NBC Cuts Out Olympic Tribute To Terrorism Victims

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/nbc-cuts...uring-opening-ceremonies-for-american-viewers
    (video in link)

According to a report on Deadspin, NBC’s broadcast of the Olympic opening ceremonies lacked a crucial portion of the performance – a nearly six minute long tribute to the victims of the 2005 7/7 terror attacks which occurred less than one day after London was selected to host the 2012 games.

It was a rather significant and emotional moment in the opening ceremony, coming just before the parade of nations—and it wasn’t aired in the United States. Instead, viewers were treated to a lengthy and meaningless Ryan Seacrest interview of Michael Phelps. NBC regularly excises small portions of the opening ceremony to make room for commercials, but we’ve never heard of them censoring out an entire performance—especially to air an inane interview. We’ve asked NBC why they didn’t air the tribute, and if they get back to us we’ll let you know what they say. In the meantime, enjoy the performance everyone else in the world saw.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/28/nbc-victims-tribute_n_1713527.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
    NBC Hit For Editing Opening Ceremony Segment Seen As 'Victims Tribute'

2. cheezedbyfate

cheezedbyfate Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i dont tune into the super bowl for the national anthem.....

3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    NBC....We are #4!
    :yay:

4. ELMACO510

ELMACO510 Resident Asshole VIP

Reputations:
    Fucking Disgusting. Its typical of this liberal media. I cannot say I'm surprised. I just hope people will wake up to what's really happening.

5. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    the United States of Israel - when did you guys get annexed anyways?

6. ELMACO510

Reputations:
    There would be no "Super Bowl" without the National Anthem you ignorant prick!

7. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    People at NBC don't like reminding the sheep that real evil exists, it distracts from the simplistic straw men they prefer to rail against.

8. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    it's funny to see Americans getting so worked up on their masters behalf ooooo you HAVE TO DO A MUNICH tribute in the olympic games ooooooo

then they cut out the british tribute stay classy Tel Aviv

9. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:

============

well? what is really happening Abe?

10. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    they should do the Pledge of Allegiance as well...

11. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    I don't get it.

The code word for liberal media is really Jewish liberal media.

Wouldn't the Jewish liberal media be sensitive to Munich '72 and want to again remind the world, rightfully, "never again?"

This was just a money and ratings grab by NBC, IMHO. They probably reasoned that the sheep American TV audience would rather tune into an insipid Seacrest interview than be bummed out about Munich '72...not good for selling McDonalds commercials.

You right-wing wing nuts crack me up. Maybe Obama commanded NBC not to show that footage. Morons.

12. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
  13. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    :peek:

14. ELMACO510

Reputations:
    Read next post

15. ELMACO510

Reputations:
    I wouldn't expect you to get it. You are the sheep. You don't question anything instead you make comments like Liberal Media = Jewish Liberal Media, which couldn't be further from the truth.

It's not a single person or persons in the media that's pushing this agenda. And its not just this one thing at the Olympics. Its every liberal political view. Look at the Zimmerman tapes that NBC doctored. The sad part is, its not a conspiracy (that much I agree with you on). They don't even realize they are doing it. Its their mindset and culture in the media. It's their view of the world and how it should be.

Instead of offering your "HO" I would suggest reading up on it from people that were there, working in the media. Try reading any one of Bernie Goldberg's books on the subject:

Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News
    Arrogance: Rescuing America from the Media Elite
    A Slobbering Love Affair: The True (And Pathetic) Story of the Torrid Romance Between Barack Obama and the Mainstream Media

Oh and he is a Jew so I guess that must make him part of this "Jewish Media"...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  16. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    So it's changed now? The "Jews controlling the media" bit is as old as Goebbels (and I don't mean Georgie).

No, I get it, and I understand the subtlety. Slightly shifting the focus away from naked racism toward a "conspiracy" to attack "our values." C'mon man, think about who's really a sheep.

If you believe ANY fucking media outlet is about anything OTHER than the almighty dollar, you're already lost. Just keep listening to Rush, ditto head, he'll lead you to the real "truth." CA-Ching!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  17. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    The media was bought and paid for long before any of us were born. If we ever got any real news we would shit ourselves.

18. SalsMasterShake

Reputations:
    Maybe CBS during the Murrow era? Watergate? Tim Sabean-Shit Gate?

Those are about the only examples I can think of off the top of my head.

19. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    To understand the present you must examine the past. This documentary is over 3 hours long but is well worth watching. It was filmed in the 90's but no other documentary tells it like this one.

[video=youtube;iDtBSiI13fE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDtBSiI13fE[/video]

20. ELMACO510

Reputations:
    If its all about the all mighty dollar how do you explain MSNBC??? Hell, how do you explain CNN or any of the primetime news broadcasts??? FOXNEWS beats every cable news channel combined and almost beats ABC/NBC/CBS with 1/4 of the viewing households. If you believe what you say then you'd have to admit they need to change their reporting....and yet they don't. So what's that tell you??? Again, try reading Bernie Goldberg's books.

I don't listen to Rush, I don't listen Glenn Beck. I am a hardcore conservative (can you tell) and I reach most of my conclusions on my own after reading and watching a lot of news.