New radar Artie/ stern article

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by jonmac20, Sep 22, 2015.

1. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
  2. blackcrystal61

blackcrystal61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Only if Justin or jenn ask him too

3. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Artie Lange Says He Felt ‘Abandoned’ By Howard Stern Following 2010 Suicide Attempt –– More Shocking Reactions After Radio Icon Claims He’s ‘Hurt’ By Recent Comments
    A candid Artie Lange Monday said he felt “abandoned” by Howard Stern following his 2010 suicide attempt, in response to the radio icon claiming he was “hurt” by comments Lange and Melendez made about him.

Reaction To Stern’s On-Air Comments
    After Lange’s controversial podcast last week with another ex-member of the radio show, “Stuttering” John Melendez, Stern took to the air Monday and said the duo spoke about him negatively and that he wasn’t “thrilled about it.” He added, “I was hurt, but what am I going to do?” It was a poor choice of words for Lange, who made clear he felt his one-time mentor disregarded him in his time of need after his January 2010 suicide attempt, and hasn’t returned his phone calls to this day.

PHOTOS: The King Of All Scandals: Shock Jock Howard Stern’s Top 20 Secrets & Feuds EXPOSED

“It’s hypocrisy to me … this is a friend reacting to a friend just abandoning them, and not giving them a chance to say this in person, the way it should have been.” Lange said he “could deal with any other reaction” than from Stern than saying he was “hurt” in the wake of such events. “My first reaction was, ‘F**k off, you’re hurt by it? Are you fu**ing kidding me? Hurt?’ Pardon me if I don’t feel sorry for you, man. What universe are you living in where that’s something you get hurt by, compared to all the sh*t that’s happened over the years?” Lange added, “You think a friend that close isn’t just going to write you off and be fine with never seeing you again, and clearly not caring if you’re alive or dead; that’s the vibe I got. Yeah, you want to talk about hurt — that hurt.”

Lange, citing voicemails played on-air during his drug-addled stupors, said that the show turning his longtime battle with heroin addiction into comedic bits hurt him deeply. “I’m just reacting to him saying he’s hurt — I think that’s bulls**t.” Lange said that by recently using a show regular to impersonate him during news segments, he feels that Stern is “trying to f**k with [him] in a passive-aggressive way.” Melendez said he was hurt by the on-air beatings he’s taken during and after his time on the program, which ended when he went to work on The Tonight Show in 2004. “He’s gone off on me in such hateful ways and said such horrible things … for him to be hurt — alright, I’m sorry he’s hurt — but the sh*t he said to me in the past, its been more than hurtful.”

PHOTOS: Howard Stern And Beth Stern Attend The North Shore Animal League America 2014 Celebrity Gala At The Plaza Hotel

Hear The Audio On RadarOnline.com

New Hollywood Clique
    Throughout the podcast, a common source of both punchlines and frustration was Stern’s newfound Hollywood clique, particularly his toast-master status at Jennifer Aniston‘s wedding and the aftermath, where he publicly lavished praise on bothgroom Justin Theroux and guest Orlando Bloom. Melendez said that “it’s not just one fan, it’s thousands of fans” that have picked up on the dramatic shift, citing forums such as Twitter and Dawg Shed. “They all are saying that he’s changed so much, and there’s nothing wrong with change, but the old Howard would probably goof on the new Howard now.”

Lange said that as a fan, he never cared for seeing Stern on America’s Got Talent “because he’s so much more talented and brilliant than those people he’s on the show with,” adding, “I don’t feel why he feels it necessary to be accepted in that world.” In an analogy about Stern sitting on the panel with Heidi Klum, Mel B and Howie Mandel, Lange said, “It’s like Springsteen touring with N’ Sync!” Lange dipped into his own tragic past in explaining his longtime bond to Stern and the show, illustrating his frustration to be left out in the cold while Stern cuddles up with Tinseltown’s elite. “The only thing that make my father laugh when he was a f***ing paraplegic was The Howard Stern Show — we’d sit and listen to it together,” Lange said. “You think Jennifer Aniston did that? You think Orlando Bloom was at your ‘F**k the FCC’ rally in 1987 with Grandpa Al Lewis? No, probably not.”

PHOTOS: Where’s The Red Carpet? Jen Aniston, Jimmy Kimmel, Howard Stern, Beth O., Courteney Cox Vacay In Cabo

Hear The Audio On RadarOnline.com

More On Marci Turk
    Lange said that “the thing [Stern’s] most sensitive about to me, clearly, is this woman Marci Turk,” the efficiency expert linked to Getting Things Done, a book and movement that calls itself the “proven path for getting in control of your world, and maintaining perspective in your life,” according to its website. Lange said “there’s a lot of people who are weirded out by this whole new situation involving” Turk, who began working on the show two years ago, long after he left.

