News & radio abuzz over brilliant meteor shooting across the skies of So. California

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Phan Neepack, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Meteor Reported Over LA, San Diego, Southern California on November 6

A meteor or a fireball or some kind of bright light flew over Los Angeles, San Diego, and southern California on Wednesday night, prompting a flood of tweets and calls–and people in Arizona and Texas also saw something similar. Dozens if not hundreds or thousands of people are reporting that they saw something in the sky via Twitter and other social networks.

“I saw it! Huge flash of light, followed by a streak of light for a few seconds, and then it was gone. Scary but beautiful,” Russ Haigis , a San Diego resident, told Epoch Times.

“I saw the meteor it was huge and broke into three large pieces,” said another person via Twitter.
    “Looked like something burning up upon entry into atmosphere, big flareup. Meteor, maybe,” said Mary Slosson.
    “Saw meteor in Newport Beach driving south on Pacific Coast Highway, giant blue fireball, white in center w. long smoky tail, heading SW then FLASH!” Then I inadvertently lost control of my bowels all over my leather appointed bucket seats" said another user on Twitter.

In addition, dozens of people have reported to the American Meteor Society, with reports from various areas of California–including Temecula, San Bernardino, and Chula Vista–as well as St. George, Utah; and Brenda in Arizona.
    “Most brilliant white object I’ve ever seen,” said John B. from Temecula, CA. “Looked as bright as burning phosphorus.”
    The National Weather Service said: “Lots of meteor sightings this evening . These are likely associated with the South Taurids [meteor shower].”
    The meteor shower is well-known for having a high percentage of fireballs–or exceptionally bright meteors–according to EarthSky. Meteors are bits of rocks and ice ejected from comets as they move in their orbits about the sun.

[​IMG]

....more to follow as this breaking story unfolds

2. Stevie

Stevie Now go...Ohm.

Reputations:
    Triangle of Safety.

3. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
  4. artiesoffspring

artiesoffspring Hugs and kisses

Reputations: