News Naive PowerBall winners

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Jan 15, 2016.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We are going to stay in the same house we live in and continue working at our jobs. Now that you went on the Today Show and everyone knows where you live and what your children look like expect to be harassed until the end of time. These people will get inundated by strangers all over the country asking for handouts. They are going to have people driving up to their door asking for money. I think eventually what huge lottery winners find out is they have to move and become anonymous. Plus, why the hell would you go anywhere with the ticket unless it's straight to the lottery office.

A Tennessee couple says they are one of the three lucky winners of the historic $1.6billion Powerball jackpot.

John and Lisa Robinson of Munford appeared on NBC's Today Show Friday morning, explaining how they bought their ticket at the last moment and how they plan to spend their millions.

Since the couple have not yet met lottery officials, they can't be officially verified as one of the winners, but they showed off their little yellow ticket - with the correct numbers 4, 8, 19, 27, 34 and 10 - on the show as proof.

'It's not going very far,' Mr Robinson said, pulling out the ticket from the safety of his shirt pocket.

The other two winning tickets were sold in Melbourne Beach, Florida and Chino Hills, California.

In their live TV interview, the couple told the unlikely story of their life-changing win.

Mr Robinson said he was coming home from work Wednesday night when he got a call from his wife, asking him to pick up Powerball tickets on the way home.

'I really didn't feel like stopping,' Mr Robinson said, because he was tired and not feeling well.

Nevertheless, the father-of-two stopped at Naifeh's grocery store, near their home, and bought four tickets representing each member of his family - just two hours before the cutoff.

When he got home, Mr Robinson said he handed the tickets to his wife and then went to bed, leaving it to her to check the numbers after the late-night drawing.

She says she read the numbers three times before running down the hall and waking up her husband, yelling 'John, you gotta check these numbers!'

The couple believed they had the winning ticket, but decided not to leave the house or tell anyone at first.

'I'll believe it when the news comes on in the morning and they say there's a winner down in Munford,' Mr Robinson recalled.

The next morning, the couple says they saw local news networks showing up at the grocery store and that's when they decided to call their lawyer, Joe Townsend.

It was Mr Townsend who advised them to come forward to a national news network before turning in their ticket, so they could control their story.

'I think the American public wants to hear from them, and even though they want to be private after this is over, they want to let the public know that they're the winners,' Mr Townsend said.

In addition to telling their lawyer, the Robinsons' daughter Tiffany was one of the first people they told the good news.

Mr Robinson said he tried to trick his daughter into coming over, saying he needed her to bring him medicine since he was sick. But she was busy and sent someone else to run the errand.

When his daughter didn't show up with the medicine, Mr Robinson called and asked why she hadn't brought over the medication herself.

Tiffany said if it was 'that important' that she come over herself, she would , and that's when her parents told her the happy news. With their new-found Powerball money, Tiffany says she hopes she might convince her parents to buy her a horse.

Since they are splitting the $1.586billion jackpot with two others, the Robinsons stand to gain a prize of $528.8million if they choose the annuity or $327.8million with a lump sum payment.

As for how they plan to spend their winnings, the Robinsons say they will pay off some loans but haven't made many other plans.

However, they do want to give donations to their church and other organizations close to their heart like St Jude Children's Research Hospital.

They say they want to stay in Munford, and that Mrs Robinson hopes to keep on working.

Mr Robinson, 58, and his 53-year-old wife have lived in their three bedroom, $150,000 bungalow since 1995 after he left the Air Force.

He now works as an engineer for a Target distribution center and recently had to spend a month away from his wife, which another friend Linda Bullifin saying they found the separation difficult.

'I know she found it particularly hard and they have had problems like anybody else.

'Lisa's mother died recently and John had left his previous job and had to find another quickly because like most folk, they need to earn. But maybe not so much now.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Vagineer, remdeprived and Rockside7 like this.
  2. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    I am familiar with Munford. Those people look like some of the classier residents.

3. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The local media here in LA just can't understand why the Chino Hills winner hasn't come forward to speak to them yet.

I would never speak to the press about it.

It's bad enough that the Lottery Office will try to publicize it but, fuck the media.

I want to be rich, not famous.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is that the daughter? I'll be leaving a deposit in that shortly

5. Rockside7

Reputations:

She's kind of chubby.

JesusTwins and larry Darrel like this.
  6. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'd leave one in the obese mom for 100mil

7. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did these dolts look in the mirror before they went on national TV? Someone call Ralph Cirella to fag them up a bit.

8. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Apparently in Tennessee they have to disclose publicly who the lottery winners are. I don't know if that means you are obligated to be photographed.

9. Beer Can

Beer Can Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They should cut that lazy shit Tiffany out of the will.

10. YodaQuiversStern

YodaQuiversStern Turn and face the strange

Reputations:
    I have family in Melbourne, Florida. I'm hoping that they have the winning ticket and are feeling generous.

FosterKitten and Tracy like this.
  11. Rockside7

Reputations:
    Maybe now they can afford trees with leaves on them.

[​IMG]

12. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Smart people would claim their winnings in a trust and keep their identity secret.

13. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    Yes, but if you really wanted to, you could find out who was behind the trust.

14. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I remember one time
    some couple
    they win maybe 30-40 million--somewhere in there
    they got matching dream cars

his and her ford mustangs

I laughed at that--and still do

15. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Jesus f'ing Christ, I'll say .... I can't believe this:

"In addition to telling their lawyer, the Robinsons' daughter Tiffany was one of the first people they told the good news.

Mr Robinson said he tried to trick his daughter into coming over, saying he needed her to bring him medicine since he was sick. But she was busy and sent someone else to run the errand.

When his daughter didn't show up with the medicine, Mr Robinson called and asked why she hadn't brought over the medication herself.

Tiffany said if it was 'that important' that she come over herself, she would , and that's when her parents told her the happy news. With their new-found Powerball money, Tiffany says she hopes she might convince her parents to buy her a horse. "

How old is this girl? Twelve? Pouts about her Father needing medicine, and then wants a horse? ... sheesh, give it to the person who brought the medicine .... :ufacepalm:

16. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    many states won't let you collect lottery winnings under a blind trust. You have to disclose your name.

Fatass likes this.
  17. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    I HATE when these people who win say they'll keep on working. Oh get over your fucking selves!!!

18. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How about quitting your jobs and letting someone else have a shot? Selfish fucks.

19. remdeprived

remdeprived Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good luck to them, but I don't see it working out the way they plan.

"We think we know what we're doin'
    That don't mean a thing
    It's all in the past now
    Money changes everything"

Vagineer and stanggirl like this.
  20. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    Same feelings I have for guys I work with that refuse to retire. Retire you old fuck and give someone else a chance to work!

AmishGirl, kinneyjames and babybear like this.