Entertainment Mr. Robot - Season 2

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by bluedevil30, Jul 14, 2016.

1. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Season 2 kicked off last night with a long premier. Slow start with a big finish. Tough to exceed Season 1 quality.

jrstinkfish and John Mahlin like this.
  2. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    going to start season 1 tonight. missed the boat but glad I have something to watch as there is fuck all on right now. I remember being bent when Slater beat out Ben Mendelsohn from Bloodline for the emmy? I was like fuck that shit of course I had never seen Slater so I guess we will find out. I will be hard pressed to see anyone out acting Ben in season 1 of bloodline

3. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    What's the big deal with this show? :dontknow:

I saw all the gushing over it recently and decided to see what was so great about it. I'm binge watching the first season and have three episodes left. I keep waiting for an ah-ha moment but it doesn't seem to be coming. There's a whole lot of bullshit going on. Total fairytale. I can't turn off common sense when watching it.

4. Droog

Reputations:
    You'll really be bummed out while watching season 1. Slater is barely part of the show. I keep waiting for him to become a bigger part of the show. His appearances are almost cameos most of the time. And he doesn't really do much acting when he does talk. It's a very generic role for him. He just has to say his lines.

5. bluedevil30

Reputations:
    Slater won a Golden Globe for his "generic" acting. What show are you watching?

John Mahlin, tomg and jrstinkfish like this.
  6. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    now thats even fucking crazier that he beat out the performance from Ben. Did you see Bloodline? that shit was some acting chops. Regardless I will check it out

7. Droog

Reputations:
    I might ask you and whoever else voted for his Golden Globe what they were watching. I realize it's a supporting actor and not lead role, but he's waaaay down the totem pole as far as screen time. That bimbo girl he works with is on more and so is that idiot girl from Suburgatory. I was really hoping she'd be killed off by now. The psycho from Evil Corp was more deserving than Slater. And since when is a bullshit award where the undeserving seem to win all the time a valid justification for any argument? Ed O'Neal is the only cast member on Modern Family to not win anything. Does that make the others better than him? I don't think so.
    Check it out and tell me you think it was a great acting job. I haven't watched Bloodline. I suppose I should. I can't help but feel that Mr. Robot is a waste of time. I just don't find it that captivating. I'm curious why it has such a following.

8. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    I want to fuck Angela sooooo bad

[​IMG]

9. Droog

Reputations:
    Me too. I'd make her do some very dirty things. :evil:

I absolutely hate her character though.

10. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    my girl was sad to what happened to Shayla

11. Droog

Reputations:
    Yeah. That kind of sucked. But where was that character going in this story? Nowhere.

12. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    she kinda kept elliott grounded, but face it that dude is fuuuuuuucked up

Droog likes this.
  13. Droog

Reputations:
    So fucked up that a fucked up chick like that kept him grounded? The entire cast is a bunch of fucked up weirdos.

My main beef with the show is how these supposedly bright security engineers are so stupid. Angela doesn't seem to know jack shit about systems security. Elliott would be making a really good living working as one of the leads for a top account. All Safe seems to be a tiny, struggling company, yet is the security support for the world's largest corporation. It's own security is laughable. It somehow isn't even a 24 hour operation. That moron boyfriend put that CD into his work PC like a dummy. Angela, worried about identity theft, infects her work's network with no thought to the consequences. Elliott hacks everything within seconds but uses drug dealers to get drugs he could just as easily get by hacking a pharmacy. And since when are CTO's of corporations the equivalent of JR Ewing? I could go on forever. Hopefully, something happens in the last three episodes of season 1 that makes me give a shit about watching season 2. Right now, I'm leaning toward abandoning it.

14. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    well in reality there are project managers who don't now jack shit about IT, thats why they relay things to the Engineers. Elliot is a weird ass mother fucker that he likes to lay low. The show is great man stop looking so deep into it

John Mahlin likes this.
  15. Droog

Reputations:
    If I wasn't in the IT business myself, I probably wouldn't look at it so critically. But I can't get by some of the main premises. You're right about project managers, and she isn't necessarily and engineer herself. At first I liked the premise. I thought it would be more about underground hackers and their struggle to get inside places and stay out of trouble. But once they introduced all these other fucked up people and storylines into the mix, they went too far in my opinion. Tyrell is a real piece of work. The guy is an unbalanced psycho and he makes his way not only up the company ladder, but is apparently some sort of foreign operative. His character seems to have been lifted right off of American Psycho.

16. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    :bigthink

17. Droog

Reputations:
    I don't mean to ruin the show for you or anyone else. I'm an analytical person and I like things to make sense.

18. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  19. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They should have just kept going with the computer hacking storyline

The mental shit is boring

O Face, doucheBag and Droog like this.
  20. bluedevil30

Reputations:
    Hacking isn't the primary storyline its his mental disorder and his relationship with his father.

John Mahlin likes this.