New Black Sabbath

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ItsAWholeThing, Jun 11, 2013.

1. ItsAWholeThing

ItsAWholeThing Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do we like?

[video=youtube;wVfUimq2KeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wVfUimq2KeI#![/video]

2. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    The album is better than Megadeth's 'Super Collider', however 'God is Dead' is the only track that i've played the most.
    Overall 6/10

3. ItsAWholeThing

Reputations:
    i was pleasantly surprised,end of beginning is good too

4. SEGA

Reputations:
    I personally prefer ozzy's solo career than his days with Sabbath.
    The chemistry he had with Rhoads is one for the ages, Crazy Train, Suicide Solution, Mr Crowley, I Don't know, Diary Of A Madman, Believer.
    Also loved his days with Jake E Lee 'Bark at the Moon' and Zakk Wylde 'No more tears, miracle man, Bloodbath in Paradise, Mr Tinkertrain...

That bass line and solo on No More Tears is epic!

[video=youtube;hnFEDZJke1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFEDZJke1c[/video]

5. ItsAWholeThing

Reputations:
    zakk wylde is awesome and of course randy rhoads but in this day an age of crap music this is pretty good.Megadeth and metallica should go away they both suck now

6. ElRexican

ElRexican Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    since we mentioned megadeth...

[video=youtube;zo2rRtswvTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo2rRtswvTs[/video]

i must be getting old... new sabbath and megadeth are okay but feel like previous stuff was much much better

7. SEGA

Reputations:
    Hell Yeah!!!1 :juggalo:

[video=youtube;JTMN6pqCMbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMN6pqCMbw[/video]

8. ItsAWholeThing

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;YCjspyo-_aI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCjspyo-_aI[/video]

9. ItsAWholeThing

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;IA0kx9ZbOzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA0kx9ZbOzI[/video]

10. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum

Reputations:
    New Megadeth ranks right up there with Risk and The World Needs a Hero as some of the worst shit they've ever released. The lyrics are especially ridiculous.
    Sabbath... while better than that last album they did with Dio (and I prefer Dio over Ozzy) on first listen, just about every song reminds me of a classic Sabbath song I've already heard a million times.

So on the whole, not haarrible like the recent Aaarrowsmith (as Wiggy pronounces it) but I can't see myself going back to either one of these. They'll be deleted after another listen or two. I'll stick to Sabotage, Vol. 4, Mob Rules, Peace Sells, Rust in peace, Bark at the moon, Book of shadows and uhh, things of this nature.

11. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    God Bless Uncle O. Dig the new tune.

12. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum

Reputations:
    New Iggy & Stooges > Sabbath/Megadouche.

13. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    needed more nietzsche.

[​IMG]

14. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    Its OK. I'll buy it just for the sake of having every Sabbath album with Ozzy. I'm not crazy about it-to me it doesn't sound like Sabbath. It sounds like Ozzy with a different band. And as a huge Geezer butler fan I am disappointed with his sound. I liked his fuzzed out, blown speaker sound from the earlier albums. Now his bass sounds like Jason newsteads on the Black album. Too compressed and twangy.

15. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like "The End of the Beginning" a lot, but overall I was pretty disappointed with the album.

It's no surprise. The last two albums Ozzy did with Sabbath (Technical Ecstasy, Never Say Die) were terrible, save for a couple songs, so "13" simply continues that tradition.

16. fredrogers

fredrogers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I must be insane. I really, really am enjoying it. Start to finish, it's a great album.

17. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    What I've heard so far I like. Very "classic" Sabbath sounding while still sounding somewhat modern. For fuck's sake, these guys are in their 60s - if you're expecting Master Of Reality II it ain't happening, but for what it is I appreciate the fact that they're even putting out an album in the first place and Tony has proved yet again that he is the undisputed master of heavy riffs. I wish Bill Ward was playing on it, but other than that I can't really complain so far. Can't wait to see them in August!

IMHO, Sabbath with Ozzy>Ozzy solo>Sabbath with Dio

18. WonderWarthog

WonderWarthog Re-Member VIP

Reputations:
    Doesn't swing without Ward. And yes, that's actually important in a Sab record. Also, they need to get rid of that shitty effect on Ozzy's voice, that's totally his solo schtick, doesn't belong in Sab

19. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    God I hated Bark at the moon. Too fucking commercial compared to Diary and Blizzard. Thinking about it, I haven't really liked anything Ozzy did post Randy. The new Sabbath stuff is classic sabbath at least. Like it was pointed out above, all the songs sound like older songs already done, but when it's THAT sound I can give it a pass. Not like when Boston released their last album which sounded exactly like their other albums.

20. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:

This stuff and the stuff on the "Reunion" album sound way more like solo Ozzy than Sabbath. I liked it fine, but its hard for bands to re-create old sounds and equal them. I saw them in Tokyo last month and they sounded great with Tommy Klufetos. I doubt Ward had the chops to play with the band anymore. The good thing about the new songs is nobody cared about them and then as a short guy, I could actually snap great pictures of the band:rolleye:

That being said, Camera Obscura has perfected the art of releasing the same album again and again and making it worth buying.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013