News Flash: Friend of the Show, Arnold Schwarzenegger, is an asshole.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Kamie, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    As Arnold and Maria sorted through the wreckage, the next few months proved a study of two people of very different character. Family members and friends say Maria told them that despite Arnold’s betrayal, she loved her husband still and she believed in marriage. Maria was a Kennedy, and she was a Shriver, brought up never to bring shame to the family. Beyond that, she was a shrewd political woman. Like Hillary Clinton at the time of Monica Lewinsky, Maria was willing to consider standing by Arnold’s side. But she needed time and space to figure out what she could do. She needed quiet, too, and beyond anything she needed this matter to stay private.

Arnold is a very different kind of person. Anything that posed emotional pain or difficulty, he was out of there. He could not understand why Maria could not just forgive and get on with things, and when Maria said she needed a trial separation and told Arnold to move out, family and friends say that he refused. It was his house, and he wasn’t budging.

Maria could not stay with her estranged husband. The California-style mansion had the scent of the affair in every bed and sofa, and wherever Maria looked she saw pictures and memorabilia of her husband. And so she moved into a hotel, where her children came to visit her. She had lost her mother and father within a year, and now she had lost her marriage.

In early May 2011, the couple gave a joint statement to the Los Angeles Times announcing that after 25 years, they had separated. They thought the details of why they were contemplating a divorce were between them, but a week and a half later, the Times ran the story that the couple had “separated after she learned he had fathered a child more than a decade ago with a longtime member of their household staff.†Schwarzenegger has told his advisers that he blames Shriver’s four brothers for having leaked the story to shame their sister into leaving him for good. But the brothers adamantly deny having anything to do with the story. They say they did not try to talk their sister into divorcing Arnold, but only gave her support so that she could decide what to do. When Arnold refused to continue with therapy after the one session, Maria decided she had no choice but to ask for a divorce, people close to the couple say. “If he had character, he would have done what had to be done,†says a family member. “He would have gone to therapy and truly faced what he had done. He probably would have gotten Maria back if he had done that stuff. She truly loved him. She was looking for a basis to go back, but he was incapable of giving it to her.†Their divorce is still being finalized.

Ever the philosopher, Schwarzenegger told his next-door neighbor in Sun Valley, “I think things will work out OK with Maria, but if they don’t, I’m getting me a 20-year-old honey,†according to one of Arnold’s friends.

Schwarzenegger does not seem to realize all that he has lost. He no longer has the wife who brought him to a world beyond the furthest parameters of Hollywood. Everyone who knows Arnold well says that the purest feeling in his life is his love for his children, yet he does not have the affection of his children in the same way he did before. His son Patrick has started calling himself “Patrick Shriver†on his Twitter account. His two daughters, say family members and friends, fear that he wants to use them as part of his campaign to rehabilitate his image. He still tries to protect them, and when 60 Minutes wanted to interview them, according to those close to him, he said no. And yet, I am told by family members, the children remain suspicious of their father’s motives.

In earlier years, Schwarzenegger would have had pals with whom he could discuss his life, but he has turned away from several longtime friends and seems to have no one in whom he can truly confide. He has a movie star’s entourage, but they are not friends. One Saturday night a few weeks ago, Arnold was spotted bicycling by himself through the darkening streets of Santa Monica.

“Arnold’s always been alone,†says a longtime friend who no longer sees him. “It’s just that it’s more obvious, and maybe now een he recognizes something of his fate.â€

[From The Daily Beast]

2. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    Most bodybuilders are...

3. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster Member

Reputations:
    I hope he gets a 20 year old.

4. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    It was never likely that they would stay married.

5. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Like this was his first affair.

Ill bet he was getting strange from day one and she knew about it.

Having a kid with the ass-ugly maid is a step too far though.

6. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    I’m getting me a 20-year-old honey

:secret:i would too.

7. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Surprised they lasted that long in the first place.

***On a second note, do we consider people who have not been on the Stern show in over a decade to still be friends of the show?

Certainly Arnold is not an enemy of the show, and he likely have positive and complimentary things to say about Stern if he was asked, but I hardly would consider him a friend of the show.

To me a friend of the show would have to be someone whom has been on in the past 5 years. A true friend would have stopped in at least once durting the Sirius era to pay a visit to Howard on his satelliete show

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  8. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll be back to read this thread

9. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    this.

furthermore, if someone does all the other shows too when they promote, are they a friend of all those other shows too?

10. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;4mJVFGKW1rA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mJVFGKW1rA[/video]

11. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    Can somebody describe the first post in 5 words. Thanks.

12. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    being married that long sucks. i'm sure she was a total frigid bitch also.

13. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    Well, even if Arnold is NOT a friend of the show, this thread is still Stern-related because it involves a high profile celebrity cheating on his wife with an ugly gold-digger.

14. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    op thinks arnold is uncool

15. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    why yes, did not read

16. the Artie Chair

the Artie Chair New Member Banned User

Reputations:

[​IMG]

methinks you were a bit out of your league with Maria these past 20 years, Arnold.

17. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Yea, it was a long post that I should have cut down. My job gets in the way of my posting sometimes :p. Basically Maria found out he was cheating and asked him to leave the house and he said fuck no, even though Maria really wanted to work things out. He would only go to one counseling session with Maria and told his friends that if it didn't work out with Maria he'd get himself a 20 year old. And I guess I think of Arnold as a friend of the show because he gave Howard an exclusive on his proposal to blow up the moon.

18. MISERABLE66

MISERABLE66 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He should hang with Ronnie. Maybe he can hook Arnold up with a dime piece like his Stephanie. :jj:

19. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I wouldn't move out of my house either. if the bitch want a separation or a divorce, let her move the fuck out.

20. LobsterTails

LobsterTails Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Right On