WTF Need an opinion..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Chrisboom, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Chrisboom

Chrisboom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard related because he has kids..
    -a couple I know (girl and guy) have a 4 yr old boy. Last month the guy calls 911 for domestic violence , cops come and take her for a scratch on his face. She was released from jail with no charge for an "insufficient complaint". He gets a restraining order for him and their son, so he can have an upper hand in custody case. She has never had any history of violence. He claims she is an "unfit" parent and that's she's crazy..blah..blah.
    They both have lawyers now. Last year he gave her his old cell phone because he got a new one. The other day ,she found old sent texts, of him talking about hash, doing hash , selling and mailing hash to his friend out of state .
    My question for my Dawg Shed homey's is:
    Isn't this guy fucked now in this case?
    Her lawyer says this will destroy his case in court to be the fit parent . And it's a federal crime to mail drugs. Her lawyer says if he doesn't settle before trial , that her lawyer will destroy him..
    Won't this guy get in trouble if he even thinks about walking up to a judge with all this dirt on him if he goes to court?
    What judge would give a guy full custody to (for all purposes)..a drug dealer ?

2. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:
    I think Ill stick to giving advice to Isabella. A lot less complicated. Thank you for the opportunity to submit an opinion.

WHTHS, lovetalkradio, Dlist and 11 others like this.
  3. knuckle_hedd

knuckle_hedd loving life!

Reputations:
    Both girl and guy will lose...lawyers will take all the money and will be the winners...kids will be traumatised by the money draining custody battle and will double lose..

4. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...your friend can say he was just playing along with the guy on the other end, that he never did any hash or planned to sell or mail any hash. then if i was him id stop smoking anything so he can tell the court that hes willing to take a drug test to prove his point and challenges his beloved to do the same.

MilkyDischarge likes this.
  5. Chrisboom

Reputations:
    I do agree that most judges now give joint custody.
    And yes..you're correct. Nobody really "wins" and you are now out a lot of money .

Gusbuss likes this.
  6. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The guy sounds like he's fucked, and an idiot.

7. The Finklestein Kid

The Finklestein Kid Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Breaking up is hard to do.

Dan and Brokenbad like this.
  8. Chrisboom

Reputations:
    Yeah..I guess he could do that.
    But..big picture , a judge is going to know he's full of shit

9. freds

freds you broke it VIP

Reputations:
    no tag, no thread.

THREAD CLOSED!

O Face, Time Bandit and Mr Cachexic like this.
  10. knuckle_hedd

knuckle_hedd loving life!

Reputations:
    Difficult to prove these allegations anyway...even with text messages discussing it...judges need proof...just imagine some of the allegations that have been tossed around in the history of divorces...the lawyers get the clients all spun up for no other reason than to keep them on the line like fish and reel in all their cash...

youthless likes this.
  11. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...a judge isnt going to like either one of them. whats important is the best interest of the kid. shes violent and hes a laid back happy smoker. wait until he gets asked "how will you take care of your son" a question they would never ask the mom. like i said volunteering to take a drug test to prove hes not a hash head will go a long way to quash what she thinks is important evidence. also a kid even as young as your friends kid can say who he wants to be with. usually kids that young pick their mom. family court is a real drag.

Mr Cachexic likes this.
  12. Chrisboom

Reputations:
    I'm sure he could get out of the actual "crime" for the drugs, because their is no proof....but..the evidence that's he's sold and done them, with regards to their son, can't help his side of the case much.

13. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...i was my own lawyer in my divorce and custody. when i had a lawyer i lost everything. when i fired the lawyer and took the case myself i got sole legal and physical custody of all 5 of my kids plus a child support award. i dont envy your friend but unless hes got a lot of money to spend nobody is going to fight as hard for his kid as he is himself. i wasnt worried about my reputation around the courthouse like a lawyer going there everyday is. i even threw 1 judge off the bench in a peremptory challenge, something a local yahoo is not going to do.

14. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :winner:

R.P. McMurphy likes this.
  15. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dont ya ever hear judge judy its hear say

16. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So that's why I didn't get my hash in the mail!

17. Mr Cachexic

Mr Cachexic Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    sounds like the kid loses either way so far

18. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...i dont know what state your friend is in but if he has temporary custody right now he could move and change the venue for court proceedings making it harder for her to get to court and mount a fight. my divorce was in california and the law there says that "custody hearings will be held in the county of legal residence of the minor children" this is the ONLY time a civil case can change venue. i would look into that if i were your friend.

MAEROZE likes this.
  19. Chrisboom

Reputations:
    They are both in Ca also.
    I told both of them that nobody is going to walk away winning. He's just trying to get out of child support, because he's not paying any, and she is taking him to court over that too.
    I believe that they'll get joint custody, he'll have to pay child support, he'll have to pee in a cup once a month and she'll have to take an anger class ...and they'll both be out 10 grand that they've paid for attorneys .

20. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...as far as child support goes shes half a parent too. he needs to argue that being a mother parent is not an annuity and ask the court how much of any child support is she paying. see thats the problem, they tag men with support but what is the other half contributing. funny how when it comes to money the man is paying 100% of the support when the kid had TWO parents so id be sure to ask what is she contributing.

Hankjones likes this.