Navy SEAL that killed Osama named

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Nov 6, 2014.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

The Navy SEAL who shot Osama bin Laden dead in the special force's most famous operation can be named today.

The Navy hero is set to give a full interview to Fox News later this month and waive his anonymity but MailOnline has established that he is Rob O'Neill, a highly-decorated veteran who quit after 16 years service.

In an exclusive interview Rob's father, Tom O'Neill, tells MailOnline, 'People are asking if we are worried that ISIS will come and get us because Rob is going public. I say I'll paint a big target on my front door and say come and get us.'

Rob O'Neill, 38, is a former member of SEAL Team Six who has been portrayed on screen in Zero Dark Thirty, Captain Phillips and
    He is one of the most distinguished members ever of the elite force - but now faces being frozen out of its circles for revealing its most closely-held secrets.

O'Neill was personally congratulated for killing bin Laden - in his account at close range with three shots to his forehead - during the SEAL raid on Abbottobad, in Pakistan, on 2 May 2011.

Questions have previously been raised over the exact narrative of how bin laden came to die, although the dispute centers on an alternative account which claims O'Neill shot him once, leaving him mortally-wounded and the terrorist was killed by two other SEALs with further shots to the chest rather than forehead.

O'Neill's decision to speak out was prompted by losing some of his military benefits by quitting the SEALs after 16 years rather than staying for a full 20 years of service.

Today details of his extraordinary military record can be disclosed.

O'Neill grew up in Butte, Montana, a former copper mining boomtown that has now fallen on hard times.

Tom O'Neill lives in a single story home with a garage full of stuffed animals — including a bear, moose, caribou, big horn sheep and several deer — shot by the two men. A full stuffed kodiak bear has place of pride in his living room.

O'Neill has said the basic reason he became a SEAL was a teenage romance gone wrong. At 19 he went to a Navy recruiter's office in an attempt to get over his lost love.

But his father gave a different story in his exclusive interview with MailOnline. 'We were going hunting and a friend asked us to take a guy who was a Navy SEAL with us,' said Tom O'Neill, 65. 'We were expecting someone who was 6 ft. 8 in. who could lift a house with his bare hands, but he was this normal guy. And Rob said if this guy could be a SEAL, then so could he.'

In total he was deployed on more than a dozen tours of duty in active combat, in four different warzones, including Iraq and Afghanistan.

In the course of those tours he undertook more than 400 separate combat missions.

He was decorated 52 times, leaving as senior chief petty officer. His decorations include two Silver Stars, four Bronze Stars with Valor, a Joint Service Commendation Medal with Valor, three Presidential Unit citations, and two Navy/Marine Corps Commendations with Valor.

Silver Stars, the military's third highest honor, are awarded for extraordinary gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States.

Bronze Stars with Valor are awarded for merit, signifying a heroic act and direct participation in combat operations.

It is the fourth-highest combat award of the U.S. Armed Forces and the ninth highest military award overall.

Joint Service Commendation Medals are given for senior service on a joint military staff and is the most senior of the commendation medals.

But his father marvels that the one award his son never won was the Purple Heart. 'That's because he was never in action where a colleague was killed or injured.

quoted by CNN as disputing The Shooter's account that he had killed bin Laden with three shots.

The SEAL - who was anonymous - said that The Shooter had shot bin Laden once in the head as he pointed his head out the door of the room on the top floor where he was hiding - but in fact did not kill him.

The Shooter then rushed two women who were in the bedroom and wrapped his arms around them to stop them detonating any suicide vests which the SEALS feared they might be wearing.

Two more SEALS then rushed into the room and saw a mortally-wounded bin Laden lying on the floor, the SEAL said, then shot him in the chest.

CNN said at the time that their account came from a 'serving SEAL Team Six' operator -although it did not say if he was on the raid.

This week he told CBS that hings have been so bad him that he'd rather personally take on the Islamic State.

'I would go back overseas today and deal with fighting ISIS face-to-face rather than deal with the last two years again,' he said on Sunday.

Bissonnette's surprising statement came as he continued to defend himself against claims he somehow knowingly endangered his fellow SEALs, and even America's safety as a whole, by divulging classified information.