Lange, who said he’s never met Turk, said that “some stories I’ve heard, and I can’t tell you how I know them, make me worry for Howard, like he might be losing it a little bit.” Lange said that “geniuses” like Stern “could become very lonely because there’s no one else up on that stratosphere with them and they try to find those people to hang out with.” He continued, “People compare this book, Getting Things Done, to sort of a cult thing … I don’t know, it’s hard for me to believe anybody could f**k with someone as intelligent as Howard, but maybe out of him searching for peers in life you could fall prey to someone like that,” adding that “a lot of people who are loyal to him for a long time feel directly affected by it.” Lange noted “this weird, confused applause” when Stern thanked Turk at his January 2014 birthday show, but didn’t mention his longtime camera crew that had been dismissed shortly before, with the end of his video service, HowardTV. “You don’t think Doug Goodstein or Scott DePace or Richie Wilson deserved a couple of minutes of him praising them in front of the fans? I think so … again, I don’t know what the woman does, but he’s clearly very happy with it and it’s very important to him.”

PHOTOS: Kathy Fesses Up! Griffin Confirms Radar Reports Of ‘FP’ Feuding — ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done’ Show

Watch the Video On RadarOnline.com

The Howard Stern Show airs on SiriusXM, while Artie Lange’s Uncensored Podcast is available at artiequitter.com.

Quedee, DJ Retardo, WHTHS and 20 others like this.
  4. greenchiclets

greenchiclets Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Only if someone calls into the show, lies about the topic they want to speak about, and asks him directly. That's how he rolls.

5. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston I got more balls than the daily lottery. VIP

Reputations:
    It's says everything you need to know when he doesn't respond without provocation. Artie and John have made great points and by Wiggy remaining silent it shows he really has no argument.

6. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We're witnessing the end of Howard's career. All these gossip sites are picking up the story and spreading the word that he's a sell-out who has lost the respect and support of his fans and employees and has let himself be suckered by Marci Turk. It's over.

7. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I saw that Radar Online was linking to my SoundCloud clip, so my Dawg Shed exclusive illustration of Howard was showing up on their site:

[​IMG]

So I went back and updated the illustration so that Radar Online (and whomever else links to the clip) is now inadvertently promoting Dawg Shed:

[​IMG]

8. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The first comment following the article is hilarious!

9. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Excellent work solider! Hahah

This is all funny as hell to me. I'm guessing Howard will never mention it.

10. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The thought of a reporter from Radar Online winning a Pulitzer never occurred to me until today.

11. Onehourphoto

Onehourphoto Maverick Gold

Reputations:
  12. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Reading some of those comments, I am amazed that people still side with howard and give him so much credit. Howards name is on the sign sure but if you want to know how funny howard is without a Artie or a @stuttering john melendez or Jackie, turn on the show tomorrow (if hes even live) and count how many times you laugh.

BostonNick, tired, codeine and 13 others like this.
  14. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    my sentiments. he is so spot on w wiggy analysis while still kissing his ass and being deluded enough to think that Wiggy ever cared for him or was a true friend. I know artie is not in his right mind but for a guy to see some things so lucidly and other not is interesting

15. Jackass369

Jackass369 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Stern was supposed to bring millions of viewers to AGT, but failed -- he hasn't had that audience size in years. Stern is lucky to have 100,000 listeners at this point on his Sirius/XM show. He only works 2 days a week, for 3.5 hours a show — when you can find a live show that is. Most of today’s show is full of repeated overplayed content, unfunny bits, D-list commercial sponsors, whack-packers who are voice-impersonated, and hour+ long interviews where Stern both asks and answers each question for the guest — the guest who then spends most of their time negating Stern’s injected answer.
    Sirius/XM knows he has no audience now, based on their Internet streaming audits. He already knows he won’t be renewed, and will head to the podcast universe where quickly the reality of the real subscriber numbers will shock him & whoever falls for this Buchwald PR gasp into reality retirement. Marci Turk will be dismissing most of the Stern show staff this fall.
    Stern has repeatedly said this last week or two that 10-year old children are seeking him out to sit on his lap. Let's examine just this one simple statement on its literal value. Do you know ANY normal 10-year-old that wants to sit on someone's lap? Even on their own relatives' lap? A 10-year old? Really? Now move that same preposterous scenario to some old, make-up caked, witched chin, almond breathed, 62-year old man, in a wig, flashing his fake smile at you -- dressed as a teen-aged skater boy? This is just another occurrence that shows how out of touch, and what a liar, Gunky & his PR machine really is.
    Stern quit AGT on his own accord to avoid the embarrassment of being asked to leave. If Stern had delivered the key demo, he would still be a judge on AGT at any cost. However he cost NBC millions in salary & relocation expenses, but only lowered the AGT ratings for each season he was on. Read Simon Cowell's leaked Sony emails. Stern's dismal failure at AGT (ratings are the lowest for any AGT season in history for each year that the scarf-wearing, effeminate mannered, skater-boy dressed, 62-year old Stern has been on the show), his debacle of a once great radio show, and the continued obsession to be loved by Hollywood elite, rather than the fans that brought him to the dance, will be the last chapter of a self-written failure and quickly forgotten memory.

16. Buster Himan

Buster Himan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    O.K. Now I'm convinced that Radar Online is a Stern news site fronting as a celerity gossip site.

Night Ape likes this.
  17. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    I know I wished those guys would all give themselves more credit, Howard wouldnt be shit without them. Artie alone is the reason I lasted through the satellite years.

18. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Marci Turk exposed:yay:

Tish, tired, Barry Soetoro and 7 others like this.
  19. Margos

Margos Sprinkles are for winners.

Reputations:
    We have waited so long for this.

20. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Emergency meeting at the offices of Buchwaldco Worldwide!