News New disclosures about Co-Pilot Andy Lubitz!!!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Mar 28, 2015.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Killer pilot Andreas Lubitz told an ex-lover he was planning an act so heinous his name would be remembered for ever, it was sensationally claimed last night.

Lubitz was a tormented, erratic man who was a master of hiding his darkest thoughts and would wake up from nightmares screaming ‘we’re going down’, the former partner said.

The 26-year-old Germanwings stewardess, known only as Maria W, revealed to a German newspaper how Lubitz ominously told her last year: ‘One day I will do something that will change the whole system, and then all will know my name and remember it.’

When she heard about the crash of Germanwings Flight 4U9525 on Tuesday, she remembered Lubitz’s menacing prophecy. ‘I never knew what he meant, but now it makes sense,’ she told Bild.

Maria told the newspaper that she met Lubitz when the pair flew together across Europe and said they dated for five months last year, spending 'several nights' in hotels.

She said he was a 'nice and open-minded' man but claimed there was a difference between his professional and his private ego, with him being 'soft' and needing love when the couple were alone but becoming 'someone else' when they talked about work.

She added to Bild: 'We spoke a lot about work and then he became another person. He became agitated about the circumstances in which he had to work, too little money, anxiety about his contract and too much pressure.'

His personal problems and erratic behaviour became so severe that the flight attendant decided to call the relationship off after fearing his increasingly volatile temper.

'During conversations he'd suddenly throw a tantrum and scream at me,' she said. 'I was afraid. He even once locked me in the bathroom for a long time.'

Despite parting from Lubitz, Maria said previous conversations with him suddenly 'made sense' when she heard about the crash.

She said: ‘When I heard about the crash, there was just a tape playing in my head of what he said, “One day I will do something that will change the system and everyone will then know my name and remember me”.

‘I did not know what he meant by that at the time, but now it’s clear.’

She said he had 'never really' spoken to her about any illness but had told her he was getting psychiatric treatment.

She added: 'The torn up sick notes make sense now to me and were a clear sign that he did not want to admit that his big dream of flying as a captain was over.'

It also emerged that Lubitz was familiar with the area of the French Alps where he brought down the Airbus A320, having previously completed a gliding course there.

Unusually, he had worked as a flight attendant for nearly a year before becoming a pilot, which led to teasing from his colleagues.

As investigators continue to scour his complicated background, it also emerged that the fitness fanatic was receiving treatment for his mental health issues and apparently feared his flying licence would be taken away if his airline learned the extent of his psychological breakdown.

At least one of the medical certificates found by investigators covered Tuesday, the day Lubitz locked his captain out of the cockpit and calmly crashed the aircraft. Reports in Germany last night claimed that two doctors had signed him off sick on the day of the disaster.

More sick notes are said to have covered other days when he flew despite being told not to. But police said they found no suicide note in a five-hour search.

Speaking to MailOnline tonight, a Germanwings spokesman stressed the company was unaware of any medical notes and said it had been Lubitz's responsibility to tell his employers he was unfit to fly.

Described as a man whose life-long obsession had been to become a pilot, it has been suggested he may have feared his flying licence might not be renewed on medical grounds. One friend said he 'would have died' if he had not passed his flying exams.

The disclosures will raise more questions for Lufthansa, the parent company of Germanwings, as to how he was allowed to fly a passenger jet when he was known to suffer from depression – and to have suffered burnout and mental illness.

Unusually, Lubitz’s file with the German Civil Aviation Authority had been ‘flagged’ with the warning that he needed regular psychological assessment before being allowed to continue to fly.

Lawyers believe the families of victims could win up to £100million in a joint action against Lufthansa and Germanwings, which had claimed Lubitz was ‘100 per cent fit to fly’ but then admitted he slipped through their safety net.

Belgian Christian Driessens, whose brother Claude died in the crash, said: ‘I don’t understand how a serious company can let a depressed man pilot a plane.’ Police have ruled out any religious or political motive for the crash.

Ralf Herrenbrueck, of the German prosecutors office, said yesterday that torn-up sick notes ‘support the current preliminary assessment that the deceased hid his illness from his employer and colleagues’.

He said seized documents indicated ‘an existing illness and appropriate medical treatment’.

Police are investigating whether Lubitz had stopped taking any medication he was on. As well as having been signed off from training with depression in 2008 and suffering a ‘depressive episode’ in 2009, it was reported that Lubitz had continued to receive mental health support right up until this week’s crash.

He had been described as ‘unflyable’ while at flying school and had been downgraded on several occasions due to depression. He had received psychiatric treatment for an 18-month period, according to reports.

Lubitz seemed overwhelmed by stress after he started his pilot training course with Lufthansa, said the boss of fast food restaurant where he had previously worked.

