NFL Goes all PC and everything

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mulletude, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    From the article:
    John Wooten, who heads the Fritz Pollard Alliance, expects the NFL Competition Committee to adopt a new rule making it a penalty if a player uses the 'N' word on the field. The first use will draw a 15-yard penalty. The second use will lead to an ejection.

In addition to this story, I've heard a few rumors about other action that the committee might take. The penalty for calling another player a 'cunt' could be a 10 yard penalty and loss of down. Using the word 'spic' might also result in a 10 yard penalty with no loss of down. Using the word 'kike' as a slur may result in a monetary penalty only and payable to AIPAC, no yards will penalized until the % of Jews in the NFL goes above 2%. The committee is still considering whether to penalize teams when their players use the words 'faggot' 'wetback' 'chink' or 'honky'. Players will not be penalized for saying 'damn' or 'fuck'. Yet.

http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nfl/nfl-to-penalize-use-of-n-word-during-games

2. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    How are they going to know if the "n-word" was used? Are there going to be other players putting their hands up and tattling to the referees?

3. IAC78

IAC78 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I hate the fucking PC agenda were living in. This is fucking stupid...

My work is having some faggy "Anti Bullying" day next week. Handing out pink shirts. I wish I could wipe my ass with it and throw it back at them.

4. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Everyone says "nigga", not "Reggie". Maybe one white guy will get penalized. :dontknow:

If you call a guy who's married with 2 kids and also has 2 girlfriends a "fag", is it a gender or predjudice slur? :dontknow:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  5. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    Dude, yuck.

Please make a thread on this, though.

6. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    So if a DB throws out "nigga" and a WR responds with "faggot", is that offsetting personal fouls or does one grievance supersede the other?

7. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    :snicker:

Very good question. But I thought "nigga" was not a racist term. "Reggie" is.

8. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    This is probably all a result of the shit that went down with the Dolphins. I'm telling you, they're going to start treating the NFL like any other workplace. You can't call your co-worker a cocksucker or a faggot. Why should they be allowed to get away with it?

They're being paid. It's work. Behave like it.

9. Nantrax

Nantrax Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Wasn't this discussed 6 months ago? :dontknow:

10. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    :sgay:

11. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    I call coworkers "cocksucker" and "faggot" all the time. :grad:

12. ExBSEmployer

ExBSEmployer Member

Reputations:
    This rule will be much more difficult to implement than it sounds. Will the NFL provide every official, player, and coach with a list of words that can’t be used? And who would determine which words make the list? Some slurs may be considered offensive in some contexts but not in others. If a black player compliments another black player by saying, "Great play, n*gga," would that generate an automatic penalty? What about situations in which a black player uses the "N-word" toward a black teammate after a bad play? Would an official actually issue a 15-yard penalty for a racial slur used between teammates?

And -- of course -- not everyone agrees on what constitutes a racial slur. Some people consider “Redskins” a racial slur. If the NFL is so concerned about policing use of offensive words, why is one of its teams using a name that many people find offensive? Seems pretty hypocritical to me...

13. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    A woman at my company got shit-canned for saying to another co-worker "that's fine, but do you have to be such a bitch about it?"

The problem is/was, the woman she called was a fucking bitch and she, herself, got shit-canned a year later for losing her mind, flipping out on a co-worker and then ranting about the co-worker in the wrong manager's office. :facepalm:

14. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Why is this so hard to follow?

Can you use that language at any other place of employment? No. And if you don't know what language is and isn't acceptable, you're going to find out. :jj:

15. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    And? :fil:

16. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    If they hurt the other player's feelings after a tackle how many yards do they lose? After all, they're all winners just entertaining the folks watching. No need to make anyone feel bad.

17. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    These people are adults we are talking about, and still they don't understand what is appropriate to say to a co-worker. Mystifying.

You aren't hanging out at a bar - you're at work. People can't stand having to act like grown ups.

18. ExBSEmployer

ExBSEmployer Member

Reputations:
    I would be willing to bet anything you've never played an organized contact sport in your life (except for maybe soccer as a six-year-old). Do you have any idea how often b*tch, p*ssy and n*gger are used in a typical football or basketball game? What's next on your agenda? Would you like to see profanity banned in the military, too?

19. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    But what if they dress it up with "you beautiful, charming cocksucker" ?

20. IAC78

IAC78 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Im sure though any slur directed towards a white, straight player will be fine though