Nearly naked rape victim left outside as frightened homeowners call 911

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Jul 12, 2013.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

(CNN) -- A Florida couple declined to answer the door just before midnight when a nearly naked woman knocked and screamed she had just been raped.
    Rather, the homeowners called 911 Monday night.
    The couple inside the home refused to let the woman in because they said they were afraid to open their door. In the 911 call, the woman can be heard pleading in the background. The distressed couple begged police to hurry. Their home is in an isolated area, and the couple feared for their safety if they opened the door.
    It took about 11 minutes for police to arrive.
    A subsequent investigation led to an arrest of a suspect and prompted the spokesman of the DeLand Police Department to remark that "unfortunately fear dictates the response anymore not knowing if (you're) being set up for other criminal activity."
    Police spokesman Lt. Jack Wales added that if citizens are uncomfortable opening the door to someone seeking help, "tell the person to calm down, you are calling 911 now," Wales said in a statement.

2. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I can't listen to that. Just too horrible I imagine. No woman should have to go through that. Ugh I'm out.

3. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    By the way, I'd love to kick that born loser pathetic rapist ass and when he's trying to catch that last breath...kick the shit out of him some more.

4. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
  5. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:
    Sadly, I had something similar happen to me. Well, not the rape bit.

Literally about 200 yards from my house, a few winters ago around 11 pm, my sister and I took a corner a little too fast during the winter, hit ice and sideswiped a railroad crossing pole. Car was totalled, and in trying to get out I couldn't find my cell phone, so I went to the nearby house of a farmer's family (one that I have known for YEARS) and asked to call the police. They saw me all scraped up and disheveled and, despite knowing me, wouldn't let me in and called the cops for me.

Had to sit out in the fucking dead of winter (near midnight, even) for 20 minutes while waiting for the police because they wouldn't let us in. The goddamned wreck was basically on their lawn, so we were OBVIOUSLY not scamming, but noOOOooooOooO, can't let the victims in to stay warm.

6. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Unfortunately - in this day and age, I can't really say I blame the family. You don't know who this person is. It could easily be a ploy - some meth'd up couple has some ruse where the chick gets naked and cries rape to get a door open and ambush a family. Get the family to the front door while the house is ran-sacked in the back. They called the police. I don't necessarily disagree with how they handled it, sad to say.

7. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    My aunt and uncle live out in the High Desert of L.A. County, now it's heavily populated, but back in the 60's and 70's it was no mans land where they lived. Their nearest neighbors were about a 1/4 mile away. Ironically, my uncle was a L.A. Sheriff, so he was always gone in the evening. My aunt and cousins would tell us about spooky shit that would happen including people coming to the door late at night. I'll never forget when she said a young gal was begging for help and that she needed to come in and call her family because she was all alone. It went on and on and my aunt said that she'll make the call, she begged that she needed to do it, and my aunt just refused. Finally she walked away, after going to another window, she could see her walk down a ways. Then a car came real slow and stopped, she jumped in and then a couple guys walked out of the dark and climbed in too and they drove away. This happening just a few years after the Manson murders, who know what their intentions were??

8. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    this. there are too many weird things happening in this world. she could have been the bait and once they opened the door her accomplice could have rushed in.

9. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Florida couple did the right thing by calling 911. It was their right to let the girl inside or not, so any outsider criticizing their decision is dumb.
    Some people might not have even called the Five-0 for her.

10. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    We'd open the door.

Harry: "Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here?" Robber: "Who's we sucker?" Harry: "Smith and Wesson and me."

11. DaBUU

DaBUU Active Member

Reputations:
    I agree

12. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't open the door either. Too many animals prey on people's civilized responses. You always get fucked in the end for being decent these days.

13. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I stopped in a small Tennessee town today were back on the eighties two fuck ups used a chick as bait when their piece of shit hoopty broke down. She flags this teenager down for help and when he stopped these two asswipes jump out and beat the shit out of the kid and then take him off and torture him for hours before killing him, Cutting out his heart and eating it between the three of them........It can happen ANYWHERE!!!!

14. Scooter

Scooter Active Member

Reputations:
    Nice bikes. I'm an owner too. & in the industry.

15. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    You never let people in your house, especially if they're frantic and hysterical.

16. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

then I would never let anyone in my family into my house

17. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    lol, I hear ya, bud.

18. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The neighborhood I'm in now had a rash of 4 broad daylight home invasions in a 10 day period about 2 years ago.

A 10ish year old kid would knock on the door. Sometimes asking for help, sometimes had a paper in his hand saying he was selling something for school or cub scouts, when the owner opened the door 2-3 Hispanic dudes would rush in, beat up whoever was in the house, steal a bunch of expensive shit and then run out the back into the fields or woods. They only hit houses on the perimeter that backed up to fields or woods.

They never caught them and except for an occasional high school kid doing something stupid it's been quiet here ever since.

19. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    At the least I'd have thrown her something to cover up with. Let her in? Hard call. Instinct would say yes, I mean how often do you get gifted with a naked woman at your door?

20. jokeland

jokeland Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I would have let her in the basement to keep the other girl chained up down there company.