Bye You!, Dorb and nicksgt like this.
  5. icypussy

icypussy clit finder Gold

Reputations:
  6. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    How long would the drive be from Manhattan to the Hamptons?

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
  8. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    1% er cat fight

9. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    Them bastards would complain about puffy clouds if there was nothing else to complain about. Count your money and shut the fuck up already!

Bye You! and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  10. Thedomina

Thedomina Unfriendly

Reputations:

Like all commutes, the travel time varies widely depending on traffic. Could be anywhere from 2-6 hours.

I have never heard Howard or anyone on the show ever mention a helicopter in regards to his transportation to the Hamptons. I have heard Beth complain about the traffic before. I doubt he takes a helicopter, only because he seems like he would be to scared to ride in one. Plus, he is never the one driving and he has the luxury of traveling non peak times because of his schedule. The Friday and Sunday traffic being the worst, naturally.

Btw, I love that when Beth travels solo he makes her fly commercial. There is always some long delay or hassle with security which she probably overplays trying to get him to spring for a private jet. I love that she has to fly with the masses when howie hasn't flown commercial in well over a decade. :jj:

Hamster and Rockside7 like this.
  11. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fart

12. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Wonder if they will be attending any "Green" events out there after traveling in about the most inefficient manner possible.

CrucifiedAGT and Petal like this.
  13. rhoads80

rhoads80 EVangeLIst

Reputations:
    I remember something about the helicopter from the show. Im not sure who or in what context it was said but I could've swore it was mentioned.

14. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    does he bring toni with him on every helicopter ride? the wig must atrocious once he gets into the helicopter

15. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    like this?
    the environment took an unnecessary beating on this day and night.
    [​IMG]

Global Warming
    :bigcry:

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  16. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    The Wig's favorite helicopter

[​IMG]

I invented that and Limo Wreck like this.
  17. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

I remember Artie talking about taking a helicopter either to there or, back from there

Gary and Ralph went with along with him and Ralph, of course, was a pain in the ass about it all.

Also, Artie mentioned that the heli-pad was right next to Howards house and Howard shushed him.

I guess he didn't want people knowing that.

Bye You! likes this.
  18. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Isn't there still a Greenhouse Effect Global Warming Climate Change problem that's so dire, everyone needs to remove their air conditioners, park their cars, dry your clothes on a clothes line, and destroy all your light bulbs? Because all those multiple yearly super hurricanes were coming like Al Gore said 10 years ago?

So why exactly are these assholes flying helicopters back and forth to their 20,000sqft. beach houses, I thought unless we acted 10 years ago, parts of the country would be under water by 2012? :facepalm:

[​IMG]

CrucifiedAGT and isabella like this.
  19. Mack29

Mack29 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is that the last pic of Vic Morrow?

20. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:

So true. If i truly believed the future of humanity could be saved if i only shit on thursdays, i would do everything i could to only shit on thursday. I mean seriously, to save humanity?!?! And these fucks couldn't even give up SUVs. Always made me think they probably don't REALLY believe it. I mean i would think if you new the secret to saving the world, you would follow the path to do so.

CrucifiedAGT likes this.