N&A have 2.8% of Howard Stern Forum Viewers

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Gunnar, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    One reason must be that all 5-7 of us are positive of N&A and 245 of stern forum viewers seem kind of pissed off.

I am waiting for the day we hit 20 concurrent viewers.

Keep it up and post something.

BY the way, this should be NIck and Artie Show Forum not just Artie Lange.

2. Napoleon V2

Napoleon V2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I lurk here often

3. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    Rick is an albatross that Artie likes.

4. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, I'll be honest. I don't get how so many people hate Stern and still listen and spend most of their time posting here.

I went through that phase, I loved the show, then hated it but I just stopped listening. You couldn't pay me to listen to it for more than 5 minutes now cause it's just boring.

At least we like the Nick and Artie Show and post about it. And when people whine that Artie needs to come back to Stern it bothers me. Artie on Stern would be muffled. He's got his own show now, it's 3 hours of Artie. What more could you want if you are an Artie fan.

5. JDs tees

JDs tees Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    One thing N&A has going for it is a hardcore fanbase that the HS show used to have. The callers participate, know all the jokes, and listen religiously. I think part of the recipe for success is having that fanbase, and the show has got it!

6. terrell

terrell New Member

Reputations:
    I listen to N&A all the time. The online listen link streams perfectly, and when the show isn't live it streams previous shows. Artie's on fyyyyyre.

7. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good post.

8. Gunnar

Reputations:
    nice!

9. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Oh this. Others (including Gunnar I think) disagree and say Dickie contributes his fair share. He certainly does act as show runner. And of course Artie wouldn't be there without him; it was Rick's show.

Stern has 30 years of obsessive fan history behind him, and is why just about all of us are here. While Artie was a huge part of some of that history, his new show is still really OBSCURE; few have even heard of it, and it doesn't air very widely. For many of us it's just a stream or podcast.

Even though I stopped listening to Stern, and I listen religiously to N&A, there just isn't much activity in this forum to comment on.

I would love to see more activity in this subforum. Just as with "social networks", people go where the crowds are, and right now the crowds are still in the HS forum.

So I do appreciate your efforts, Gunnar, thanks.

10. JDs tees

JDs tees Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Agree. I mostly listen everynight, and if not the entire show I always catch the third hour. Usually listen the day after. Maybe some sort of mega thread would be appropriate here, where we can post random stuff show related; queets, great lines, good calls etc., especially since we all mostly listen at separate times.

11. Salmo

Salmo Active Member

Reputations:

Very good summary of my position as well.

I listen to the show from the posted MP3s. I just wish they would improve the audio quality of those...

-S

12. QwikSand

QwikSand Member

Reputations:
    I really think Nick is funny and contributes a lot to the show and without someone that Artie admires and can spar with like Nick, I don't the show chemistry for Artie would be the same. Everyone involved with the show to me fits well.

13. Gunnar

Reputations:
    If this show is scripted/designed to be this funny/addictive then they are brilliant. If it is "free-form" Nick riffing off of Artie (and vise-verse) then N&A are amazing. I have heard them talk about a 3 PM sync-up call for the show and it seems Nick prepares some stuff (he gets in quite a bit earlier than Artie I think).

I find one of my favorite aspects of the show is how they never get to 90% of the subjects Nick says they are going to talk about.

I am also a big of what Dan Falato brings to the show (especially after he dropped all the Gracy talk after the first few months).

G.

14. QwikSand

QwikSand Member

Reputations:
    Having anyone there like the twins and Dan for Artie to bust on has created a lot of 'callback' material for the show. Like the gelato and the Chicago accents and red velvet. Stuff that Artie constantly references. Hearing all of Artie's Dan road/mooching stories cracks me up.

15. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    I'm one of those people that still listen, and I can't explain it myself. If it helps, I also watch SNL every Saturday, knowing full well I'm not going to laugh. It's almost a habit I can't break. It makes about as much sense as ordering the same meal that you hate, over and over, then complaining to the chef every time. I have no excuse.

I really need to get in the habit of listening to Artie more. Everything I've listened to I've liked, it just hasn't "clicked" with me yet.

16. Booey Logic

Booey Logic Member

Reputations:
    The handful of times I've listened to Artie on N&A have depressed the hell out of me. Same with watching him on the few talk-show appearances he's made. All of the spark and "life" has gone out of his voice. But I'll give them a try again over next couple weeks, and hopefully things have changed.

17. Markijuano

Markijuano Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The respect Artie had for Nick is different from what happened when he found out who Hank really was. Plus Nick may through a stiff punch

18. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Couldn't disagree more. Compared with his later Stern years, Art's voice these days is positively sparkling.

19. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love the Nick and Artie show, I just don't post much. I usually just lurk around these boards for laughs.

Don't listen to Stern anymore (ill only check out interviews if i find out they had a good guest). Rather than get annoyed over the evolved one, i rather remember him for the great laughs he provided me in the past