New Listener, I have some questions

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Voyager, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Voyager

Voyager New Member

Reputations:
    Hey folks, new listener of THSS and I have some questions. Let me just say I've never listened to a show live. I'm someone who discovered the show through Youtube and that's predominantely where my knowledge of the show comes from. I've tried listening to Sirius shows a couple times but I don't give a fuck about this version of Stern and the show. Between Stern's rants about how he's still a victim despite being one of the richest entertainers in the world and the boring sexual obsessions Howard has, it just doesn't interest me. However, the classic Howard Stern shows are some of the most interesting and entertaining things I've heard. After listening to several hours I have some questions.

1. Is Howard Stern a homosexual? He strongly comes across as one with his odd obsessions, his constant need to play up his trophy wife, and just general need to convince his listeners he's a vigorous heterosexual. I don't care if he's gay but I think he's extremely disingenuous about a lot of the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

2. Which brings me to one of my biggest questions... what is Ralph about? He is the most boring, annoying and useless piece of shit I've ever listened to. Yet this low level sociopath constantly gets on the show and he literally dresses Howard? Anytime I hear Ralph call in, I immediately fast forward or move ahead to the next clip because I know the show is about to go into the toliet. I can't even imagine how grating he must be on long time fans. Plus, he's obviously flaming and would swallow Howard any chance he got. I don't see a lot of difference between Sal and Ralph yet Sal is actually funny and interesting but Ralph is a boring piece of shit. Yet one is coddled and can't do wrong and the other is constantly scapegoated. It's just... bizarre. I honestly think Beth is just cover so he can be with his long-term boyfriend Ralph.

3. What is Howard's Jewish thing about? No one cares that he's a Jew yet he's constantly holding that up like he's a victim. Considering the crazy racist shit that's come out of his mouth, the fact that he's become completely defensive about all things Jewish is just ridiculous. Also, it didn't seem he used to care in his classic era. Did the money make him all defensive or what and when did he suddenly become so defensive about being Jewish?

4. How many appearances did Sam Kinison make? That's how I originally found the show was from Kinison's appearances and that was absolutely electric radio. I'd really like to track down those shows and hear all of them because they're some of the greatest things I've ever heard.

Anyway, I like the show and I like this forum. I've been fascinated reading a lot of the stuff on here.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  2. La Flama Blanca

La Flama Blanca Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  3. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Take a voyage out to sea.

4. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    who is your daddy, and what does he do?
    [​IMG]

5. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    Looks like you hit all the high points.

Bizarre sexual obsessions--CHECK
    Homosexual tendencies--CHECK
    Ralph is a sociopath--CHECK
    Howards defense of all things Jewish--CHECK
    Sam Kinison rocked--CHECK

You really don't need us. you got it covered on your own.

Welcome to the saloon. have some rep.

6. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Give Rodney a chance.

7. Voyager

Voyager New Member

Reputations:
    I don't mean to ask dumb questions. I realize you all are years and years ahead of me as Stern fans and understanding all this stuff. I just find a lot of it creepy and want a deeper understanding of it. Especially why such a piece of shit like Ralph exists in this world. Does Howard keep him around to fuck with his listeners or what is it?

8. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Let's just say that shaving Howard's belly hair is a euphemism. Allegedly.

9. pontius pilot

Reputations:
    i hated ralph for years. however, it speaks to how low the hss has sunken that i now look to ralph for the one halfway honest opinion in the studio.

depressing.

and welcome.

10. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    fuck, i keep trying to answer this question and i end up deleting what i write. this is a hard question

i guess ralph cultivated a close friendship with howard while dressing him.

11. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Sad thing is that Ralph is one of the bright spots of the show these days. I used to hate him but now think he's better than The rest of the gang.

12. Voyager

Voyager New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah totally, I'm glad you long time fans have similar opinions. I'll be listening to a great bit or the gang jumping all over somebody then Ralph calls in and it just fucks everything up. He's the radio equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. Yet he seems to get through on a great majority of classic bits which means there must be some quality they think he brings to the show. I mean he is a cunty backstabbing sociopath, but he's so pathetic as a human being that nothing he says really matters. Also Robin already echoes everything Howard says, so does he really need to come on and do the same thing?

13. Voyager

Voyager New Member

Reputations:
    That is mind blowing, maybe I should tune into some new shows to hear this phenomenon because I can't imagine it at the moment.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  14. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    The sad truth is that Ralph now has a weekly show on Sirius and he gets better guests than Howard gets. Sad but true.

15. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Ralph knows where the bodies are buried....

16. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    Let me sum up Ralph for you. Howard's longtime boyfriend. Loves to collect dolls. Not welcome at Howard's chimneyville mansion because he puked on the fine bed linen one weekend. Is kept around because he knows secrets that would ruin Howard. Meets Howard in the city under the guise of "clothes shopping" when in fact he is plunging his cock deep into Howard's anal cavity. I think that covers it.

Welcome to the Saloon!

17. HORSETOOTHED

HORSETOOTHED Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I had to bet on it, I'd go with Howard and Ralph being gay. I think Howard might come out after his parents die.

18. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    I don't believe for a minute you are a "new" listener. Nice try but you "blew it" as AGT Howard would say.

19. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    They even look alike. If they were the same height they'd pass as twins.

20. pontius pilot

Reputations:
    kinda feeling the same way.