Politics Navy to Charge Officer Who Fired on Islamist During Chattanooga Attack

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TheWonk, Aug 1, 2015.

1. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    A report at The Navy Times in July confirmed that one of the Marines shot during the Chattanooga terrorist attack exchanged fire with the terrorist. Navy Lt. Cmdr Timothy White also shot back at the terrorist.

But rather than being celebrated as a hero, Lt. Commander White may be charged for discharging a firearm on federal property.

Allen West reported this week that Lt. Commander Timothy White

Ladies and gents, resulting from the text message I received yesterday, I can confirm that the United States Navy is bringing charges against Lt. Cmdr Timothy White for illegally discharging a firearm on federal property.

What kind of freaking idiots are in charge of our Armed Forces — pardon me, our “unArmed Forces”? What would they prefer that Abdulazeez had been able to kill all the Marines and Sailors at the Naval Support Reserve Center? Let me draw an interesting contrast: Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus is more concerned about lifting the ban on transgendered Sailors. Mabus has a problem in that for the first time since 2007 the US Navy will not have a Carrier Battle Group operating in the Persian Gulf. But this knucklehead has no problem with the Navy seeking to destroy the career of a Sailor, a commander of an installation, returning fire against an Islamic jihadist attack. I do not care if it was his personal weapon, he deserves a medal for facing the enemy.

Folks, this has become the Obama military that will not implement policies for our men and women in uniform to be protected — but will punish them if they do protect themselves. What ever happened to the Navy of John Paul Jones, Farragut, Halsey, and Nimitz? What has happened in our America where we believe that our men and women in uniform — especially the commanders — are just targets for these damn Islamic jihadists?

[​IMG]

Lt Commander Timothy White is pictured with his family.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ng-chattanooga-terror-attack-will-be-charged/

2. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

3. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    What in the sweet fuck!? :facepalm:

Please tell me this is really an Onion story.

1Vegasgirl, Batwings, MrPACS and 5 others like this.
  4. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If true, this is insane...

5. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Maybe they can also charge him with denying the shooter's free expression of his religion.

reno, 1Vegasgirl, maroon and 4 others like this.
  6. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Can't be real. It just can't, can it?

7. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    This has been policy for years. Even if Lt. White is formally charged I would be shocked if he got more than a reprimand at best considering the circumstances. This directive should have been discarded after the Ft. Hood shooting IMO.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...on-military-bases-and-its-not-clintons-fault/

Monday’s deadly shooting at the Washington Navy Yard has renewed interest in why most military personnel are forbidden from carrying firearms on military bases. In the aftermath, some have pointed fingers at former President Bill Clinton, but is he really to blame?

Not according to what we found.

The question of why military members aren’t armed on base garnered attention back in November 2009 when Army Maj. Nidal Hasan opened fire at Ft. Hood and killed 13 people. He was sentenced to death on August 28. Now, nearly four years later, many are asking the same question.

So what’s the answer? It appears this “gun-free zone” type policy can actually be traced back toDepartment of Defense (DoD) Directive 5210.56, signed into effect in February 1992 by Donald J. Atwood, deputy secretary of defense under President George H.W. Bush.

Steven Bucci, a military expert for The Heritage Foundation who served 28 years in the Army and retired in 2005 with the rank of colonel, also told TheBlaze Tuesday afternoon that Clinton is not to blame.

“I think you are barking up the wrong tree if you are looking to put blame on someone for disarming the military,” said Bucci, when asked if Clinton was responsible. “I think that’s kind of a bogus story.”

“We have never had our soldiers walking around with weapons all the time, other than in combat zones,” he added, noting only Military Police have had that authority.

TheBlaze reached out to members of both the Senate and House Armed Services Committee to see if the policy will be revisited in light of Monday’s shooting. At the time of publication, no one was available for comment.

8. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
  9. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    This law has been around since the 90's, why the gif?

that being said, leave the Navy guy alone.

10. remdeprived

remdeprived Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well if Allen West says he got a text message saying this will happen it must/might/may be true.

"Ladies and gents, resulting from the text message I received yesterday, I can confirm that the United States Navy is bringing charges against Lt. Cmdr Timothy White for illegally discharging a firearm on federal property."

potroast and kinneyjames like this.
  11. DJ Retardo

DJ Retardo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this is the fake story robin....he isnt being charged with anything the only place that pops up is the link op posted, calm your tits errebody....

12. dawg

Reputations:
    It had the smell of an onion piece, still doesnt stop the obama memes though.

Gusbuss likes this.
  13. Head Censor

Reputations:
    It's been around a helluva lot longer than that. The Blaze is full of shit.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  14. dawg

Reputations:
    I was thinking the 80's? Long before Obama came on the scene that much is fact

Gusbuss likes this.
  15. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Nate loves that GIF! Don't know what he's gonna do with it once Obama's out.

Gusbuss likes this.
  16. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I smell bs.

17. dawg

Reputations:
    It's becoming comical the stuff they blame on the president. some stuff is blamed on him that was on the books before he was even born :jj:

Hamster, Gusbuss and Shortwave98 like this.
  18. Head Censor

Reputations:
    If we're talking about military personnel other than security guard detachments or MPs (and a few other special exceptions) carrying sidearms on U.S. military installations stateside, you'd probably have to go back to pre-WWII days to find something like that occurring.

Let's just pray your right.

19. dawg

Reputations:
    Fake story, fake outrage? It's the norm around here.

Gusbuss and Cinnaminion like this.
  20. dawg

Reputations:
    I hear you man.