My medical diagnosis, Howard has Aspergers!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SomerSky, Jul 28, 2015.

1. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    Just reading that other post about everyone going into their office so Gunk doesn't have to see anyone, and it dawned on me, he is a conqueror himself!
    Let's look at the evidence...

Asperger’s Disorder is a syndrome that typically appears first in childhood, and is primarily characterized by a person’s difficulty in everyday social interactions with others. For instance, a person with Asperger’s may engage in long-winded, one-sided conversations without noticing or caring about the listener’s interest. They also often lack usual nonverbal communication skills, such as engaging in eye contact with others they’re talking to, or failing to react and empathize with other people’s stories and conversation. This may make them seem insensitive, although that is rarely the case. They may have a hard time “reading” other people or understanding humor

What Are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
    The symptoms of Asperger's syndrome vary and can range from mild to severe. Common symptoms include:

• Problems with social skills: Children with Asperger's syndrome generally have difficulty interacting with others and often are awkward in social situations. They generally do not make friends easily. They have difficulty initiating and maintaining conversation.
    • Eccentric or repetitive behaviors: Children with this condition may develop odd, repetitive movements, such as hand wringing or finger twisting.
    • Unusual preoccupations or rituals: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop rituals that he or she refuses to alter, such as getting dressed in a specific order.
    • Communication difficulties: People with Asperger's syndrome may not make eye contact when speaking with someone. They may have trouble using facial expressions and gestures, and understanding body language. They also tend to have problems understanding language in context and are very literal in their use of language.
    • Limited range of interests: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop an intense, almost obsessive, interest in a few areas, such as sports schedules, weather, or maps.
    • Coordination problems: The movements of children with Asperger's syndrome may seem clumsy or awkward.
    • Skilled or talented: Many children with Asperger's syndrome are exceptionally talented or skilled in a particular area, such as music or math. image.jpg

SillyOldMan, Wigward, OV and 16 others like this.
  2. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah yeah, get to work on your spork thread!

Now that I've read that, I think I have Asperger's. :snicker:

Batwings, John Mahlin, Dorb and 9 others like this.
  3. Pelicanman

Pelicanman Engorged Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    In less enlightened times, those with Aspergers used to be known as simply "assholes". Unfortunately, being a prick is now a disease.

Batwings, redwolf, monsoon and 10 others like this.
  4. baltimore mike

baltimore mike I wear panties 24/7 364

Reputations:
    enough

5. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    I think he falls more under
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder Symptoms

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of grandiosity (self proclaimed king of all media, made up listener statistics) (either in fantasy or actual behavior), an overwhelming need for admiration, and usually a complete lack of empathy (can't make it to your father's funeral because my bimbo stubbed her toe) toward others. People with this disorder often believe they are of primary importance in everybody’s life or to anyone they meet. While this pattern of behavior may be appropriate for a king in 16th Century England, it is generally considered inappropriate for most ordinary people today.

People with narcissistic personality disorder often display snobbish, disdainful, or patronizing attitudes. For example, an individual with this disorder may complain about a clumsy waiter’s “rudeness” or “stupidity” or conclude a medical evaluation with a condescending evaluation of the physician.

In laypeople terms, someone with this disorder may be described simply as a “narcissist” or as someone with “narcissism.” Both of these terms generally refer to someone with narcissistic personality disorder.

A personality disorder is an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates from the norm of the individual’s culture. The pattern is seen in two or more of the following areas: cognition; affect; interpersonal functioning; or impulse control. The enduring pattern is inflexible and pervasive across a broad range of personal and social situations. It typically leads to significant distress or impairment in social, work or other areas of functioning. The pattern is stable and of long duration, and its onset can be traced back to early adulthood or adolescence.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:

• Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
    • Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    • Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
    • Requires excessive admiration
    • Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    • Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
    • Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
    • Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
    • Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Of course all of this could alternatively be explained by

[​IMG]

6. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Someone on this site has been saying that about me for a year.

ARM likes this.
  7. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Assholepergers.

monsoon, bznick, ARM and 4 others like this.
  8. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this sounds like autism- what's the difference?

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  9. LaserT

Reputations:
    You know who has Aspergers I heard.....

[​IMG]

Shortwave98 likes this.
  10. sz1122

sz1122 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This from someone who thought a freckle was cancer

SomerSky likes this.
  11. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If Aspergers means he likes to take it up the ass, then I concur.

12. SomerSky

Reputations:
    Dr. Somer will goggle this...
    There are two main differences between classic autism and Asperger's syndrome, according to Simon Baron-Cohen, the co-director of the Autism Research Centre in Cambridge, England. First, folks with autism tend to have a language delay or start talking later in life, and they also have a below average IQ. People with Asperger's syndrome tend to have an average or above average IQ, and they start speaking within the expected age range.

Therefor, in conclusion, in a sense..
    Aspergers:
    image.jpg

Autism:
    image.jpg

13. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cuntiness:
    [​IMG]

bznick, reno, Bristol Chicken and 2 others like this.
  14. SomerSky

Reputations:
    Shouldn't you be off somewhere posting pictures of freaks in Zimbabwe or something???
    image.jpg

15. Rakdar

Rakdar “Only the shallow know themselves.” ~Oscar Wilde

Reputations:
    @SomerSky
    Dr Somer,
    I have this bad itch that will not go away. Can I book an appointment to have you take a look? Thanks in advance.

SomerSky, reno and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  16. LaserT

Reputations:
    :haha:

[​IMG]

SomerSky and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  17. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I don't give enough of a fuck to comment about Howchie, but I wanted to tell you that your new AV is HOT!!

Thank you, that is all.... :hat:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    SomerSky, Cinnaminion, XXXXX and 5 others like this.
  18. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard is too charismatic on the air to have Aspergers. The guy can be very charismatic when he wants to be. He does have some significant social issues off the air, but he doesn't have communication issues. I don't think a person with Aspergers could be successful in the profession he is in.

I agree with sentiment that Howard is a classic narcissist. The general misconception about narcissists is that they love themselves. In fact, narcissism is driven by self hate and the need to constantly prop yourself up to hide your self loathing. The narcissists I know are the biggest self haters and loneliest people I know (even when they are at a party being the center of attention). I think Howard's poor social skills in small groups and one on one with people he isn't close to have to do with his inadequacies that pop up when he cannot control the situation. That is also why he is most boisterous and narcissistic when he is on the air when he can control everything.

Icey, MadWoman777, Tracy and 4 others like this.
  19. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:

I think ETM also grabbed this particular brass ring...

20. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:

Hamberger's

[​IMG]