new texas highway opening @ 85 mph

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by R.P. McMurphy, Sep 7, 2012.

1. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Let's see those ducks cross that.

3. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Hope the dept of highways buys a whole mess of shovels.

4. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I don't know why that isn't the speed limit on all highways.
    When I travel 95 I set my cruise control close to 90 and pass cops without getting a ticket.
    It is the same thing on 85 -77-501 in NC/SC, If you are going under 80 you are holding up traffic.

5. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Final fucking end to Reagan-era stupidity that low speeds saves fuel. oh yeah.......just say "no" to drugs too.....

6. Feltspot

Feltspot Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  7. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...if im on your ignore list, why would you come to my thread? :dontknow:

8. Dick Gozinya

Dick Gozinya Active Member

Reputations:
    Schmoopy? That you?

9. Magnificent Mr. Hole

Magnificent Mr. Hole Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The roads are so bad here its not safe to go 80 mph, you hit massive crater at that speed and you go flying into the other lane, the roads look like the surface of the moon.

10. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    all are 75 now anyways unless inner city. Country and farm to market roads have been 70 for over 10 years. It pissed me off that I could drive 70 on a calichie road bed at night but had to do 65 on highways :facepalm:

11. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The boys over at "Top Gear" (The UK version not the awful US version) might make a road trip.

[​IMG]

James May: "So, I hear there's a road in Texas where the speed limit is 85 MPH."

Richard Hammond: "Time to take a trip to America and test out that road in an Aston Martin!"

Jeremy Clarkson: "RUBBISH!...85 MPH might be fast in America but if you're doing 85 MPH on the Autobahn, you'll be laughed at by all the drivers passing you!"

12. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    When I was driving south out of Utah from Colorado, in July, there were several sections that were marked 80 MPH "test sections". I could not believe the stupid idiots that were trying to kill themselves or someone else. I was driving a new fully equipped Buick Lacrosse with 19" rims and high performance tires. I even set the tire pressures on screen so I could keep an eye on them, I was cruising at 85 with a pack of other cars. There was an asshole driving a small Toyota SUV pulling a full size river boat, and the fuckhead was trying to push the people out of the way so he could go faster. Then there was a woman driving some old piece of shit car pulling one of those real old U-Haul box trailers, it didn't matter that it had huge 55 MPH MAXIMUM stickers all over it, she was weaving back and forth from lane to lane. Then there was this full size pick-up that pushed it's way through and did 90 with a big dog loose running back and forth jumping up on the wheel wells and almost falling off the back. I had to change lanes because I didn't want that dog splattering on the front of the car. I told my wife, this is the reason they can never raise speed limits, there is no common sense left in this country. The stupid fuckin asshole with the boat could blow a tire and take out everyone around him including killing everyone in the SUV. But no one cares about only doing what's safe for their vehicle!

13. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...i agree. 70, 75 tops.

14. Haroof

Haroof New Member

Reputations:
    Was cruising at 85-90 mph on I-15 the entire way to Vegas last weekend. If you're going any slower than that in the fast lane, you'll get run over by maniacs behind you wanting to go 100+.

15. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    The trucking industry is hiring anyone with a pulse to drive their trucks right now and its crazy sharing the road with them already!

Its scary to think about some asshole that was driving a team of goats in Pakistan last week driving an 80,000 lb truck at 80mph with zero training or aptitude.

16. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's different out west. Montana got that stupid reputation for having "no speed limit" (which was bullshit btw), however, 80 MPH on Hwy 2 is like 55 anywhere else. Sure, you can do a buck ten just to say you did, but unless you're an idiot, you don't.

Same thing in Germany. I've been in cars on the AB doing 110 and it's no big deal.

East Coast is more like NASCAR. Only with amateurs everywhere to fuck shit up.

17. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The Northeast, Anything south of Richmond and it gets better.
    The god damn Yankees love to ride your ass, cut in and out of traffic and change lanes without a blinker.
    Always in a hurry to get somewhere even it will kill people in the process.

18. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I average 3,"What are you fucking crazy or do you just hate that dog? line a week "They bluster up with how smart the dog is...never falls out..blah blah blah. I just shake my head and ask what about the stupid fuckhead that hits you ANYWHERE on that truck that then causes you to swerve and chuck that poor dog to his death.

They stop arguing about there

19. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    way more Texans then any other state plate i see do not use directional's ever. In MA you do not legally need to signal a turn if there is no traffic that can be impacted by the turn.

20. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Back in the sixties till Nixon set the 55 fuck fest Montana, Wyoming, Nevada and a couple of others had no day time speed limit and 75 at night..........