Most difficult funeral arrangement ever

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by cygnus2112, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    Hey guys needed to vent a little.
    This is stern related because his show is dead and robin is black.
    Anyway, I just got out of a 2 hour sit down with a family to make their funeral arrangements for an aunt who passed away. This is the first black family I have ever dealt with in this profession as we don't have many in our neighborhood. I cannot believe how these people acted, spoke, the lack of respect and discipline their 2 little boy had, and their endless nickel and diming everything that I suggested in order to keep their costs of the arrangements down. We had another family in the home seeing their father for the first time and the family I was meeting with has these 2 little boys, running around, yelling, throwing the candy we leave out at each other and no one was reprimanding them or seemed to even care that there was another grieving family present. I was furious but kept my composure, was respectful and asked if they could somehow calm the children down. It was as if I asked them to kill the kids, I somehow insulted them. The woman who I assumed was the mother got up and yells..YELLS to the kids that they are annoying me and that the man doesn't care that we have no toys for you to play with but y'all gotta be quiet and sit like statues.
    After the 2 hours of sitting there and legitimately trying to save their money and give them the best service possible, they ask me if I had numbers to other funeral homes in the brentwood /central Islip location. I gave them a few phone numbers and with relief said my goodbyes to them and thanked god they didn't use us.
    I have never seen such lack of empathy, respect, tact, or control in my life. Thanks for listening. And now it seems funny after reading it back to myself lol

XaltedSmoke, wigtropolis and cia212 like this.
  2. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    That's crazy!! I don't know how people can work with the public and not completely lose it!:suicide:

3. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I've dealt with funeral homes more times than I care to think about and I don't know how you guys do it. Seriously.
    And to hear this? Somehow I'm not shocked at all. With drivebys and all? It's part of daily life, right?

4. Deodato

Deodato New Member

Reputations:
    This is why I refuse to die.

5. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love that guys posts.

6. Spazzmatazz

Reputations:
    But I have to know, now that we have a funeral guy here.

If Howard was laying there dead, would you laugh at his cock? :bigthink

XaltedSmoke likes this.
  7. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You don't get out much, That was normal behavior for Blacks. My job requires me to cater to people trying to get something for free , off someone else s dime. Thus , I see a lot of Blacks in their environment. It blows me away , the behavior and volume. and living conditions.

kingship, XaltedSmoke and sino8r like this.
  8. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    :giggle:

9. latin mami

latin mami aye aye aye VIP

Reputations:
    the hospital I work at is located in a community where families like the one you describe are abundant.
    :lo5: kudos to you for not kicking them out

10. Spazzmatazz

Reputations:
    Where's Bye You's Louisiana patient list when we need it?

It will never get funnier than D'Nyquil. I'm sorry.
    It just won't... :jj:

XaltedSmoke and TheWonk like this.
  11. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    The lack of parental control is all over the place, but you really were very patient.

XaltedSmoke and cia212 like this.
  12. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    Did you offer to sell them a big brown paper bag to bury the deceased in? you could have told them it would be free.

then explain to them how the local municipality provides limo and gravesite service every morning by a big white industrial hearse from the Sanitation Family Funeral Home.

13. cygnus2112

Reputations:
    I've dealt with black people before, I went to HS in Far Rockaway where I was one of maybe 5 white kids in the entire school. I just never dealt with them in a professional setting, even when I worked as a pre med student in stonybrook hospital.
    If Howard was in my funeral home on my prep table, I wouldn't have a choice but to see his penis, and I would probably not laugh. I have seen so many vaginas and penises in this profession that I don't even really notice them anymore. I just do my job. I live in a nice area on the south shore, we don't have many black families at all. The ones that we do have usually use corporation owned/black operated funeral homes. Those funeral homes can churn out really inexpensive funerals without any dignity and personal care. I'm lucky to work in a privately owned funeral home. Always look for a "Dignity Enterprises" logo under the funeral home's name. That will tell you a lot about the service you will get. That is a corporate entity that controls many things in the funeral business including chemicals, casket companies, medical supplies, etc. You get what you pay for. And they are terrible.

14. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I feel for you, man. The thing you are dealing with is your business is the empathy industry. That is to say while it is a business, you have to be highly sensitive to people because they are grieving. Myself? I think you have to tell people that you aren't the right firm for them. I've said this before and people get really fucking pissed but you have to recognize it: They are trouble.

Buddy of mine is an entertainment attorney and in Atlanta that means rapper/hip-hop types. His office is in a very nice building where you pay more for the name than anything else so it's classy stuff.

So, these fucking rappers, God knows how the partners at his firm tolerate the shit, come in for a conference or whatever and bring about 5 adults and 3 kids with them every fucking time. They'll leave the kids in the lobby where they run ass-wild, break shit, piss the floor, etc. One of the baby mommas actually started changing a diaper on the conference table in the middle of a meeting.

And they are the most difficult clients from whom to collect. I don't know why he does it. He's had to float shit because so many of his clients don't pay.

GloriaGrace and XaltedSmoke like this.
  15. Spazzmatazz

Reputations:
    Having done it for so long, are there deaths you still have difficulty with? From personal experience, nothing is worse than buying tiny caskets.
    But being in the business, are some harder than others?

16. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    Was "Six Feet Under" an accurate show? :) Aside from the deceased talking to the undertakers of course (or is that accurate too?!? :ohnoes:)

17. cygnus2112

Reputations:
    Children. The little ones are the most difficult. You never recover or forget the first child funeral you must do. My first was April 1st 2011. A 2 month old little girl who died from SIDS. It was a difficult time to get past it and keep my composure to help the family as much as I could. The second one I had was a 15 year old girl who died from an accidental heroin overdose. That was difficult too and we had the entire funeral home open just for her viewing. There were hundred upon hundreds of people there, all day, for 3 days. That was in February.
    Most of our clients, I would say 95-99% are the elderly.
    But yes, young children are the most difficult cases. I've heard of people quitting because of it. I can understand that. Its not for everyone, but it needs to be a service available until we cure death. Lol

18. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    Can we not have a depressed Spazz please.

19. Deodato

Deodato New Member

Reputations:
    I know I couldn't handle it.

20. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:

there's your problem right there.:afro:

TheWonk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.