Airline bosses stressed last night that Lubitz had not presented the company with a sick note for last Tuesday – and it had not known he had been signed off.

A passenger on the outbound flight from Dusseldorf to Barcelona, which is believed to have had Lubitz on board, questioned today why the co-pilot didn't down that flight instead.

Michael, 45, said he saw the pilot leave the cockpit during the 6.45am flight for a toilet break.

He told Bild: 'I sat in the fifth row. I could see the front of the plane. The toilet behind the cockpit was apparently out of order, I could see the red light flashing throughout the flight.

'A man over 40, probably the pilot, in a grey V neck sweater came through the curtain. He went through the plane probably to the rear toilet.

'After an estimated three to five minutes he came back and again opened the cockpit door.'

He said he didn't see the co-pilot during the flight but described the journey as 'unobtrusive and 'normal'.

Lubitz, a keen half-marathon runner, grew up in the small town of Montabaur where his businessman father and piano teacher mother owned an imposing detached property, worth some £330,000.

A friend said: ‘For him there was ever only one goal – to fly. It was a dream he had had since primary school. His room was plastered with pictures of planes and the Lufthansa logo could be seen everywhere. Pictures of old planes, new planes, of the largest planes – everywhere you could see aviation stuff.’

The airline that allowed Andreas Lubitz to fly could face compensation claims of tens of millions of pounds, it emerged last night.

Lufthansa – which owns the budget carrier Germanwings – is offering immediate aid of up to 50,000 euros (£36,500) per passenger to relatives, it was revealed yesterday.

But families of the 149 victims may launch a ‘class action’ for compensation which could see the airline involved in lawsuits for years.

Airlines are automatically liable to pay up to £105,000 for each death under the 1999 Montreal Convention – an international agreement on compensation for aviation disasters. But victims’ relatives can make much bigger claims if they can prove they have suffered losses as a result of the crash. In order to reject the demands, the airline must prove that it was not negligent or a third party was responsible – which could be difficult for Germanwings as there is evidence that Lubitz crashed on purpose.

Airline spokesman Thomas Jachnow confirmed a report on Lufthansa’s offer by German daily Tagesspiegel. The airline had not previously detailed the level of the payments to relatives, which are separate from eventual compensation claims.

Lufthansa CEO Carsten Spohr had said earlier that the airline would ‘honour international arrangements regulating liability’, and noted that the company already has offered immediate financial aid to anyone requiring help.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tmares-shouting-going-down.html#ixzz3VgK4AZdn
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Lubitz seemed overwhelmed by stress after he started his pilot training course with Lufthansa, said the boss of fast food restaurant where he had previously worked.
    [​IMG]

cetiya, AmishGirl and kingship like this.
  3. aerostern

aerostern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The human factor is something that u can't control, I bet now there will be more screening of pilots...

Shamrock12 likes this.
  4. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jee-zus :surprised:

Mulletude likes this.
  5. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    Man I wished I belived there was a Hell so I could think of him in it.

6. AbeVigoda

AbeVigoda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was speaking to my friend in Germany about this yesterday and she said that none of the newspapers or German television stations are showing this guy's photo or even mentioning his full name. Sometimes they just say "Andreas L." but never reveal his last name, and they haven't been discussing these other issues (mental health, doctors notes, etc).

Kind of ridiculous how German society tries to just bury and hide anything that makes them looks bad *cough* Nazis *cough*

AmishGirl likes this.
  7. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    Police will want to interview the air stewardess in detail about the pilot’s state of mind, as well as his most recent girlfriend who he is said to have lived with in a smart flat on the outskirts of Dusseldorf. One report claimed they had been together on and off for seven years and were engaged and planned to marry next year.

Lubitz had reportedly ordered two new Audis for them just before the tragedy in an apparent desperate last attempt to win her back. But she appeared to have rejected his offer, as only one car was ever delivered.

It comes amid claims that their relationship broke down because he was secretly gay and was suffering torment over hiding his homosexuality. One report claimed he was taunted by fellow pilots for previously being a 'trolley dolly' airline steward and dubbed 'Tomato Andy' - a derogatory gay slur - by colleagues.

The startling revelations that Lubitz had long-plotted a spectacular act adds weight to claims the pilot concealed a medical condition that should have stopped him flying.

It comes after German investigators yesterday revealed the 27-year-old should have been off sick on the day he deliberately condemned his 149 passengers and crewmates to their deaths in the Alps.