'That's absolutely not what I intended to do. These are my brothers that I served beside for years,' he said.

Bissonnette told CBS he believed at the time of his book's publication that he was acting totally within the law.

However, now Bissonnette says he was following the advice of his attorney at the time when he chose to forego submitting his manuscript to the Pentagon before it went to print.

'I [wanted] to reach out to my former command and say, "Hey, look, sir, let's discuss. I have nothing to hide,"' he said. 'I got a text message back just simply saying, you know, "Delete me."'

With so much venom flying his way, the former soldier says he's had to change his habits in hopes of calling as little attention to himself as possible.

'I fly a little further underneath the radar than I ever have before. I don't want anybody to know where I live,' he said. 'I want to be very cautious - security wise.'

Now, as he prepares to publish a sequel to his dangerous tome, his lawyer has revealed a vast proportion of the profits could be soaked up by extensive fines leveled by the Pentagon.

The latest probe centers on the speeches Bissonnette has made since publishing his tell-all book under the pseudonym Mark Owen, The New York Times revealed.

It comes after Bissonnette submitted a draft of his second book - No Hero: The Evolution Of A Navy SEAL - for approval from the Department of Defense, including slides and notes from his speeches.

He has already apologized for failing to seek approval for his revelations in No Easy Day, and allegedly agreed to forfeit a portion of his royalties in a dispute settlement.

However, another probe has been launched to investigate details disclosed at speeches across the U.S.

Last year, he spoke at a golf club in Atlanta where visitors were instructed to deposit their phones at the door and were barred from taking notes.

His lawyer Robert D Luskin insists the speeches were not controversial and says he expects the investigation to be resolved 'favorably'.

Bissonnette was disciplined in November 2012 for sharing classified information with the makers of the popular video game Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

According to senior Navy officials, Bissonnette recruited his fellow SEALs to spend two days as paid consultants for Electronic Arts.

It was the investigation the military launched into Bissonnette's book that led the authorities to discover that he had allegedly 'recruited' the 11 Navy SEALS into the video game deal.

2. BuffaloTom

BuffaloTom Closed By User Banned User

Reputations:
  3. Roberticus

Roberticus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pretty sure that dude's been on the motivational speaking circuit for a while. Nothing better than coked-up telemarketing sales guys pretending that what they do is just like what he did...

smichal and ltd86 like this.
  4. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks Obama!

Humongous, smichal and chapped like this.
  5. baci

baci Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Uhm not sure I would paint a big target on my door...just sayin..........

smichal and kicksave7 like this.
  6. Dmaxxin

Dmaxxin Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

smichal and kicksave7 like this.
  7. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Will Robin say this man is not a hero because he was just doing his job?

:munch2:

8. chapped

Reputations:

while i agree... something tells me this is the last family you would want to fuck with

shit if anyone fucked with them they would be lucky to get a double tap

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    smichal and John Sterling like this.
  9. chapped

Reputations:

that would get ugly real quick...

if she did we might read about ms quivers being found tar and feathered someday

10. Roberticus

Roberticus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wasn't at the conference, but I was told he was VERY intense. I think you are quite right.

11. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    I wouldn't want to be known for that until I die. Those extremist retards don't forget.

kicksave7 likes this.
  12. RenchFries

Reputations:
    I wouldn't want to be known for that until I die. Those extremist retards don't forget.

13. chapped

Reputations:

I have heard that the national heros that were on that SEAL Team Six
    have ice for blood and balls made of pure brass

i salute them all

[​IMG]

blindbella, Bye You!, Dmaxxin and 2 others like this.
  14. dilly

dilly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This guy should never have to pay for a beer again.

Bye You! and Birddog like this.
  15. chapped

Reputations:

did you forget?

blindbella, Bye You! and Lemmy like this.
  16. chapped

Reputations:
    no joke...buying this man a beer is now on my bucket list

Bye You! and RenchFries like this.
  17. RenchFries

Reputations:
    Weird browser hiccup.

18. chapped

Reputations:
    no worries it happens

19. chapped

Reputations:
    no worries it happens

shrinkage, blindbella and RenchFries like this.
  20. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :haha: