music guests

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Salmo, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Salmo

Salmo Active Member

Reputations:
    Seriously still?

Are these guests paying a shitload of money to the company or something? Who in the hell thinks these guests are a good idea.

Stops the show. Then we have to tolerate the obligatory interview.

Anyone else think an interview with a random person off the street would be far stronger and more interesting?

-S

2. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Yes they suck and interrupt the show. It's not even good music. It's undiscovered Indy crap. They still have boring sports phone ins that go on too long. I was hoping they'd retool the show more than just removing nick. But that seems like all they have done

3. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The guest they had on last night "The weeks" were absolutely atrocious. They all looked like they hadnt bathed in a year and had zero talent. If this show was uncensored and artie was allowed to be himself he would of boo'd them off the stage. Id imagine it takes alot out of him to force that fake clapping and praise for these no talent clowns.

4. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    I like the guy had a shitty guitar sound and after the song turned off half a dozen pedals, hell, it sounded like shit, time to learn to play and eliminate some bullshit attempts at dicking with the sound. Oh, and fast barre chords a solo does not make.

5. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah it was pretty bad, like the OP said I wonder if they have to pay a big chunk of change to get on the show because i cannot understand how someone would think booking these guys for arties show would be a good fit unless money was the motivator. I hope brent is back tonight, when that mannix guy it almost ruins the show for me, as artie would say he always has to crowbar himself into the conversation (so did that lyons guy last night, he was acting like he was the host of the show when that boring "comedian" woman was on and trying to hit on her) with some smug comment, he also seems to have some contempt for artie for some reason.

6. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    The guy just seems like he's had a bit of a spoiled upbringing. I'll feel better about him if Artie rips into him verbally.
    Who is he related to?

The guy from the William Morris agency who probably books the guests probably just pays no mind to it. He probably wants some big group on the Kimmel show and in return for their manager saying yes he probably says OK to one of the manager's shitty bands going on the Artie show.

The Weeks weren't terrible but just a bit boring. They noodle away aimlessly through a whole song with no riffs... Like Tony Iommi never existed.

7. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    That's the whole thing with the kids now. Riffs aren't cool anymore, they all want to play 80's New Wave alternative. I still hang out at a record store occasionally (believe it or not, it still exists) and I told this kid who was digging through a bunch of vintage yamaha keyboards to play covers of some alternative band "You know people weren't trying to be ironic when they used keyboards in the 80s, right?" and he just gave me a puzzled expression.

8. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    Pretty sure Mike August who used to be an agent that books Kimmel and Carolla's shows books the show, so of course it's pay to play

9. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    Guitar music is dead, maybe it'll come back, but the cycles are spinning faster, few years ago there was the 70s stripped down sound, now we're in a bit of an extended new wave bullshit but more of a pop-punk smashed together with new wave so it's super ironic that pop punk comes out of the punk bands that hated new wave but the douche bag kids now think blink 182 is punk not the bad religion and descendents that they copied and made slow, shitty and emotional. Oh well, whatchca going to do

10. shitba

shitba Shot Dead VIP

Reputations:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  11. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I used to have a record store and I wouldn't let a keyboard anywhere near the place. I think a lot of these bands only use 'em to try to get girls to like it.

12. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's the guy I was thinking of. I tried searching for his email address when you mentioned him before, but couldn't track it down.
    I figured there'd be some back-handed favours an' shit going on, but pay-to-play is a shocker.

13. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    keyboard/synths no. Organs yes.

14. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    I don't mean direct payolla, I meant favors like you alluded to, a manager or friend gets someone on carolla or artie and kimmell gets the bigger act. Many of the music acts are likely booked by someone else, someone involved with guitar center, I bet all those 'acts' have done some in store bullshit or something. Hell, maybe I'll buy a new guitar at guitar center and see if that is what it takes. Maybe they have a buy an american les paul get on the artie show coupon.