Most Avid Moviegoers: Males 14-24, Nope, China Market No! Guess?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by unclefreddy, Jul 29, 2014.

1. unclefreddy

unclefreddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hispanic women are most frequent US cinemagoers, study finds
    A study by Hollywood trade paper the Wrap has found that Hispanic women over 25 are the demographic who most often go to the cinema – especially for superhero movies

Despite featuring a raft of films that look geared towards all-American fratboys, a new study has found that the most frequent cinema-going demographic in America is actually Hispanic women over the age of 25.
    A market research team commissioned by Hollywood trade paper the Wrap polled 1,500 frequent moviegoers on what films they'd recently seen, and even in boisterous, seemingly masculine titles like Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Amazing Spider-Man 2, it was Hispanic women who made up the biggest audience percentage.
    With a couple of exceptions, like The Fault in Our Stars' biggest demographic being non-Hispanic women, and Bad Neighbors proving most popular amongst non-Hispanic men, Hispanic audiences constantly reported visiting the cinema more often than their counterparts. The fact that many Hispanics are also Christians means that recent faith-based films like Noah have performed well.
    This all could be food for thought for Hollywood execs, who rarely tailor their movies to this audience in the way they currently court Asian markets – for example with the latest Transformers movie, which features Chinese cars, extras and locations.
    One brand consultant interviewed by the Wrap about the findings suggests that Hispanic audiences are attracted to superhero films because, being American citizens with Hispanic roots, they empathise with the central characters' dual identities. "That bi-cultural identity is the basis for the cultural resonance of superheroes," TruthCo's Kate Perkins said, suggesting that they share a "foregrounding and backgrounding of two identities that are equally important."
    The study follows another by the Motion Picture Association of America that found that 25 percent of US cinema tickets sold in 2013 have been to Hispanics, despite them making up just 17 percent of the population.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jul/16/hispanic-women-frequent-us-cinema

http://www.projectcasting.com/news/study-hispanic-women-are-todays-most-devoted-moviegoers/

*Howard Stern related because Hispanic Woman love Private Parts and there are a lot of threads lately on superhero comic con movies.

2. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Well yeah. Why do you think there were babies at the midnight screening of Dark Knight Rises.

Lou Loomis, Nemo and SouthernListen like this.
  3. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    That's the funniest pile of horse shit ever!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Nemo likes this.
  4. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fucking A. When The Wolfman came out a fucking beaner brought her 2 year old and within the first 10 minutes of the movie the kid was scared shitless and crying his eyes out. Thankfully she left right away but how fucking stupid are you to bring a little kid to an R rated horror movie?

5. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Selena 2 - Salsa of the Living Dead (now in pre-production)

ZosoHitler likes this.
  6. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How convenient that this article comes out right when the US is in the midst of an illegal alien invasion.

whatsit and reno like this.
  7. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sounds like some figures can lie and liars can figure exaggerated bullshit to me, but vagines in general have been driving the shitty movies and TV market more and more for years now because males of the same age are busy playing video games instead.

And no...females are not just as big of gamers as males (as other bullshit studies try to claim).

Killing time playing Candy Crush or Flappy Bird on Facebook in between LOL'ing and taking selfies with your dopey girlfriends doesn't make you a "gamer" as any non-idiot defines it.

8. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The title of this thread was quite the tenses. While clicking on it I was all: "What could the answer be?!? I GOTS TA KNOW!"

9. unclefreddy

unclefreddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree, that is why a lot of tv shows are gay-centric (nothing wrong with the gays- Howard ;) and movies have turned vagine-centric (hunger games, divergent, twilight, 50 shades of grey). Gays watch a lot of sitcoms, bachelor shows, talent shows, dancing shows, etc and girls like to watch teen/tween movies leaving boys and guys killing brown people in video games.

This is a great Onion movie review from the perspective of a 12 year old girl

10. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Superman and Wonder Woman were illegal aliens.

11. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    I've related it here before but when I was at one of the Hannibal Lector sequels, the one where Ray Liotta's head is opened up and his brain exposed, a Latino couple had their toddler there with them. Then again, the kid probably sees chickens getting their heads torn off all the time.

12. Chimney Portions

Reputations:

Right, but The X-Men, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers...no secret identities.

I think a more likely reason that so many Hispanics watch these movies is because you really don't need to understand the dialogue to understand what's going on. I bet they're watching Transformers and Fast and Furious movies at the same rate. If English isn't your first language, you're probably not going to see a David Mamet film.

And horror movies are escary!

13. Chimney Portions

Reputations:

I saw two married black couple bring their toddlers to see Kill Bill.

Nah, I'm kidding. I've never seen two married black couples with toddlers anywhere!

14. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    This may also explain Jerry Lewis and the French.

15. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    I always thought the French just had a terrible sense of humor.

16. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Hey, I never knew you were spic.

17. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    It's news to me too.

18. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:

Dynamite comeback, sir. You turn "I know you are, but what am I?" on its proverbial axis.

19. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Comeback? Was I supposed to get angry or something? If you want to believe that Hispanic women identify with rich white billionaires who fight super villains, go for it.