NE society tearing at the seams a little?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SouthernListen, Nov 1, 2012.

1. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Gas wars, lol

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-fistfights-guns-gas-stations-shortages-Sandy

How hard is it to buy half a dozen 5 gal plastic cans and keep them rotated with fresh gas? Live like sheep, die like sheep.

They'd better get used to it. This is nothing compared to when the US dollar eventually bites the dust and it's not gas but food people are fighting over. Anyone who has any sense and who can manage it would be advised to bug out before then. People in tiny 500' apartments miles away from outside sources can't exactly store up things they'll need to get through a period of economic disruption. Modern society is very fragile

2. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    can we blame Obama for not driving gas trucks into the city himself?

[​IMG]

3. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Actually, I think people are way too spoiled and complaining too early. It's only been a few days and they're already acting like someone is doing something wrong. I spent a couple of weeks TWICE in '04 with no power due to hurricanes. A week after power came back on the second storm hit. $@$#@!$#$ !

If they think cold nights are a bitch, they should try 98 degrees and 100% humidity with no power for a week or two. If you open a window you'll be inundated with mosquitos through the screens. And as it dried out, there was a plague of frogs, literally. Tens of thousands of them.

I coasted because I had gasoline, food, water, a chainsaw, and a truck. Probably 2 hours of "prepping". Our street was cleared by homeowners before the authorities even got out that far. Closer in where people tend live a tad differently, they were standing in lines all day for jugs of water. WATER! You can't fill a bathtub up and seal the drain with tape? You can't fill old coke bottles with water before the power goes out? If you need to be able to drive somewhere urgently you can't stock up? Sheep, they're sheep I say.

I still have batteries left over from that.

4. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Drawback of living in a metropolis. If shit ever hits the fan like you suggest even many of the best laid plans will be undone by the unforeseen.

5. CowboyX

CowboyX Member

Reputations:
    Only one guy gets to be Mad Max...and he eats dog food...so your best bet is to die quickly.