New video shows how McDonald’s McNuggets are really made

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Feb 10, 2014.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]New video shows how McDonald’s McNuggets are really made[/h] Published February 06, 2014

[video=youtube;Ua5PaSqKD6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua5PaSqKD6k[/video]

Who could forget the disturbing pictures of pink slime used in fast food that surfaced a few years ago?
    Although McDonald's Chicken McNuggets are typically cited as one of the foods made with meat treated with ammonium hydroxide --aka pink slime -- McDonald's says that since 2003 they're made with all USDA-inspected white meat.
    Still, the fast food giant battles with this image problem.
    To help, McDonald’s Canada released a new behind-the-scenes video last week showing how McNuggets are made to help convince diners McNuggets are just what they claim to be: chicken.
    "Our latest videos aim to combat the misinformation and tell the truth about this iconic product – that Chicken McNuggets are made from chicken breast, a few seasonings, along with a natural proportion skin, used both for flavour and as a binder," McDonald's Canada spokeswoman Gema Rayo told FoxNews.com.
    Viewers get a look inside the Cargill plant in Ontario to see the process, which starts with real chickens that are butchered and mixed with seasoning and chicken skin. Then, it's on to be shaped. Who knew that McNuggets come in four distinct patterns: bell, ball, bow tie and the boot?
    The video has been viewed almost 2 million times on YouTube, not surprising, considering America's fascination with chicken nuggets.
    But the kid-friendly fast food continues to be the brunt of jokes and the target of nutritionists who warn against its high-sodium content and other ingredients. In October, Mississippi researchers found that chicken nuggets (they didn't disclose if McNuggets were part of the sample) contain bone and organ parts.
    While these crispy fritters are unlikely to be held up as the epitome for healthy eating time soon, the reality of what's in McNuggets is a far cry from other-worldly slime.
    If you’re curious about what really makes it in your chicken McNuggets, check out the video below to learn more.

2. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Interesting proh-cess

3. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    mc shocking

4. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    even with the explanation the fact that they grind it up into a shit bin is the problem, why not just slice up the breast and make a McNugget from that, and let's see the American factory.

5. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Unfortunately they still taste like shit.

6. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    i figure foods cost is relative to what they are made of and the effort required to prepare and plate them. McNuggets are therefore probably made of refuse, possibly natural refuse, but still refuse.

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I'm just glad we're here making progress on the really important problems in the world.

8. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    A college friend ended up working at a McDonalds food processing plant as a QA manager. He told me that the pink slim video is 100% true! McDonalds claims that they changed the way they make nuggets but if you ever ate a McNugget at any time before 2005 you probably had a belly full of pink goo!!!

[​IMG]

9. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    If you eat mcdonalds then you don't care what's in your food. :coffee:

10. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Price, price, price, price. You can get exactly that (chicken fingers) from a bar for around 8 dollars.

What's the price on McNuggets?

People are looking for a certain price-point when going to McDonald's.

11. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I would say what's in the food you eat is a significant issue which merits careful consideration.

When you say stuff like the above, I think of this guy:

[video=youtube;bkExpbnjsX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkExpbnjsX8[/video]

12. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
  13. fuzzynuts

fuzzynuts 99% Relevant

Reputations:
    She has McMoles.

14. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Then you should avoid everything Micky D's like the plague.

Trash food is supposed to be trashy.

Health food is supposed to be healthy.

This hybridization is missing the point.

Let's make alcohol with vitamin water.

15. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just as PETA likes to show cute little cows being slaughtered in an attempt to "enlighten" the public, this video will convert no one.... I doubt if anyone waiting in the McDonalds drive-though is under the impression that the food they're about to order is gonna further the healthy lifestyle they're trying to live

16. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I avoid clichés like the plague.

:jj:

17. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I only eat a portion of McNuggets.

18. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    She called it a fritter.... Fritters are flavored dough balls... Therefore, grinding lets then mix in all those binders & fillers. Another reason skin is used: flavor. Chicken skin, and it's fat have a tremendous flavor potential. Melt tte fat and you can flavor a shitload of dough. The ratio of cheap dough to expensive meat is all they care about.

19. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Like posting accompanying YouTube clips that articulate your points better than you ever could with actual thoughts of your own?

I was going to say, I've never seen such multi-media integrated into the content of a forum post, you define originality & innovation.

20. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    i feel a lil better. i have to admit these are one of my guilty pleasures. once in a while on the way home ill head to mcdonalds for some nuggets and sweet n sour sauce. there entire menu EXCEPT breakfast and the nuggets are crap. if you gotta do fast food wendy's is better. im not including 5 guys sonic or in and out because ive never been there and they're not near me to try.