NFL anyone? Jax Jaguars to have poolside cabanas

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MrPACS, Jun 9, 2014.

1. MrPACS

MrPACS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jaguars to have poolside cabanas

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11056170[/video]

Updated: June 9, 2014, 5:03 PM ET
    By Darren Rovell | ESPN.com
    Jags To Offer Poolside Viewing At Games

Darren Rovell discusses a new game viewing option being offered by the Jacksonville Jaguars that will include cabanas and swimming pool access.

Jacksonville Jaguars fans will be able to watch a game this season while sitting in a pool inside the stadium.
    More from ESPN.com

[​IMG]Stadium upgrades just another piece in the long line of evidence that shows the buzz around the long-struggling franchise, Michael DiRocco writes. Story

The team has taken out 9,500 seats in the north end zone and is replacing them with a two-level party deck that includes two pools and 16 cabanas complete with plush furniture.
    Companies or fans can rent one of the four poolside cabanas on the first level for $12,500 a game, or $250 per person. The package includes 50 tickets and is all-you-can-eat and drink. Wine and beer will be served through the third quarter, as is the case with the rest of the stadium.
    A similar package of 20 tickets on the upper level of the party deck, which does not include pool access, costs $3,000 a game, or $150 per person.
    [+] Enlarge[​IMG]Courtesy Jacksonville JaguarsThe Jaguars have taken out 9,500 seats in the north end zone and are replacing them with a two-level party deck space that includes two pools and 16 cabanas complete with plush furniture.

Chad Johnson, the team's senior vice president of sales, said the team has sold 65 percent of the in-stadium cabanas for the 2014 season.
    "We're targeting businesses who want to entertain some of their clients or even their own employees," Johnson said. "What we've built here you can't get anywhere else."
    The party deck is part of a $63 million renovation to the Jaguars' EverBank Field that will include the world's largest HD LED video screens, new seats on the field and tables in the club sections.
    "We wanted to take areas in our stadium that were underperforming and get creative," Johnson said. "It's no secret that we've had tarps on seats, so we wanted to turn that around and build premium areas."
    Aside from having just 11 wins in the past three seasons, Johnson said the team is challenged by the fact that Jacksonville has the second-highest population turnover of an NFL city after Washington, D.C.
    That means doing things that no other NFL team does. Starting this season, the Jaguars will be showing a constant stream of the NFL Red Zone feed in the four displays in the end zones so fans can watch the Jaguars while keeping up with the rest of the league or tracking their fantasy team.

2. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Goodell loves cabana boys.

3. gail ha chu

gail ha chu Member VIP

Reputations:
    Anyone that has sat through a Sept-Nov football game in FL might think this is a good idea. The heat can be unbearable at times. :sun:

4. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    They figured out to cover the empty seats

5. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    The unlimited drinks would help you forget that you are paying to watch the jaguars.

6. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    So he's losing concessions for 9500 people? That's got to outweigh the cabana sales. I spent around $65 a person last game I attended (Bengals) - if I assume the average person spends half that, it's almost $310,000 in revenue being lost for 16 cabanas.

7. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    At least part of the motivation is eliminating some seats so they can avoid local TV blackouts, I believe the rule now is 85% of seats must be sold 72 hours before the game.

8. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Just their way to get rid of the bleaks, since the bleaks can't swim...AMIRITE????????

9. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There are no concessions for 9500 empty seats.

10. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

[​IMG]

11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Just about anything in Florida outside needs to have a pool nearby most of the year to be bearable. I can recall being on the beach at 10:30am and not being able to stand it. And I work outside much of the time.

12. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    it would help if the Jags won a few games :dontknow:

13. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Sounds like a really bad idea. If they are targeting corporate, nobody wants to be around their coworkers in a swimsuit, especially women.

14. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    I think it would work well in Miami. It is so fucking hot at Sun Life... A lot of women wear bikini tops to the stadium anyways. A pool might be nice with a cold beer and some bikini babes for distraction when the Fins are losing. :c

at that point I might as well just watch the game in the pool in my backyard. yeaahhh nevermind.

15. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Sounds like the idea is to fill the other seats with guys and binoculars.

16. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    NFL aka the National Felon League.

17. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    looking forward to seeing these folks in speedos

[​IMG]