New Yorkers, a little something to celebrate!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck this crook in his wrinkly old asshole........

Sheldon Silver guilty of all 7 corruption charges in twin kickback schemes, faces up to 130 years in prison
    BY Stephen Rex Brown
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Updated: Monday, November 30, 2015, 4:15 PM
    [​IMG] Jefferson Siegel/New York Daily News
    Former Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver arrives Monday at Manhattan Federal Court, where he was found guilty on all seven corruption charges.
    Sheldon Silver has gone from one of Albany’s famed “three men in a room” to one of 198,000 people in federal lockup.
    A jury found the 71-year-old former Assembly Speaker guilty on all seven corruption charges Tuesday, sending a powerful message to politicians in New York’s capital.
    Judge Valerie Caproni will set the date of his surrender. He faces a maximum of 130 years behind bars, though he is expected to face a sentence more in the range of 20 years.
    EDITORIAL: SHELDON SILVER'S THEME SONG
    The verdict is a major victory for Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, who slammed Albany as “a cauldron of corruption” when he announced charges against the Lower East Side democrat in January.
    “Today, Sheldon Silver got justice, and at long last, so did the people of New York,” the U.S. Attorney's office said in a statement after the verdict was revealed.
    Over three weeks the government presented ample evidence of Silver’s efforts to conceal twin corruption schemes that earned him $4 million.
    Silver, the former state Assembly Speaker, was accused of two separate schemes. In the first, prosecutors said he secretly directed $500,000 in state money to Columbia University Dr. Robert Taub’s mesothelioma research. The decorated doctor testified that he gave Silver leads on his patients who were suffering from the deadly effects of asbestos exposure. The Lower East Side democrat then directed those patients to the firm Weitz & Luxenberg, which paid Silver $3 million in referral fees.
    Taub testified that Silver had told him to keep their arrangement under wraps. Prosecutors noted that Silver found other ways to do favors for Taub once the pot of money he’d used to fund the doctor’s research was eliminated through state legislation. New transparency requirements also dissuaded Silver from giving Taub any more money, prosecutors said.
    In the second scheme Silver, 71, directed two major developers – Glenwood Management and the Witkoff Group – to use the firm Goldberg & Iryami for litigation challenging city tax assessments. That firm secretly paid Silver $700,000 in referral fees.
    Lobbyists from Glenwood detailed their surprise and concern when they learned the company had been paying Silver via the Goldberg firm.
    "I was surprised, concerned, upset," lobbyist Richard Runes said about learning of the arrangement. "I did not know if this in fact was legal. There were too many complications."
    Witkoff Group founder Steve Witkoff said he became "incensed and belligerent" when he found out Silver had secretly been paid by the firm for years.

RONNIE THE CLAW likes this.
  2. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    you buying the champagne or am I?

3. JRoyle411

JRoyle411 I want to live in a hamburger bun.

Reputations:
  4. Patron

Patron Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He must be a Democrat because the headline doesn't say

Ingens, fredrogers and WUT7272G7C like this.
  5. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    I'll supply the butt plugs.

6. Abner Devereaux

Abner Devereaux Well-Known Member

Reputations:

very astute....

you're correct on both points.

fredrogers likes this.
  7. Muffler

Muffler Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Best news since that corrupt cop turned corrupt congressman scumbag Mario Biaggi got what was finally coming to him.
    Just sorry Elliot Engel got caught . He could have been a contender . Maybe he can make a comeback with some sort of rehabilitation. Of course Ashley Dupre was irresistible ...I would have ruined my marriage with her too.

"Musky but not pooney ". Mr X

8. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    But your honor i cant do 130years do as many as ya can Mr Silver do as many as ya can Sir

9. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope this fucker dies in prison.

Shithead likes this.
  10. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

Yup, shhhh.. That's not an important fact to report for the news when it's your guy! :secret:

Sheldon "Shelly" Silver (born February 13, 1944) is an American lawyer and Democratic politician from New York, who rose to become Speaker of the New York State Assembly in 1994. On January 30, 2015, eight days after his arrest on federal corruption charges, Silver submitted his resignation as Speaker, effective February 2, in order to defend himself against the charges.

Ingens likes this.
  11. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    At least he's not going to be sitting around in prison hearing everyone talk about his granddaughter being the "I wanna taste my own ass" girl.
    https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Rachel_Bruno

12. GLguygardner

GLguygardner WE DA BEST!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Feh! The Feds will put him in a prison camp. He's gonna live good til he kicks the bucket.

13. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He will try to Jew down the sentence

wife is a whore likes this.
  14. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lock every one of them up. Start fresh

wife is a whore likes this.