Stern Show Never Forget: Howard Stern Lost his Lawsuit Twice!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tired, Apr 20, 2016.

1. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Never Forget: Howard Stern Lost his Lawsuit Twice

http://makeupisaripoff.blogspot.com/2014/06/never-forget-howard-stern-lost-his.html

I'm not a lawyer, nor am I a beagle, and yet I could smell this money grab from a mile away. Howard Stern was suing Sirius for 300 million dollars for subscription bonuses he said he was owed when Sirius and XM merged.

Did I want to believe the self proclaimed "most honest man in show business" could be capable of a money grab? No I did not want to believe it, but a 300 million dollar law suit filed against a company that you just resigned with (for approximately 80 million dollars a year for a three day work week + lots of vacation time) a few short months prior (after a 100 million dollar four day work week contract) really got me thinking. How could they be ripping him off? How much money could he have possibly generated for Sirus (now SiriusXM) that he is owed more than the alleged 800+ million he's signed for. Did he really generate over a billion dollars of revenue for Sirius?

Not only that, but the timing was suspicious. If a company was dishonest enough not to pay you what was in the contract why would you resign? Answer: a) because they are the only ones wealthy and stupid enough to pay for his bloated salary b) they would probably just settle before it even went to court. During the Leno/Conan feud Howard said Leno shouldn't act like NBC's little bitch, and walk away and start a new Late Night show on a different network not take a 10pm slot. With that logic, why wouldn't Howard walk away when he was being mistreated?

For every million-something milestone number of subscribers contractually agreed on to Sirius radio Howard was to be paid a handsome $75 million dollar bonus. Howard had already triggered one bonus but had not reached any other milestones until Sirius and XM merged. Howard said it didn't matter if they listened to him or not, he got paid those bonuses just on total number of subscribers. When the two companies merged Howard got a $25 million dollar meger bonus which he didn't even acknowledge at first and when he finally did he insulted his audience by calling it "25 dollars" (seriously, fuck off Howard)! They offered a new package to XM subscribers when the two companies merged that was a "best of" deal for a small fee that included Howard's show but not many people paid extra to listen to him. Okay, so he is entited to subscriber bonuses, one which he triggered already, and claims he is a "partner" (even though he dumped Sirius stock as soon as he could and lost a ton of money when the stock went back up) and now SiriusXM has over 10 million subscribers, he's like "bitch, where's my money"?

This started a big debate among fans on what a " new subscriber" is. Howard would then always start the shows with "is this one company or two"? I get his point; but these subscribers came from a merger (not NEW subscribers). I do not think XM subscribers were NEW subscribers...they were current subscribers to the competition who got brought in. But this merger was more like a takeover since Sirius was the dominant company in the merger. Anyways, it doesn't matter, the point is XM subscribers are not "new". Did Howard put Sirius in a better position to be the dominanting company in this merger? Yes, definitely. But did he trigger all those performance bonuses, in my opinion, no. Both companies joined to survive so it's not like they were even doing well, they had to merge out of necessity. Also, Howard was paid for his help with the $25 million dollar bonus.

As an aside, Howard pushed for the merger on his show. Fans thought it was weird he cared so much but it all came to make sense when he sued! He has always been upfront about not feeling comfortable discussing his finances on the show which I can understand (he thinks we think that a man with three homes, a personal hair stylist who gets driven around in a limosine is an average working guy). But, he out and out lied that he has nothing to gain by the merger, he obviously thought he'd be having (and this sickens me he even said this) an "Oprah moment" with a $300 million bonus.

He spoke about the lawsuit on his show telling all the sychophants in the studio that all the judge has to do is read the contract and it clearly states he is entitled to the money. He said he's the most honest man in show business and he wouldn't even pick up $20 off the street cause it's not his money. With this bravado of certainty about winning it was a shock that the ruling came back not in his favour and with prejuidice meaning the judge felt strongly it was bullshit. She said even if you included people who bought the afore mentioned package offered to XM subscribers to hear his show, it still wouldn't have triggered another milestone to reach a subscription bonus.

Howard never sounded more stupid (apart from talking about Dr.Sarno) then when he said the judge is a jealous woman who read the contract at night when she was tired, while she was menstrating, had kids distracting her and was appalled by his reputation so she ruled against him out of spite. Lol, denial much? According to him this judge gets appealed all the time, right Robin?

Howard appealed and lost proving the judge's initial ruling was correct. These court proceedings made a lot of his contract public and it got me thinking about when Howard first left Krock and Les Moonves sued him. I was led to believe Les was totally in the wrong, but thinking back Howard was building up his first $75 million dollar bonus that he reached for Sirius subscribers that started when he signed and with Sirius almost a year before he arrived there. He promoted his big move to sattelite while on Krock airwaves and essentially was being paid by two competing companies.

I think Howard knew he was not entitled to $300 million plus $30 million for his agent (yes, Sirius pays his agent the %10 it doesn't come out of his pay ). My guess is he thought they would settle for half and he'd be happy with $150 millon of free money. Howard Stern is a greedy asshole.

2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
  3. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Good God tldr

But you're not wrong. His rants about it were lula.

codeine and tired like this.
  4. ninifunkhauser

ninifunkhauser Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That kid def 3rd degreed himself on that one. :backlol:

5. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  6. snowdog212

snowdog212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    And Sirius threw him a million dollar Bday bash after that. They deserve each other

cah155, kingship, DinnerSocks and 8 others like this.
  7. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    make up is a rip off?

ARM likes this.
  8. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
  9. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    This was a hard-hitting short-lived blog. :grad:

tired likes this.
  10. Fillmore Fingers

Fillmore Fingers Sandy Vag Banned User

Reputations:
    For fuck's sake, people.

RE-SIGN vs. RESIGN

Look in a fucking dictionary before you post anything. That being said,
    :dj:

11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    The pizza 'spatula" thing needs to be smaller.

12. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Marboes!

DiamondGoddess and tired like this.
  13. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Never heard of it.

How does someone stumble upon this? "Howard+lawsuit+bullshit" on Google?

tired likes this.
  14. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    God bless you Barb.

[​IMG]

cah155, DinnerSocks, Mugsy and 16 others like this.
  15. joe361

joe361 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I were their boss I wouldn't know where to start when I called them into the office for a dressing-down. But as the boss I wouldn't have such a stupid spatula.

Caldwell and Jayla like this.
  16. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    thats almost what i did!

i googled howards comments about the merger and it pulled up

17. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    America's judge denies the cash grab and was upheld on appeal.

18. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shouldn't that be:

He's white.

He's Asian.

He's black.

:sarcastic:

WillyBest likes this.
  19. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thats what happens when you use that small ass shitty peel.

20. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wish there was a way she could've sued Howard for calling her a jealous, spiteful woman who read his contract when she was tired, menstruating and distracted by her kids, and whose rulings are appealed all the time.