My Sirius subscription is coming to an end....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Matt81, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Matt81

Matt81 Member

Reputations:
    Hi All,

So I rarely post to any blogs but I felt it was time. I need to get this all off of my chest.

I have been a dedicated listener since 1987. I've been there through it all. US Open Sores, Channel 9 Show, purchasing Crucified by the FCC, Butt Bongo Fiesta, The New Years Eve Pageant, The Funerals, failed TV shows ETC. I took off work the day of the last KROK show before Sirius, and have been a Sirius subscriber since day 1.

Now while I have not always agreed with Howard on many issues the show had always been entertaining. I have loved or hated all of the cast and crew that have been part of the show. The guest and whack packers that had their time as show regulars have come and gone and I have always believed that was the show evolving and I felt the turnover was a good thing. I thought all of the eras of the show had their great moments.

I am the type of listener Howard spoke about the other day. I live in NJ and drive into NYC everyday ( I work one block from Sirius and have met some of the guys walking around midtown) spending an hour+ in the car each way, Since Sirius I have been able to listen each way and when he first went to satellite it was revolutionary to me to get to hear him on both ways of my commute. He has made my commute so much better for as long as I can remember. Howard has been a part of my daily routine.

I have to admit the last 2 years the show has been tough to listen to all the way through. More and more I feel like Howard has distanced himself from his crew and his fans. Putting himself on this pedestal high above everyone else as if he is another league of human and we are all piss ants. The show used to be about commardery and it being us vs them. Now it is all about Howard and how he is better than us. There had been a handful of times where the show was secretive (Billy West leaving for one example) but more or less it was about having it all out in the open. Now it has been one big elephant of lies in the room all the time (Artie suicide, Robin sick, Howard TV ending, collapsing the news department, canceling all the great Howard 101 programming, killing Ronnie's block party, many staff firings, killing the wrap up show format, MARCI TURK, etc). He acts like his fans do not deserve to know what is going on with the show. I get it. It's his show and he can do what he wants but it's our show too. We the loyal listeners. We made him his fortune and kept him on the air for 30+ years. Hearing the Artie and John comments this week really made me feel like he has become a big piece of shit. In some way I feel screwed over like they do.

What got me started on this was this summer when he was on his long vacation they played The History of Howard Stern. I heard bits and pieces but I wanted more. So I downloaded the entire 4 acts (The original unedited airings from 2007-2010 not the 2015 edited version). I have been listening in my car a few hours a day in chronological order. All I can say is wow what great stuff. When Howard has actually been on and I turn the live show on it is so bad compared to HHS that I just cant listen. It just made me realize how bad the show has gotten and how many times I have made excuses about it. I can't make excuses anymore he is mailing it in and insulating himself from his crew and loyal listeners. I am just ending act 3 now and will start act 4. I feel like the end for me. This is my final binge of Howard then like at the end of Goodfellas I have to turn my back on him. My Sirius subscription in both cars ends September 27th. I have not renewed yet. they offered me 5 months for $25. I can't make up my mind as to renew to hear what happens with the contract or end it now before it could get any worse. What would you do? Listen til the end of the year or close the Howard chapter in my commute now and find something new?

I am sure some of you will trash me for this or make fun of it but I had to get this off my chest. It's my eulogy to what was my favorite show.

.....And a Baba Booey to Y'all.

2. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Negged and reported

GaryPuppet and Skipnoid like this.
  3. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    I would continue the sub until his contract ends this Dec.

4. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just sharted. Whey in the morning....

chapped likes this.
  5. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    For the watch

6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'd continue with Sirius. If a lot people cancel, Howard will look like a hero. "Robin, without me, Sirius is destroyed." Don't give him the satisfaction.

7. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    it's a dead platform. It's finished and it's going to die with or without the king of all homeless cats and selfie artists.

8. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Stern show is not going to get any better, in fact it will get worse. If the music channels dont justify your 25 dollars, I would keep my money in my pocket.

...and welcome to the forum.

9. kingofallmessicans

kingofallmessicans Sandy Cunt

Reputations:
    Make sure to cancel because they WILL auto-renew you at the full rate. If you cancel, be sure to share this with the people at Sirius, maybe a bit more succinctly. When I cancelled earlier this year I made it very clear to Sirius I came over because I was a huge Stern fan, and am cancelling as a former Stern fan, as his show is no longer funny. This dude can't have it both ways. He took all the credit in the world for each new subscriber, despite what the subscriber may have thought about him. So when you cancel, make sure the people at Sirius know what a Stern fan you WERE, and how his lack of effort caused your dissatisfaction.

10. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    TLDR :dance:

funnymoney likes this.
  11. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Too long to read....I personally enjoy the other channels and with a lifetime no worries about $$$

12. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:

Well said and echoes my own feelings.

After 10 years as a Sirius subscriber and over 20 years as a fan of the sellout I canceled my satellite service. Primarily because my satellite receiver crapped out and I did not bother to fix it.
    This was in January of this year. Haven't missed the show. What's to miss? Watered down and only 2 times a week? Fuck that. Endless AGT vomit and promotion? Fuck that. I was such a fan of Howard I actually gave AGT a chance. I watched 1/2 of one show and was done. Sellout complete. Fuck that.

I will say this - Howard reruns and old programming are still better than the vast majority of shit shows you can find on the broadcast radio dial. I do miss some of the music channels on Sirius. I will definitely have satellite radio in my next vehicle. But it won't be because of the wigged, pelican looking, chin implanted, chicklet toothed, Ralph blowing, fan pissing on, PC sellout, Hollywood wannabe, marble counting hook nosed Jew who married a feeble minded attention whoring horse of a cat lady.

13. RONNIE THE CLAW

RONNIE THE CLAW Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well said and I know exactly what you're saying and agree 100%. I wish the message would get to wiggy when we unsubscribe because of him and not in his twisted mind because we protest SIRIUS. I saw a major shift, more than usual with him, when he sued SIRIUS, lost and then appealed and again lost his law suit against them for the bonus $ a couple years back. He said FUCK YOU to SIRUS and all his fans around that time after with the help of Turk who is nothing more than his corporate hatchet person. It's your decision about re-upping with them...I like some other shows, so I am staying with them for a while.

14. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    It really wouldnt surprise me if Howard just goes off the air on his last day with no mention of it. He already has a deal with Whalerock (whatever the fuck that is) and a bad taste in his mouth for Sirius after losing his lawsuit. The minute MaryAnn spoke of his contract yesterday he hung up on her and changed the subject.

15. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For $25 I don't know if you'd be able to hear Howard, I can't and don't care.

funnymoney likes this.
  16. kingofallmessicans

Reputations:
    What's so funny about this is it's like an aging musician pushing his NEW music. We all love "Classic Howard" but fucking hate the new shit with a passion. Howard wants people to like his new shit so badly, but anyone who was a fan of him previously knows how bad this new shit stinks. Howard always hated on Bowie or Rolling Stones insistence upon playing their new stuff when the fans all just want the old stuff. Howard is now official worse than an old musician trying to sell "new" music.

17. kingofallmessicans

Reputations:
    You can and do get Stern in the $20 for 6 month package.

18. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Try the Patriot channel - #125 You may just want to keep sirius for that.

AmishGirl likes this.
  19. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why it's not like you would miss anything . If the sub is coming to an end tell them you are canceling because the Wig blows and only does three shows a week if you are lucky . That's what I did . They told me they made a note of it and they had others say the same thing .

20. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's on that ? I have XM and got the wig as part of the package last time I renewed .

1Vegasgirl likes this.