New Mexico becomes the 17th state to legalize same-sex marriage.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by FlaFlaFlunkie, Dec 20, 2013.

1. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    :woot:

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2013/12/n-m-supreme-court-declares-same-sex-marriage-legal-statewide/
    I think Ohio, Pennsylvania or Colorado or Nevada (maybe even Oregon) might be next.

:yay:

What state are you in and what is the status of same-sex marriage? Legal? Not Legal, but Allows Civil Unions or is it State Constitutionally Prohibited?
    :munch:

I'm in NJ, where marriage is finally legal. You?

2. ZosoHitler

ZosoHitler VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Pack your bags Fla Fla we're moving out west.

3. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Hey, you've got some gay news going on too:

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2013/12/...la-school-again-blocks-gay-straight-alliance/

[h=2]ACLU files second lawsuit after Fla. school again blocks gay-straight alliance[/h]
    OCALA, Fla. — The ACLU on Thursday sued a central Florida school district for the second time this year, claiming it is once again refusing to approve a Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) club at a middle school.
    [​IMG]The suit against the Lake County, Fla., school board was filed on behalf of a group of students led by 12-year-old Hannah Faughnan, a seventh-grader from Leesburg, Fla., who were denied their application to form a gay-straight alliance at Carver Middle School.

4. ZosoHitler

ZosoHitler VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Florida is a mixed bag politically. There are parts which are very blue state and parts which are VERY red state, like deep south confederate flag red state. But the good news is that Florida is well on its way to becoming a majority blue state I think. The republicans who have been driving the state to ruin since the 90's are incredibly unpopular and all the conservative seniors are beginning to drop dead. Give it a few years and we'll have gay marriage and legal weed.

5. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Virginia's like that too. Around Fairfax county (where Richmond is), the state is very blue but the farther south you go (past Charlottesville), it gets really, really red.

I would imagine Florida is the same way; around highly populated cities, you're blue and everywhere in between, you're red, right?

6. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  7. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Yeah. This means the legislature has to codify it but licenses are being issued. Can't take it back once you issue it. Tried that in California. Didn't work. What would be the compelling state interest to take away the licenses from those to whom they issued them? :munch:

8. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I'm tellin' ya'........Give it a year or so and divorce court is gonna' be a hot ticket for entertainment!!!!!!!!

9. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I'm sure we'll find that LGBT are no better at marriage than heterosexuals. You'll see.

We're just like you guys. No better, no worse.

10. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    ...after we get past all of those ridiculous novelty weddings; people who got married for all the wrong reasons, including, but not limited to, getting married before even knowing the person that well.

We'll be like Britney Spears and get married at the drive-thru in Las Vegas and then try to get it annulled the next day.

You'll see.

11. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    I support Russia protecting children from this NAMBLA type propoganda.

12. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    I say this as a happily divorced man; you truly deserve marriage, FlaFla :D

13. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    meanwhile NYC decides to outlaw e-cigarettes because they make smoke, except they only produce water vapor... or because they are a nasty source of second-hand smoke, except water vapor is naturally in the air and removing it would be harmful to everyone's health or because Christine "Dracula" Quinn can't think of a valid reason but she is just against sucking anything that doesn't suck her back?

14. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    gay marriage will be legalized here when the summer temps are in the 20s.

15. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Look.....Marriage is marriage....Took me twice to get that sunk in.....Maybe you can let us in on something...And I ask this in all humility.....How do long term Gay relationships end materially speaking. I mean, Before this how do ya'll divvy up a long term relationship financially? Does one generally say "Fuck You, It's all in my name...So tough shit" Or is there an ersatz Gay divorce court we straights know nothing about?

16. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Yeah, fuck those kids, trying to organize to protect themselves from bullying and wanting to kill themselves.

And yeah, let's continue to purposely obfuscate the terms homosexuality (among consenting adults) and pedophilia for, ironically, propaganda purposes. :munch:

17. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    It'll be my decision to make.

18. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    We were in Judge Judy's courtroom, like all the other straight couples who didn't have a marriage license to equitably divide up their assets.

19. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    of all the things people do, i can think of many worse than just wanting to look at the same person every morning before they make themselves presentable. i just don't care who anyone wants to contract with, and i don't see why it is anyone else's business.

20. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    my point is that legalization through the courts does a lot more harm than good. It's basically telling the people of the state to stfu and accept something. They'd be far better off if the legislature actually drafted and passed a bill. You can argue that states are forced to take this approach because of GOP opposition, but id argue that they couldn't even pass such a law in Massachusetts, a state that's 90+ democrat in both houses, the govenrorship, both is senate seats and all the us house seats.

This bill failed a public referendum in mass, which means judicial passage just creates a ton of resentment.