Politics New Poll: Carson's Lead Is Growing In Iowa, Now 14 Points

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Oct 26, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Poll: Carson now holds 14-point lead over Trump in Iowa
    [​IMG]
    Ben Carson now has a 14-point lead over Donald Trump among likely GOP caucus-goers in Iowa, according to a Monmouth University poll released Monday.

Thirty-two percent said they back Carson compared to 18 percent for Trump.

Compared to the last Monmouth University Iowa poll from August, Carson is up 9 percentage points and Trump has dropped by 5 percentage points. Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, is up 6 percentage points.

The new poll also found 10 percent said they support Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, 10 percent said they back Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida and 8 percent said they back former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush. Five percent said they back former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, three percent support Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, two percent back former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, two percent support Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and two percent support Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

None of the other five candidates received one percent or more of support.

Carson, a retired neurosurgeon, now leads Trump among all ideological groups. He leads Trump by nine percentage points among very conservative voters and by 21 percentage points among somewhat conservative voters. Carson also has a 17-percentage-point lead over Trump among moderate to liberal voters in Iowa.

More than a third of likely GOP caucus-goers who are evangelical Christians back Carson while 18 percent of that group said they support Trump. Carson also holds a 9-percentage-point lead over Trump among non-evangelicals.

Carson leads Trump among women 34 percent to 17 percent, the poll found, and Carson leads Trump among men by 11 percentage points.

Eighty-four percent said they view Carson favorably and 53 percent said the same about Trump.

Despite Carson's double-digit lead, only 19 percent of GOP caucus-goers said they have made a final decision about which candidate to support at the caucuses in February.

A CBS News Battleground Tracker survey released over the weekend found Trump and Carson are tied at 27 percent in Iowa.

Polls from last week, however, found that Carson had taken the lead among Republican voters in Iowa.

The poll surveyed 400 Iowa voters between October 22 and October 25 with a margin of error of +/- 4.9 percentage points.

Joe Bauers likes this.
  2. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    leave ltd alone!!!! :bigcry:

FosterKitten, Snort and BethSucks like this.
  3. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Wall St Journal, 1 hour ago:

Ben Carson Leads Donald Trump by Double Digits in Iowa, Polls Show
    [​IMG]
    Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson
    Paul J. Richards/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images
    Ben Carson‘s lead over Donald Trump in Iowa has widened, with two polls released Monday showing the retired neurosurgeon with a double-digit advantage in the state with the nation’s first presidential nominating contest.

Mr. Carson leads Mr. Trump, the longtime Iowa front-runner, 31% to 19%, in a poll conducted last week by Loras College of Dubuque, Iowa. Monmouth University’s poll of Iowa Republicans found Mr. Carson with a 14 percentage point advantage – 32% to 18%.

The polls follow comparable surveys released late last week that for the first time showed Mr. Carson in first place in Iowa. Monmouth’s poll found Mr. Trump’s Iowa support dropped five percentage points since August as Mr. Carson’s support rose nine points.

Both polls continue to show scant Iowa support and little room for growth for establishment favorite Jeb Bush. The former Florida governor has 8% backing in the Monmouth poll, with just 5% saying he is their second choice. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio has 10% support, but is the second choice of 14% of Iowa Republicans, the poll found.

Mr. Trump maintains a lead in national surveys, but his sudden drop in Iowa comes as Mr. Carson’s campaign is on the rise and after he has been attacked on Iowa television for a month without responding. The Club for Growth, which has spent $1 million attacking Mr. Trump on Iowa TV, on Friday took credit for the first round of bad Iowa polls for the New York developer and reality TV star.

Mr. Trump, who has made his standing in polls the centerpiece of his campaign, spent the weekend questioning the methodology of Iowa polls that show him trailing Mr. Carson.

Mr. Carson, Mr. Trump said on ABC’s “This Week” program Sunday, “got a lot of P.R. by going a little bit ahead of me in Iowa. But we’ll see what happens because I find it hard to believe. I was in Iowa three days ago; we had such an unbelievable turnout that I find it really difficult to believe that I’m in second place. But we’ll find out.”

The Loras College poll of 500 likely Iowa Republican voters was conducted Oct. 19-22. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percentage points. Monmouth conducted its poll of 400 Iowa Republican voters from Oct. 22-25. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.9 percentage points.

sumtexan likes this.
  4. buried20kleague

buried20kleague Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I have NO idea how all these polls can be so all over the place. Seriously, they've all got to be completely useless.

5. ClintDagger

ClintDagger World's #2 Ranked Poster - Exec VP Larry, Inc VIP

Reputations:
    Iowa is so reverse racist...

6. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    So they're either tied or Carson has a 14 point lead? :ujerk:

Mulletude likes this.
  7. JerseySlim

JerseySlim Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    With 300 million people in this country, can we please find ONE moderate republican that isn't a lunatic?

8. scoobyla

Reputations:
    if he wins, we will have a our first, first-man

9. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    English, motherfucker, do you speak it? :facepalm:

10. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    If i had to choose between leading iowa or leading the other 49 states, i think i'd take the 49 others

Trump is up by 25 points in New Hampshire and he's at 40% in South Carolina

BTW, don't be scared to @ me when you say my name :console:

cg256, sstressed and Dirty South like this.
  11. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...kind of reminds me of the "romney scoring high in the polls" headlines from the past.

12. scoobyla

Reputations:
    why yes, yes i do's. (why pretend u dont know what i said, why u want ppl be PC)

I believe if Mr. Carson becomes the republican presidential nominee, that Mr. Clinton would become the first gentleman.
    In other words, I feel Hillary would gain more electoral college votes than Ben.

13. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    I like Carson ok, but hes not going to be president. Hes vastly better than Billary. Our relying on a state like Iowa as a predictor is just weird

scoobyla likes this.
  14. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Sorry @Itd86 but The Donalds days are numbered.
    This is just the first sign.

15. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah, they're chronically wrong.

Just ask these guys :jj:

upload_2015-10-26_14-32-6.jpeg upload_2015-10-26_14-32-24.jpeg

scoobyla likes this.
  16. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Because its October a year before the election. You can find people changing their mind at the drop of a hat. Its meaningless junk right now.

buried20kleague likes this.
  17. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...the only reason theres an emphasis on iowa is that theyre first to vote, maybe had primaried in the past for eventual winners but the stratigies have change over the past 25 years. a candidate needs a path to the 538 and theres more than 1 way to do that. obama broke the mold on that shit.

18. Johnnykstaint

Johnnykstaint VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Is this clown really a doctor?

FosterKitten likes this.
  19. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    NO Fucking Way Gange ! :giggle:

scoobyla likes this.
  20. BethSucks

Reputations:
    Iowa being one of the first states to vote has received a lot of anti-Trump marketing by various organizations, the fact that he has gone from leading by eight to down by fourteen in eight weeks shows him to be vulnerable to negative campaign marketing.