Investigators revealed today that medical sign-off notes were found at Lubitz's home - including at least one that covered the day of the crash - and Dusseldorf University Hospital confirmed he had been a patient there over the past two months, although it would not disclose his condition.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tmares-shouting-going-down.html#ixzz3VgPPZyIA
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

AmericasJudge likes this.
  8. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    Girlfriend... Sure.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  9. Winston Ono

Winston Ono Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Tomato (Andy) sauce on side of mountain

AmishGirl and MiamiInk like this.
  10. iloveyoubut

iloveyoubut Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    fake articles

11. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Most people will have forgotten by this time next month.

alittlebitcunty and JustLurking like this.
  12. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    yes, sometimes men, important men, who are charged with piloting important vehicles flip out and crash that honda
    [​IMG]

Craignor and Shortwave98 like this.
  13. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    And just how long can it possibly be before the "anti-bullying" zealots latch on to these little tidbits of information and make this Lubitz character the poster child for their campaign. The fact that there are gay undertones now surfacing only adds to the likelihood that they will get added support for their movement from the fringe militant gay idiots who tried to disingenuously and cynically turn Matthew Shepard into a national hero.

A. Genius, AmishGirl and kingship like this.
  14. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This chick worked in the industry as a stewardess. Her pilot boyfriend told her that he planned to do something that would "change the system and everyone would remember his name" and he would wake up screaming "we're going down." Admittedly, flight attendants aren't usually Rhodes Scholars, but wouldn't statements like that, coupled with his volatile personality, perhaps put some kind of red flag in her head that might possibly want to make her mention something to her superiors?

15. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    That's what you are thinking about in relation to this tragedy?

16. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yes, I'm often on the lookout for the ways that these zealots of all stripes will try to capitalize on misfortune and tragedy for their own selfish purposes. Anyone who's had a history of being a supporter of the Bill of Rights is unfortunately intimately familiar with this modus operandi.

What is the mantra that Barry's former Chief of Staff is said to repeat often, "Let no tragedy go to waste"?

TheLACritic, A. Genius and kingship like this.
  17. GarysAfro

GarysAfro New Member

Reputations:
    You mean crazy people shouldn't fly airplanes?!

stanggirl likes this.
  18. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maria is quite the monday morning quarterback isnt she?

AmericasJudge likes this.
  19. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    A haunting new image has emerged of killer co-pilot Andreas Lubitz as it was claimed he may have sought treatment for problems with his vision in the weeks leading up to moment he deliberately flew a Germanwings passenger plane into the French Alps.

Lubitz, who is pictured smiling into the camera in the selfie which appears to have been taken in his bathroom, is said to have sought help over his vision as recently as March 10, amid fears his eye problems may have jeopardised his ability to continue working as a pilot.

It came as police revealed that evidence found at his home suggested he was suffering from a 'serious psychosomatic illness'. Officers reportedly found a variety of drugs used to treat mental illness at his flat in Dusseldorf, appearing to substantiate claims he was severely depressed.

And a former partner described him as a tormented, erratic man who was a master of hiding his darkest thoughts and would wake up from nightmares screaming ‘we’re going down’.

The 26-year-old Germanwings stewardess, known only as Maria W, revealed to a German newspaper how Lubitz ominously told her last year: ‘One day I will do something that will change the whole system, and then all will know my name and remember it.’

The startling revelations add weight to the claims that Lubitz tried to conceal medical conditions that should have stopped him flying.

It is not clear how severe his eye problems were, but officials confirmed that evidence found at his home suggested he was being treated for psychological issues.

Two officials with knowledge of the investigation said the authorities had not ruled out the possibility that the problems with his vision could have been psychosomatic, the New York Times reported.

The revelation came after German investigators revealed that the 27-year-old should have been off sick on the day he deliberately condemned his 149 passengers and crewmates to their deaths in the Alps.

Investigators said medical sign-off notes were found at his home - including at least one that covered the day of the crash - and Dusseldorf University Hospital confirmed he had been a patient there over the past two months.

While the hospital would not initially disclose his condition, bosses confirmed that he had been evaluated at the clinic in February and on March 10.

The hospital, which has its own eye clinic, later denied speculation that he sought treatment for depression at the centre but would not confirm he had attended for vision problems, citing privacy laws.

It came as German newspaper Welt am Sonntag said police found evidence at his flat which suggested he was suffering from 'severe burnout syndrome' - a serious psychosomatic illness.

A source in the police investigation team told the newspaper that Lubitz was treated by several neurologists and psychiatrists, before adding: 'This is clear from personal notes stored and collected by the pilot.'

'Severe burnout syndrome' is a state of emotional, mental and physical ‎exhaustion and is often linked to those in jobs with high stress levels.

[​IMG]

20. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Good afternoon!
    Your co-pilot on today's flight will be Tomato Andy a depressed and suicidal homosexual lunatic.
    Please obey flight rules and have a great trip !