New Ford Truck Comes With 6 Months Sirius

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boomer1976, Aug 15, 2013.

1. boomer1976

boomer1976 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Just got myself a new F-150 yesterday and the fucker came with a 6 month Sirius trial. Now I need strategies to see if I can get the 6 months extended on the cheap. Will call and threaten to cancel nearing the end of the 6 months but I'm wondering if I should register the radio or not right away. Will the trial keep running if I don't?

2. boomer1976

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;eeL5oLIDSpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeL5oLIDSpY[/video]

3. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    My cousin just bought a brand new RV and he was pissed that it only came with 6 months when they used to give you a free year...and he had to go through the dealership just to get SiriusXM to work. It's a whole cuntload of crap, I tell ya.

4. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Just let the trial run out ... then they'll make you a better deal. Don't forget to mention all the commercials that you now pay to hear.

5. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    I would immediately threaten to cancel, and call every day. Then demand to have their shit radio removed from your vehicle.

6. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Make sure you read the terms of the contract, there were people a few years ago claiming that because they didn't cancel after 6 months (or maybe it was a year, I don't remember), SiriusXM kept it on and sent them a paper bill in the mail (which was turned over to a debt collection agency and affected their credit score after they ignored it). I read that quite awhile back when I cancelled and they were giving me the run around, and supposedly people complained to the BBB about it, so they've probably stopped. I'd still look into it to be safe, though.

7. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Ford is now selling tons of new pick ups because they can hear the show for 6 months free Robin.

8. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    That's the big thing with Sirius: If you don't tell them to stop something, they'll go ahead and hit you with a bill for the maximum amount if you don't take some sort of affirmative action to cancel, modify, or continue. Your inaction is considered acceptance of their offer.

Think about that. Say you pay a guy to mow your lawn one time during the summer, for whatever reason (you go on vacation, you get too busy, you don't feel like sweating balls that particular August afternoon, whatever) and the guy comes back a month later while you're at work after that one time you asked him to mow, and mows your lawn again without you asking, and then sends a bill for services which you did not request (you only wanted him to mow that one time) and if you don't pay, he sends you into collection.

That's the Sirius business model. Yeah, you can fight them, tell them they were wrong, (which is a hassle) but then you have to deal with the credit ding which is an absolute nightmare and can actually take a couple years to remove from your report.

Sirius knows this fact. They know how large business can push around individuals because the system has become so bloated and favorable to, well, big-business.

So, to protect yourself against this bullshit, this is what I do: I enter into my smarty-phone calendar the anniversary with Sirius a week in advance AND commit the approximate date to memory AND enter the anniversary into Google notifications. When your six months is about to expire, call them. Don't deal with the internet bullshit; you can't negotiate with automated systems.

You call Sirius up (you need to carve out about 30 minutes to do this, so yeah, it's a PIA) and ask them about the best deals for your account. If you're not happy with their offer, tell the CSR you want to cancel. They'll then send you to the "cancellations" department (in reality it's an upper-tier dept that has more authority to negotiate) and tell them you want to cancel.

That CSR will ask why you want to cancel. Tell them you don't want to pay that amount, you don't listen that often, whatever your situation. They should negotiate with you. If not, you can always get a yearly sub for a better price than going month-to-month.

But you need to remember to call. Also, don't pay for an annual sub with your bank account. Pay with a credit card, preferably one that will expire within the year. I've had Sirius double-charge my card before (charge for an extra account because of some data entry error supposedly) and got that fairly easily reversed.

Bottom-line: Assume you are dealing with a dishonest businessman when dealing with Sirius.

9. bucket

bucket New Member

Reputations:
    Your subscription will not auto renew. It will auto cancel, unless you call and subscribe before hand. Don't. Let it run out. They will contact you. Tell them your friend got 6 months for $25. See what they say. They'll either agree or counter with 5 months for $25. Either way, its worth it if your in the car for 30 - 60 minutes per day.

10. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    As per the auto-renewal, that is not my personal experience.

11. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    They'll try to automatically renew... Make sure that the account isn't allowed to automatically renew. They're not exactly scrupulous.

also, don't threaten to cancel... Cancel. You'll get an offer in the mail a couple days later for $25 for 6 months. After that, cancel again and again. If they refuse to offer the promotion, do what I do: sue. I get full service (best of xm, Internet feed, app) all for $0.99/mo because of an offer conflict they put out earlier.

12. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    My dad had a chrysler 300 and they gave him a year of free sirius.

13. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You beat me...

Planted Caller (with thick New York accent): Howard, I just wanted to let you know that last week I replaced my entire fleet of business trucks with new Ford F-150's. I've always used Chevy's, but my guys have been telling me how much they all wish they could listen to YOU while they make their deliveries. The best part is now they all come in at 6am instead of 8am but insist that I don't have to pay them for the extra two hours! They are just SOOO happy to hear your show that they volunteer their time!!

14. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just got a new Ford Taurus and it also came with 6 months free Sirius. My prior car, a Dodge Charger, came with a free year of Sirius.

15. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I cancelled my cc and those fuckers called me saying i have a balance :pissed:

16. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Did you get the ventilated seats? That's the main thing that I love about mine. We just canceled Sirius in the Volvo and they have sent offers that work out to about $6/month since then.

17. DBo

DBo New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I got a Charger not too long ago and tried this experiment. Scrip ran out after a week.

18. boomer1976

Reputations:
    Nope, didn't get the seats, got a nice few bells and whistles though. My buddy has a F-250 with the ac seats. Nothing like cold air up the old bung hole to keep you fresh.

19. Bearcat1

Bearcat1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That is pretty much what I do every 6 months, but NEVER pay with a credit card. Tell them to send you a paper bill so you can send in a check. They will try and charge you $2 for a bill, but complain and they will credit you $2 for the bill. Come on, you are going to charge me extra to send me a bill? Isn't that part of the cost of doing business? I never trusted them with a credit card number.

20. boomer1976

Reputations:
    I'm supposed to get the ESN off the radio and register with Sirius. Not sure if the dealer already did this but the radio works so I think I will let it ride for awhile before alerting those fuckers.