NBC disses Howard???: NBC giving a late-night interview show to ....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jon Hein is God, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    This would've been right up Howard's alley.

[​IMG]

2. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Even though the late, late night ratings are negligible, I don't think Howard wants to face the numbers he would get for a show of his own these days. He likes that he can talk bullshit numbers for his Sirius audience and blame ratings for the shit talent show on others.

3. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Amazing, after all the wild shit Alec Baldwin has been involved in over the years with his vulgar attacks on everyone everywhere, NBC has no problem installing him as a host.

But at the same time, we are all suppose to hate Mel Gibson because he has made vulgar attacks on people. I guess it does pay to be an insider, you can do no wrong! :facepalm:

4. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    BREAKING: Brian De La Puente signs with a 1 yr/2 Million dollar deal with Saints.

5. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If Howard is asked about this he'll do what he always does - lie. He'll claim NBC wanted him but he turned them down because it was beneath him, he was too busy, or one of the other fake excuses he uses when he's rejected or not invited. Then he'll keep talking about how great he WOULD have been in that job, even though he hasn't been entertaining in years.

6. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    What you don't understand is that it's OK when Alec rants because it's about the "villains" the libs think are deserving of contempt. Alec has issues but he's in with Lorne and the rest of the haaaaamptonites and he at least isn't as unpleasant to see on tv as Howard.

7. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    Yeay! I'm sure his ass is gonna be thrilled to be touched by Drew Brees' hands some more.

8. bossofbam

bossofbam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Alec Baldwin is a Grade A dickhead...but for some reason a lot of people still like him. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Anyone who leaves that kind of voicemail for their daughter is a vile human being. Hopefully, one day he really gets called out on his shit.

9. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I've listened to some of Alec's podcasts & he's actually a pretty good interviewer. And he's certainly more pleasing to the eye than a certain creepy pelican who shall remain nameless...

10. Martina

Martina New Member

Reputations:
    Oh, good catch. Alec is in with the SNL franchise, Lorne Michaels, et al....SNL wants to own Late Night. Howard kisses their ass and constantly has a parade of SNL stars into his show [those that will consent to do the Stern show]. Howard is desperate to be in that franchise, but all he can get is the gong show and a bestiality show for his wife.

11. bobartbooey

bobartbooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Plus he's quick on his feet, that is one thing Wiggy cannot overcome, he does not come off as "spontaneously funny" unless he has someone feeding him lines :jj:

12. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    they are both assholes. i guess alec is just the more charming asshole.

13. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Beth has to be wishing she would have spread for him during that interview she had with him.

14. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Difference being Mel attacked The Tribe so now its like a big auschwitz "never forget" type thing.

15. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    this

While I do think he's at least 1/3rd asshole, I think Baldwin would be a great choice for the gig.

more this

"wishing she would have"? She fantasized about Howard's death during that interview; she basically had her ankles pinned behind her ears for Alec.

16. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is 100% on the mark. When he blurts shit out of left field its usually Benjy scribble or something else prewritten. You know when Hank isn't reading and ACTUALLY trying to be spontaneous by when he gets derivative and repetitive, reverting to his tired old knock knock joke standbys ..

"He's so hot. Oops is this thing on?"
    "era... I'm Ted Kennedy"
    "Let me do some quick math"
    (Ben and Ray stern)..
    ...you know the rest.

17. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    Baldwin can't fake being humorous and the new 12:30 show will be originating in LA.

Sir Alec can probably handle the Carson Daly show, 30 minutes without having to be funny.

18. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Holy shit, Alec Baldwin is actually less likeable than Howard.... if that's possible.

NBC has no clue about talent. I'm surprised they never hired Robin for a (failed) project.

19. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Alec Baldwin is a liberal, so that's okay, particularly at NBC.

How about Tracy Morgan, which is even more glaring. If he wasn't an Obama supporting friend of Tina Fey his career in show business would be over due to his gay monologue last year

I mean, we are talking about a network whose Nightly News anchor (Brian Williams) is such a hard core democrat that he dropped out of college to campaign for and than work in the Carter whitehouse.

Nevertheless Alec could be a good host, he's always been good on snl and as a talkshow guest, plus the guy probably has a pretty big roledex.

20. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    At least Alec's daughter gets along with :quote: new mommy :quote:

[​IMG]