NBC moving AGT so it doesn't go up against x factor

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by nicksgt, Sep 5, 2012.

1. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    NBC and "The Voice" are making a ballsy move to put an end to "X Factor" -- the network just pulled a last minute sneak attack ... rearranging its programming schedule next week, so "The Voice" goes head-to-head with its main competition.

NBC just announced it would be adding a third episode to next week's line-up, scheduled to air Wednesday night -- at the exact same time "X Factor" is scheduled to premiere.

The first two episodes of "The Voice" will air Monday and Tuesday nights.

NBC had previously scheduled "America's Got Talent" for the Wednesday prime time spot, but the network must be feeling confident in the new season of "The Voice" ... so it made a quick swap.

In case you didn't know, tensions between the two shows have been running pretty high -- "X Factor" creator Simon Cowell recently directed a couple "X Factor" rejects to audition for "The Voice." Burn.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/05/the-voice-x-factor-schedule-head-to-head/#ixzz25e3qxgng

2. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Simons response

Simon Cowell is furious at NBC for trying to sandbag next week's premiere of "X Factor" by adding a Wednesday installment of "The Voice" ... declaring, "This is a cynical, cold-hearted, unprofessional way of doing business."

Simon tells TMZ, he thought he had a "gentleman's agreement" with NBC ... that "The Voice" would run Mondays and Tuesdays, and "X Factor" would run Wednesdays and Thursdays on FOX ... so fans could watch both.

Simon says NBC is turning on its own audience, forcing them to choose between Christina Aguilera's show and Britney Spears' new show. And speaking of them, Simon says, "Britney's not going to appreciate the fact that Christina -- who has been a bit of a rival -- isn't allowing Britney to have a night of her own."

Simon tells TMZ, he believes the move is as personal as it gets, because "The Voice" came to England and went head-to-head with Simon's show, "Britain's Got Talent" and got its ass kicked.

Simon says, "These guys really got it in for us. It's nothing short of dirty tricks."

Cowell adds, "The reason they've done this is they don't want people to see 'X Factor' because they've heard how good the series is. They don't want their audience to see Britney Spears. They don't want their audience to see Demi Lovato."

Simon says he doesn't think Britney knows yet, but when she finds out "She's going to be devastated because she's put her heart and soul into this."

As for Cowell, he says he's not scared, adding, "I can''t bear it that the network is playing political games and playing with the audience." Simon vows he's going to crush "The Voice" again.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/05/simon...fox-britney-spears-demi-lovato/#ixzz25e4F1F4c

3. Onehourphoto

Onehourphoto Maverick Gold

Reputations:
    I think it is more spefifically that NBC is NOT feeling confident at all in the ongoing dismal ratings of "America's Got Talent"

4. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    :wigtip::wigtip::wigtip::wigtip::wigtip::wigtip::wigtip::wigtip::wigtip::wigtip:

5. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i can't believe anyone really watches that shit.....and they wonder why the networks are losing viewers.

6. C.I.A-Hole

C.I.A-Hole Resident Jackass VIP

Reputations:
    But when are re-runs of NCIS on?

7. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Wiggy just taped a Letterman that will air tomorrow.
    I betcha he plugged AGT Tues & Weds.......for the amazing semi finals and finals.
    [​IMG]
    :lol:

8. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    NBC is pissing on Americas Judge....:jj:

9. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Exactly. All that scheduling confusion Howard complained about earlier was because NBC kept moving AGT so that it faced the weakest competition possible. They've known since week 1 that Howard was a fraud and a failure.

10. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's an epidemic of Wiggie fail.
    [​IMG]

11. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The big guns of fall programming are coming in and the little summer filler shows need to step aside.

[​IMG]

12. bobartbooey

bobartbooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Great find! :beer:

My cable guide hasn't updated yet, is the gist that instead of running a repeat of AGT at 8pm, they are putting in a new episode of "The Voice"? AGT Final Performances seems to be scheduled for an hour at 9pm.

I was looking forward to the ratings where wiggy/AGT would have been slaughtered by the premiere of "The X-Factor"

13. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's a good thing NBC already asked him to come back derp

14. bobartbooey

bobartbooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You always kill me my pup! :jj:

Only if the producer that is a "lifelong Howard fan" has some compromising pics of some very higher ups. Guy sounded like a kid, and the Comcast sword that cut the Leno staff is going to be looking at this show's costs closely... one would imagine they are going to have to give ad rebates/buy-backs for the dismal AGT ratings this season

15. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Howie-fail again.
    [​IMG]

16. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    I hope Britney crushes "The Wig" . . .