New York City police and firefighters engage in massive fistfight (VIDEO)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by datchguy, Apr 7, 2014.

1. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    A charity hockey match over the weekend between members of New York City’s police and fire departments was momentarily put on hold after a massive brawl cleared the benches of both teams.
    Sunday’s annual exhibition game was reportedly tied 3-3 during the second quarter when a fight erupted among a small group of players. Referees attempted to intervene, but within minutes the incident escalated quickly and practically every amateur athlete on hand took to the ice to get in on the action.
    On the website for the New York City Fire Department Hockey Team, the event was billed as a charity match between the “bravest and finest.†Proceeds from the game were advertised as going towards the New York Police and Fire Widows’ and Children’s Benefit Fund, among other charities.
    According to a local Fox News affiliate, the game was delayed for around 25 minutes as the refs made sense of the scuffle and attempted to clear the ice of the dozens of gloves and other equipment that were disregarded during the brawl. Several players were ejected, the station reported, but the game soon after resumed and eventually ended with the boys in blue beating the New York Fire Department by a score of 8-5.
    Cell phone footage captured from several audience members in attendance quickly went viral and caused the incident to attract the attention of media outlets in and out of the Big Apple, but representatives for both the NYFD and the New York Police Department declined to immediately respond to post-game questions from the press. By Monday afternoon, YouTube videos of the fight had been viewed online tens of thousands of times.
    Sunday’s game at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, NY was the forty-first annual match-up between the two teams, and marked the first victory for the NYPD over their rivals in six years.
    “No matter the patch, we are all family,†the police department’s hockey team wrote on Facebook early Monday alongside a post-game picture of team members from both sides shaking hands.

[video=youtube;sJUecEoj6dc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJUecEoj6dc[/video]

2. ice cream

ice cream Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    even fire dudes hate pigs :coffee:

3. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

4. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Captain Frank in 3...2...1...

5. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    its not a hockey game unless everyone throws down, and its not a fdny event unless beer is drunk and teeth are knocked out. that seemed like a normal game to me.

6. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I used to work at a hotel where NYC PD and FD would stay when they came to town for a charity event. They were mostly friendly outgoing guys who were nice and polite to the staff but they spent a lot of time getting loaded and raising hell. They drove drunk, damaged property, and made it impossible for guests in nearby rooms to get any sleep. The crime rate in NYC probably declined during the time they were here because they're the ones who commit most of the crimes.

7. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Is there really any need for a rivalry between both side Seems childish more than anything

8. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    two fraternal groups of very irish men and beer. what else would you expect them to do?

9. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    I used to skate with both of those teams in high school. We practiced right before them at Riverdale Rink and I always cut morning classes to stay on the ice with them for $5 or $10. In those days, they barely had enough guys for 3 or 4 lines and I almost got in on that Garden game for the PD except the FD knew me just as well so it was a no-go.

10. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Saw this and......I will keep my mouth shut.

11. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wasn't this an episode of Rescue Me?

12. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I'm sure the offenders all got arrested and will be prosecuted. Just like when they drive drunk.

13. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow.. a fight at a hockey game.. what a controversy.

Half the FDNY are former NYPD members who crossed over for the better schedule and working conditions... they likely all went out after the game for beers.

Just yesterday, two NYPD cops nearly died when they got off an elevator in a smoke filled hallway and collapsed... the fdny moved heaven and earth to rescue those cops.. one of whom is still not likely to survive..

The battle of the badges is a myth, a divide and conquer tactic used by the city to keep the emergency services against each other to increase esprit de corps.

14. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Yes! Exactly!

15. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
    Now many of the NYPD are not even white. At least not the good ones. A 105 pound
    hispanic woman is very intimidating :rolleye:. It was better when we had big mean Irish cops
    here.

16. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    They must have very different Latinas than here. They're virtually all short but most are pushing two bills. "muffin top" describes the look.

17. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
    The ones on the force are either puerto rican or dominican and they are the worst cops. Blacks also. They
    get all the shitty assignments. Either buy and bust or stick them in a corner where they can't do much
    harm.