New Affluenza Case: Son shot hedge fund-founder dad after arguing over allowance

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by zerokarma, Jan 6, 2015.

1. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ounder_discovered_in_manhattan_apartment.html

[​IMG]

NEW YORK—A man shot his hedge fund founder father to death inside his apartment near the United Nations headquarters after they argued over the son’s allowance, police said Monday.

Thomas Gilbert Jr. was arrested on charges of murder and criminal possession of a weapon in the death of Thomas Gilbert Sr. He was being held pending arraignment, and the law office representing him had no comment.

Police said Gilbert Jr. went to his parents’ home on Manhattan’s East Side on Sunday and asked his mother to go out to get him some food. About 15 minutes later, she got a “bad feeling” and went back, said Robert Boyce, chief of detectives for the New York Police Department.

“She found Senior on the floor with a bullet hole in the head,” Boyce said. “She also found a gun resting on his chest with his left hand covering it.”

But Boyce said it was a staged suicide — his son was trying to cover up the killing.

Officers went to Gilbert Jr.’s West Side apartment, where they found magazines, loose bullets and a shell that matched the gun found at the scene, police said.

Gilbert Jr., 30, was in debt and had argued with his father, 70, over his allowance, police said.

In 2011, Gilbert Sr., a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Business School, founded Wainscott Capital Partners Fund, which has $200 million in assets. Industry publication Hedge Fund Alert said the fund had a net return of nearly 25 per cent in 2012.

Gilbert Jr. also attended Princeton, graduating in 2009 with a degree in economics. Authorities said he had no recent work history.

Gilbert Sr. worked on Wall Street for more than 40 years, according to his profile on Wainscott’s website, and he previously co-founded Syzygy Therapeutics, a biotech asset acquisition fund. He also was founder and CEO of an online teacher education company called Knowledge Delivery Systems Inc.

Wainscott, which invests in biotechnology and health care stocks, had no immediate comment Monday. The fund focuses on stocks traded on large exchanges like the Nasdaq and New York Stock Exchange, and the minimum amount for investors is $500,000.

“We’re not cowboys,” Gilbert Sr. said in a November interview with the publicationFINalternatives. “People say, ‘This guy can be up 40 per cent but then he can be down 40 per cent.’ We would rather be up 20 per cent and not have any down months or down years.”

The shooting was a rare act of violence in the Sutton Place neighbourhood, a wealthy enclave just north of the United Nations.

Neighbour Pierre Gazarian remembered Gilbert as “incredibly courteous, elegant,” and praised his “civility (and) caring.”

“In a building in New York City, a lot of people barely say hello to each other,” Gazarian said. “That makes the loss for some of us that much more painful.”

Gilbert Jr. has a pending criminal case in the town of Southampton, on eastern Long Island.

Gilbert Jr., who has an address in the hamlet of Wainscott, was arrested Sept. 18 on a charge of criminal contempt. Southampton town police say he violated an order of protection issued in Brooklyn in June. Police say he confronted a man named Peter N. Smith at Sagg Main Beach in Sagaponack on Sept. 1. He has pleaded not guilty and has a Feb. 2 court date scheduled.

DogStar69, ZosoHitler and smichal like this.
  2. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  3. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well I guess money doesn't make life any less tragic.

Still would like to have a ton of it so I could just gawk around and do nothing.

Mulletude and Turkeyneck like this.
  4. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    30 years old and a Princeton graduate and the shithead needs an allowance.....what a pathetic little fag.

5. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    Is that Tyler Breeze?

[​IMG]

6. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm browsing Dawg's from my cell room now

Mulletude and Pooh bear like this.
  7. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    allowance at age 30? :spit:

1Vegasgirl, Stag, blindbella and 2 others like this.
  8. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    I'll bet George W. Bush was still getting an allowance when he was 30.

9. Petal

Petal A girl in a sea of mults VIP

Reputations:
    This. He's a loser and his parents enabled him to be one.

10. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't want to defend this guy because he obviously sucks but this is what can happen when you spoil your kids too much. the guy was 30 and probably never worked a day in his life and was accustomed to this fancy NYC life and then his dad who probably enabled him his whole life was going to pull the plug on him. of course he's going to react like a little kid

Birddog, AmishGirl and Pooh bear like this.
  11. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    definitely will be raped in prison.

John Mahlin, blindbella and Petal like this.
  12. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    Would our Beth Stern date him?
    Your thoughts?

13. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

fixed

Turkeyneck and blindbella like this.
  14. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    what a dumb shit :jj:

15. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know a lot of middle class parents that are doing the same thing with their grown ass kids...paying all their bills, paying for their healthcare, paying for their auto insurance, paying their gas, letting them live at home for nothing and not working. This is not just a wealthy kids problem anymore. This is what happens when you never discipline your kid and want to be their "friend" instead of parenting them...I have seen it with a number of people I know. Entitlement is everywhere these days.

16. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope so. :pray:

17. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    As someone that has worked for EVERYTHING... not sure if I am angry at these fucks for being lazy or Im just jealous.

Probably both.

AmishGirl and Mack29 like this.
  18. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:
    Blow ain't cheap.

Mulletude likes this.
  19. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's astounding. It's true, I live w/my Mother, but it's for her benefit as well as mine, and I pay for 1/2 of all the bills ... and I work. And I've never asked her for money. In fact, I offered my parents money once when I thought they needed it!

SomerSky, Blur, Dreamking and 3 others like this.
  20. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yep.

[​IMG]

Dreamking likes this.