My shit

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by sexyfatfunny, Feb 17, 2014.

1. sexyfatfunny

sexyfatfunny New Member

Reputations:
  2. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Oh. Thanks.

I'm probably not going to watch it, but just to make sure you know, we were COMPLETELY lying about the "tolerant, nurturing environment"... So good luck? :)

3. sexyfatfunny

sexyfatfunny New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, I got the sarcasm. I've witnessed enough here.

4. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Looked fine to me, I liked the deer hunting in a park ending with the bait and hunt day of May 5th especially since I am a hunter

5. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The material doesn't exactly ignite my comedy soul then again whose does. I'm not a huge stand up fan. You have a good presence, good delivery and comfortable on stage. Look like you belong there, basically. Definitely way better than Mike Bocchetti. Not that that's a huge compliment I guess, sorry.

6. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Okay, I was pleasantly surprised! I enjoyed the set.

You asked, so here are some random observations / opinions that count for nothing:

A few too many "fucks" at the beginning but they evened out.

Pizza dough tattoo line and midget vaginas were both good stuff.

If you're going to pull the "I look like the number 10" line, at least have the mic stand on the correct side for the audience.

The immigrant hunting bit was too racist/mean. You should probably drop that at some point.

The shit story was okay but not the strongest closer. A bit more gross than it was funny.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the work.

7. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Peau de Soie pretty much nailed any "criticism" I would have made. As for dropping the "racial" angle on the deer joke, it sounds like in East LA it might not go over that well, but if you're getting laughs with it, go with your bad self.

I still try my damnedest not to cuss so much during a set, but sometimes it's necessary for the joke. One of my buddy's first sets sounded like he was reciting the entire script of Glengarry Glen Ross. Since then he barely curses. I think the main reason to cut down on the cursing in general is so that the words still have a kind of phonetic impact within a bit.

I would post my stuff on YouTube but I've got family members I know would be offended with some of my stuff, so I don't bother as yet.

8. sexyfatfunny

sexyfatfunny New Member

Reputations:
    Yes, I say fuck too much and it really takes away from the jokes I have that need the word to make it work. I take all my sets and listen to them and it bugged the shit out of me that a joke towards the end of my set that usually kills didn't because I had "fucked" the crowd to much by that point.

Those four clips are cut from a 55 minute set so that poop bit wasn't actually the closer and there's a little bit more to the bit that I completely forgot to do.

Thanks for watching and the feedback. I definitely appreciate it.

9. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Holy crap (no pun intended) you've got a 55 minute set? The Blob has 5 minutes, maybe, after 30 years of pretending to be a comedian.

10. sexyfatfunny

sexyfatfunny New Member

Reputations:
    I have a little over 2 hours in about 7 years...I had to take a year off because I was in and out of the hospital for 4 months and couldn't walk for about 7 months back in 2012. That 55 minutes is what my first CD I finally recorded and released back in March. It's on iTunes, Amazon for sale or if you're a broke ass like myself you can find it for free on Spotify.