New Howard Stern Theory: Stuttering Attacks in Mid-Sentence

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Quietus, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Quietus

Quietus New Member

Reputations:
    I think these sporadic attacks come as a result of unmet urges. He wants to say the "wrong" thing but cannot. He ends up going into an algorithmic loop searching for the politically correct thing or is trying to steer away from a "Lena Dunham" Q-ratings plunge type disaster. That's why we get "They, they , they, they...." I noticed this last week when Robin said something that triggered in Howard an almost spasmodic utterance. He sooo wanted to say something inappropriate but knew he could not and what resulted was an uncomfortable stream of hiccuping, stuttering gibberish for almost 20-seconds. Robin let out a nervous laugh and said "What was that?" and then they went into commercial. I don't remember what triggered this but since that time I've noticed he does this quite a bit.

2. morrissey

morrissey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't listen, but fuck it...I'll agree.

3. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's not only a theory, it's a painful reality...he has so many awkward verbal ticks now, on top of the lisping/weird new veneers problem.

"You're a real stutterin' prick, aren't ya? Fuckin' Spider...."

4. RobinsLeftFlap

RobinsLeftFlap New Member

Reputations:
    Fake fake fake. Lame way to add emphasis and/or seem more "fired up" than he actually is.

Fake.

5. The Cocksman

The Cocksman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why are you on a Howard Stern forum if you don't listen to the show? Are you retarded or just stupid?

6. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    :secret: dawgsaloon is far more Howard Stern than Howard Stern is these days

7. RockRollGhost

RockRollGhost New Member

Reputations:
    are we talking about those constant moments where the mic is cut off?

8. Quietus

Quietus New Member

Reputations:
    No I'm talking about where his brain and his mouth are fighting each other on what to say and then he just blurts out literal nonsense gibberish like some retard or he stutters or he repeats a word like he's in some loop. It's like a battle between self-censorship and what he wants to say but can't....he's worried about his Q-rating or some such nonsense.

9. DaBUU

DaBUU Active Member

Reputations:
    Totally agree with this. Last week he actually said, "gotta watch what I say Robin, can't say the wrong thing", when he was talking about the fat Jonah Hill looking chick and that homo Perez Hilton writing about it. Couldn't believe I heard him say that, the only reason he is who he is, is because he's always said the wrong thing. That was 'The King is Dead' moment for me.

10. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He did it this morning when he was talking about gun control. It sounds like he has dementia. It was right after he talked about "the heavy set black woman on the view". What a total spineless douchebag he has become

11. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    this makes me sad. is the old guy we loved still in there somewhere? there were moments in last week's shows that he was good. it just sucks that those moments are so overshadowed by hollywood ass kissing, AGT and beth business.

in those knicks pics he looked happy with his horse but he doesn't look that happy with her anywhere else. maybe he loves to trot her around.

12. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video]http://www.tubechop.com/watch/672240[/video]

Fucking annoying.

13. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    When someone gets the upper hand in an argument........Dadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada.............

14. Markijuano

Markijuano Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's the new Hanzi imitation

15. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't believe how badly someone who's supposed to be a professional broadcaster reads those pre-written jokes he pretends are his own thoughts. You can easily pick them out - his timing is horrible and he stutters and stumbles over the words. Howard gave Gary and Scott the Engineer shit about their on-air skills but both of them sound more natural and polished than he does.