My Spoiler-Free Dark Knight Review

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BrerJimmy, Jul 19, 2012.

1. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My spoiler-free Dark Knight review...

It was really, really good and is going to get tons of award recognition come Oscar season.

Nolan will almost certainly get a picture nom (though I don't think he deserves to win this time around. The cinematography is top notch and has an excellent chance of winning there. The main characters were good, but none of them really shone any brighter than. Where the movie thrives is in the supporting cast. Unfortunately, few of the supporters garner enough screentime to justify a nomination. Even if they had, the candidacy of so many great actors will hurt them. That being said, at least one of them deserves to be recognized - Michael Caine, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Marion Cottilard all excelled in their various bits of screentime. It probably deserves to be passed over Best Screenplay because, even at nearly three hours, it felt overly-explanatory at times.

The movie comes with a really nice twist and offers just about the most satisfying conclusion to a trilogy one could ask for (save for one minor detail).

Finally, be warned that the movie is really quite long and if I you smuggle in liquor, you wil most likely have to take a bathroom break about halfway through.

Great, great movie. (I did, however, like Inception a bit more.)

2. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Now bring on the spoilers. :coffee:

3. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Alfred dies.
    Bruce Wayne becomes paralyzed