Muslims Are Now "Freedom Fighters" In Texas Schools.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ohmicah, Feb 27, 2013.

1. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    That's what is being taught in Texas schools. The world as we knew it is being turned completely upside down. The scary part is that Texas has a lot of control into what gets into textbooks across America.

Texas public schools have come under fire again. This time, a teacher allegedly encouraged high school girls to dress up in full-length Islamic burqas and then instructed the entire class thatMuslim terrorists are actually freedom fighters.
    The incident occurred in a world geography class at Lumberton High School in the small town of Lumberton, Texas. The general topic of the class that day was Islam.
    An unnamed student informed WND that the teacher said, “We are going to work to change your perception of Islam.”
    “I do not necessarily agree with this,” the teacher also allegedly said, “but I am supposed to teach you that we are not to call these people terrorists anymore, but freedom fighters.

Read the whole story at:
    http://news.yahoo.com/texas-public-school-students-don-burqas-learn-muslim-063126528.html

2. 922Wine

922Wine Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    SchoolS?

It was *A* class in *A* school.

What a melodramatic tool you are. No surprise considering your source.

BTW, if it's true, the teacher is a moron if he thinks every Muslim woman is walking around in a burqa

3. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    honestly, i have no problem with teachers explaining to their students that some muslims view these so-called terrorists as "freedom fighters." just as many colonists viewed groups like the the sons of liberty as little more than "thugs" rather than so-called "patriots." however, such conversations should be reserved for teachers that actually understand said geopolitical/historical movements.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  4. ohmicah

Reputations:
    Somebody didn't read the whole article.:whistle:

The controversial lesson came from a lesson plan provided byCSCOPE, an all-embracing, online K-12 educational curriculum used in 80 percent of the school districts in Texas

Now what was that about being a melodramatic tool?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  5. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    i must admit that i did not. sorry.

6. ohmicah

Reputations:
    Youngsters are also being taught that George Washington was a terrorist.

They are turning the world upside down on purpose.

Everything you thought you knew is now wrong.

7. Bosch76

Bosch76 2016 Politics POTY Gold

Reputations:
    Please post the lesson plan. I want to see where teachers are instructed to claim that terrorists are freedom fighters.

8. ohmicah

Reputations:
    Post the lesson plan? Are you drunk?

Better yet, how about you click on the link, read the article and then you post the lesson plan.

You're obviously more interested in discrediting me than you are about the Orwellian nature of the story.

9. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    According to the story, the teacher clearly stated "I am supposed to teach you this". That would imply at a minimum a requirement at the school level to teach it, therefore it is by definition not just "a class".

If you think some principle in Texas decided to "go cowboy" and toss away his/her career by unilaterally demanding teachers teach this theory, which would go over like a fart in church there, without approval from the local school board or state, you go right ahead. Otherwise, it is not just "a school".

And based on your writing style and response to those you disagree with, you might want to look in the mirror when calling someone a "melodramatic tool". I've seen wild monkeys with more reasoned responses to frustration.

10. Dilkington

Dilkington Active Member

Reputations:
    Hey, Alex Jones - how bout you actually do the research before you spout off such drivel. :blabla::jrolleyes:

The CSCOPE website says the following:

"This activity was not a part of any lesson in CSCOPE; rather, it was a locally developed lesson in a Texas school district."

then it provides a link to the school district in question, which had this to say (emphasis mine):

>>> Recently a picture had surfaced showing five students dressed in burqas (Islamic attire) in a World Geography classroom at Lumberton High School. The lesson that was offered was not a written CSCOPE lesson; however it informed students to the customary culture of the people in the Middle East. The lesson that occurred was presented on February 1, 2013. As part of the curriculum from the World Geography TEKS (as prescribed by the state of Texas), the students are to study the culture (TEKS number 17):

"Culture. The student understands the distribution, patterns, and characteristics of different cultures." The student is expected to:

(A) describe and compare patterns of culture such as language, religion, land use, education, and customs that make specific regions of the world distinctive;
    (B) describe major world religions, including animism, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, and Sikhism, and their spatial distribution;
    (C) compare economic, political, or social opportunities in different cultures for women, ethnic and religious minorities, and other underrepresented populations; and
    (D) evaluate the experiences and contributions of diverse groups to multicultural societies."

The lesson that was offered focused on exposing students to world cultures, religions, customs, and belief systems. A description on the whiteboard behind the students show the splits in religions: Islam (Sunni and Shia), Judaism (Reform, Conservatives, and Orthodox), and Christianity (Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant). Clothing expresses the individual culture. The lesson is not teaching a specific religion, and the students volunteered to wear the clothing.

The portrait focused only on Middle Eastern attire and the students are wearing variations of this customary attire found in the Middle Eastern culture. This portrait does not reflect the entire aspect of the lesson. The lesson encompassed diversity education so students receive a firm understanding of our world and why people are motivated differently.

Lumberton ISD has purchased the CSCOPE curriculum however; the teachers are not required to teach the lessons that are provided. The school district follows the Year at a Glance, a scope and sequence of the adopted Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills, as well as the Instructional Focus Document which explains the Rationale, Common Misconceptions for students, TEKS, and the Key Academic Vocabulary that supports conceptual development. The district has great teachers and supports the teachers and their individuality in methods of instructional delivery.

11. Bosch76

Reputations:
    What's Orwellian is that people in this country believe the made up stories and distortions on WND and the Daily Caller.

You are being fed lies as the truth. You seriously need to look in the mirror.

12. Bosch76

Reputations:
    For example, CSCOPE has given students material suggesting that Christianity is a cult that parallels the death and resurrection in the story of Osiris, the Egyptian god of the dead. The same material takes pains to point out that early Christians were accused of incest, cannibalism and other atrocities.

Yes, teaching facts is now controversial.

13. ohmicah

Reputations:
    It wasn't Alex Jones reporting this. It was Yahoo, which is almost main stream media.

So, CSCOPE sells curriculum it doesn't stand behind?

The lesson encompassed diversity education so students receive a firm understanding of our world and why people are motivated differently.

In that statement we see "diversity education" rearing it's ugly head again. Diversity education now dictates that "majority" is a bad word. The new phrase is "emerging minorities".

Essentially, I've said the difference between "freedom fighters" and "terrorists" is which side you live with.

It seems confusing that we are at war with "freedom fighting" Muslims.

14. ohmicah

Reputations:
    How long have you listened to Howard Stern, Mr. Truthseeker?

15. Bosch76

Reputations:
    Since 1989 asshole.

16. ohmicah

Reputations:
    To quote a very wise person, "you are being fed lies as the truth". Took me a while to catch on to the deception too.

17. Bosch76

Reputations:
    You certainly are a fucking idiot. It was not Yahoo, it was the Daily Caller rerun on Yahoo.

Asshole.

18. ohmicah

Reputations:
    For future reference, maybe you could tell me where a scholar, like yourself, gets reliable news. I want to call people fucking idiots too.

19. dude

dude New Member

Reputations:
  20. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    texas schools :jj: good luck, texas students. rick fucking perry is your governor